What would you build?

Cordell

One of my favorite ways to waste time is to dream up a car build. So since I doubt I'm the only one who does this, lets share what we've dreamed up.

What I've been thinking about all day is putting a forged 370ci LQ4 in my Camaro, custom cam, and a Procharger F1A. I would over spin the blower and use a wastegate in the boost pipe to regulate boost about 10-12 psi and see if i could make around 800hp with it. This should make 10psi really early in the RPMs and keep it there like a turbo. Build a 4L80, and a Moser M9 rear. Should make for a 9 second street car. That would be cool.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd keep going with the Supra: 10:1 billet crank/billet main/dry sump 3.2 stroker, ported head w/high lift 280s, GTX4718R or GTX5533R 91mm, build a 6" intercooler, ProEFI 128, titanium downpipe/wastegate outlet, Belak Industries rear drag wheels w/28x10.5x15Ws, 9" IRS conversion, DSS axles, direct port nitrous system, and the fuel system centralized around a Weldon 2345A that I've been wanting to do forever.

That's it off the top of my head.

why spend 6000 on a procharger and stuff to try and duplicate a turbo. just buy chads no ac fbody kit slap a 47-88 t4 on it and make 1000.

This should make 10psi really early in the RPMs

I doubt a 4788 will see 10psi as quick as a blower would. Just my thought though

I would build a Formula Ford open wheeled chassis and then i would get rid of the junk ass ford 4 cylinder making 100hp for a 2009+ Yamaha R1 motor that would make close to 200hp and sound cool as all hell.

Example of Formula Ford:

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2012/09/formula-ford-628.jpg

Not sure if it would be fat kid friendly but damn it would be a blast

1985 Corolla Levin coupe built to TRD factory race car specs (drivetrain/suspension) with full interior and stock exterior.

1967 2000GT stock exterior/full interior with built 2JZ and full race suspension/drivetrain.

I'd keep going with the Supra: 10:1 billet crank/billet main/dry sump 3.2 stroker, ported head w/high lift 280s, GTX4718R or GTX5533R 91mm, build a 6" intercooler, ProEFI 128, titanium downpipe/wastegate outlet, Belak Industries rear drag wheels w/28x10.5x15Ws, 9" IRS conversion, DSS axles, direct port nitrous system, and the fuel system centralized around a Weldon 2345A that I've been wanting to do forever.

That's it off the top of my head.

I do like the turbo choices. You have my dream close in mind too.

I would go with a 25.5 caged sup.

10:1 CR Billet 3.0 long block, Half filled block, P&P head with +2 ferrea valve train and a BPA long tube pro-mod manifold. Pro mod Gen 2 88mm from precision or a GTX4718R with a vband connection, Titanium exhaust with a Boost logic 4" muffler. Pro-efi with Dry sump, 3-4 stages of direct nitrous. DSS 9" kit (comes with DS, axles, hubs, and center section) v160 and tilton triple.

All that wrapped up in a baller paint job, an EKanoo style hood and some big 28x10.5w slicks out back.

All this in a race trailer with all my supra junk and take that puppy to ever track from Illinois to Maryland and just enjoy beating it up.

well now my wallet hurts on that $125k spree. back to work!

I've always thought it'd be cool to take a mid 70s Celica (the ones that looked like the bastard offspring of a Camaro and Mustang) then drop in an EJ25, or if there's not enough width a 4G63, with about 400-500hp, beef up the suspension, and turn it into a stage rally/hill climb car.

Or take a 240Z, put a modern interior in it, modern suspension under it, strip the bumpers, front air dam, rear spoiler, fender flares, fat tires, and a 2JZ under the hood.

I'd like to do an Hyundai Genesis Coupe and Infiniti G37 Coupe "OEM+". They have nice lines and I think some small tweaks can make them really outstanding.

So many ideas, and not enough money to do them since they'd likely not sell for the investment..

I would build a Formula Ford open wheeled chassis and then i would get rid of the junk ass ford 4 cylinder making 100hp for a 2009+ Yamaha R1 motor that would make close to 200hp and sound cool as all hell.

Example of Formula Ford:

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2012/09/formula-ford-628.jpg

Not sure if it would be fat kid friendly but damn it would be a blast

Formula 1000.

EDIT: Oh, and there's also the Mevabusa

1985 Corolla Levin coupe built to TRD factory race car specs (drivetrain/suspension) with full interior and stock exterior.

1967 2000GT stock exterior/full interior with built 2JZ and full race suspension/drivetrain.

Ooh.. a 2000GT with GT86 under-pinnings..

Hmm.. FFR Daytona Coupe with a Coyote motor, but full interior, sound deadening, etc for a comfortable street cruiser.

Or a '65 Lincoln Continental hardtop. Black, bagged, and a modern V8 or TTV6 for better mileage. Basically making it a coast-to-coast cruiser.

Must stop thinking about this stuff..

I need to hit the lottery. Then I can afford a business that loses money and I can make all these cars..