WOULD YOU? 1997 Aston for $20k

zeitgeist57

Would you?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Would you?

• YES: Phoning my E*Trade broker to RELEASE DAT FUNDS...
    • NO: Champagne?!? :dumb: I'll stick with beer and burgers, KTHXBYE

http://www.dennydotson.com/1997-AstonMartin-DB7/Used-Convertible/Johnstown-OH/8770/3352947/Details.aspx

I've always remarked when you can get high-end Euro/Japanese automobiles for cheap (thanks, depreciation!), but just randomly perusing mah favrite berks on used cars, I saw this little gem. I've always been smitten with Aston's, and the '90s DB7 offers a mid-300hp boosted straight six with a stick shift combo...sadly, this one is an automatic.

PROS:

007-style for new Kia Optima money

bespoke luxury

Decent reliability

KOTR highway-cruiser

If you can't get tail in DAT ASTON, please drop your man card at the nearest return bawkxz.

CONS:

Pricey to repair

MPG LOL

Autotragic

Denny Dotson EWWWW...

Convertisexual, if you're one of those losers that doesn't like a good drop-top.

WOULD YOU?

*Yes, I am modeling this thread off of Jalopnik's NPOCP segment. ;)

Looks like a jag. Those eat money too.

If you are buying it to give the impression that you "stepped up" you might not be getting there in that car in particular.

I also think they probably cost a lot to maintain and fix. But I cannot say for sure.

Given the probable cost to maintain and fix....I would take this over the Aston.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?zip=43220&endYear=2014&showcaseOwnerId=0&startYear=1981&makeCode1=MAS&firstRecord=26&searchRadius=300&maxPrice=40000&mmt=%5BMAS%5B%5D%5B%5D%5D&minPrice=12000&listingId=351385696&listingIndex=18&Log=0

Looks like a jag. Those eat money too.

If you are buying it to give the impression that you "stepped up" you might not be getting there in that car in particular.

I also think they probably cost a lot to maintain and fix. But I cannot say for sure.

Given the probable cost to maintain and fix....I would take this over the Aston.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?zip=43220&endYear=2014&showcaseOwnerId=0&startYear=1981&makeCode1=MAS&firstRecord=26&searchRadius=300&maxPrice=40000&mmt=%5BMAS%5B%5D%5B%5D%5D&minPrice=12000&listingId=351385696&listingIndex=18&Log=0

Clay needs to drive the Aston, this Maserati, and the newest Alfa Romeo he can find and then report back to us with the Maintenance Nightmare Shootout.

LOL @ your responses, folks.

I'm not buying anything. :thumbup: Fact is, when I was backpacking across Italy after graduating from college, my buddies were eyeing the beach talent, and I was remarking at all the neat Euro-rides that we didn't have in the states. :lol: . . . . . . . . . . . . . . no homo...

I CAN'T STOP LOOKING

http://www.hickorywindranch.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/brain-on-drugs.jpg

when I was backpacking across Italy after graduating from college, my buddies were eyeing the beach talent, and I was remarking at all the neat Euro-rides that we didn't have in the states.

...if this statement is true, it explains A LOT!

:lolguy:

KillJoy

• 2 weeks later...
Would not by anything from Denny Dotson...ever.

Denny is a crook. I would never buy a car from them.

-Marc

Wondering why these comments are being made. Not been in the area that long but looked at a vehicle there once. Seemed like nice guys. Anyone care to elaborate?