What would you build?

Cordell

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Monster Miata ?

Flyin Miata makes an LSx conversion, much better idea.

http://www.flyinmiata.com/index.php?dept=115

G-body Cutlass with a turbo LSX updated brakes and suspension with a set of GNX wheels.

I'm sure you've heard me wax non-poetic about this, but I'm going to do it again anyways. My first car was an 87' Montr Carlo. I want to put an LC2 with a 6-speed behind it in one and just cruise with it.

I would build a Formula Ford open wheeled chassis and then i would get rid of the junk ass ford 4 cylinder making 100hp for a 2009+ Yamaha R1 motor that would make close to 200hp and sound cool as all hell.

I'm not completely sure on this but I thought they went to the 1.0L ecobbost engine in those.

BUT I like your idea. What I can't get out of my head right now is an old light car, think mini or MGB with a busa motor in it.

I have a Volvo wagon. Lets do this shit.

It must have a hooligan stack coming out of the hood, or a fender bull horn exhaust.

The idea behind this car in my mind is something that will piss people off and hurt feelings.

I think the best paint job would be the "deathmobile" from Animal House :gabe:

Would love to do a old 56ford pickup little drop with a modern drivetrain (ls, coyote) and cruise it

This as well. Gib me a 55' ford f100, all new modern drivetrain, suspension, etc.. basically be the body dropped onto a modern race car.

Think expendables truck.

It must have a hooligan stack coming out of the hood, or a fender bull horn exhaust.

The idea behind this car in my mind is something that will piss people off and hurt feelings.

I think the best paint job would be the "deathmobile" from Animal House :gabe:

That would be awesome.

DethVolvo vs Farm Truck! Someone needs to make this happen.

for a DD, 2007 Mazda 6 Grand Touring wagon w/ a speed 6 swap. (drivetrain & front end)

http://stable-networks.com/ms6r/images/forum/6oljja.jpg

something like this but different choice of wheels/tires

I would build a Formula Ford open wheeled chassis and then i would get rid of the junk ass ford 4 cylinder making 100hp for a 2009+ Yamaha R1 motor that would make close to 200hp and sound cool as all hell.

Example of Formula Ford:

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2012/09/formula-ford-628.jpg

Not sure if it would be fat kid friendly but damn it would be a blast

That actually has 200hp, It's a 1.0l 3cyl. Very impressive

For my current T/A, I'd do a 408 with a Procharger at mild boost and keep it a 6 speed, as well as fully redone suspension for autocross/drag use. Ultimate sleeper I'd build would be the same T56/408 with a Procharger, in a Volvo 850R wagon, after converting the wagon to RWD.

Golf R with 2.5T TTRS engine and transmission with APR stg 2 or some sort of 2.5 alternative (not 3 due to autcrossing), Alcon BBK, TTRS front suspension (knuckles, LCA for better geometry), VW Motorsports wide body to fit the above suspension, CCW wheels, rivals for autocross, r comps for road courses, full ohlin motorsports coilover setup, F&R VWR swaybars, HPA haldex competition controller, various chassis braces.

Pantera GTS with a 4-rotor swap.

:megusta:

LSx Conquest, pretty much just like this:

http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af40/ted_kennedy/Conquest/1aej0.jpg

Good lord. That is beautiful.

For me, I would do either:

- The Nova build I have been wanting to do for years. No particulars other than a 68-72 Nova with a very healthy LS and T-56.

- A black 1968 Charger with a big block from hell.