What do you guys think of the new STI?

BigOxley

not "official" photos yet

http://image.motortrend.com/f/66358404/2015-Subaru-WRX-STI-side-in-motion-02.jpg

http://image.motortrend.com/f/66358386/2015-Subaru-WRX-STI-front-three-quarter-static.jpg

http://image.motortrend.com/f/66358398/2015-Subaru-WRX-STI-rear-wing.jpg

subaru guys range from "kill it with fire" to "it's not that bad."

impreza with turbo, wing, scoop. no real changes to the drivetrain (as far as the mortals know.) same 2.5l EJ engine since 2004. supposedly, better handling but heavier

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like my 2013, but honestly for the price they aren't all that great anymore. They are priced into the low 40's with Nav, but only dishes out a measly 305hp. In my opinion it need a full interior change WITH recaro seats as an option. It's complete bullshit why we don't have them in the US. Get a performance steering wheel too. Make it feel like a fucking sports car, not a souped up Camry.

I need to see a significant bump in HP and for the car to come from the factory with a tune that doesn't completely suck ass. I'm honestly embarrassed for them the factory tune is so bad on these cars.

I really like my 2013, but honestly for the price they aren't all that great anymore. They are priced into the low 40's with Nav, but only dishes out a measly 305hp. In my opinion it need a full interior change WITH recaro seats as an option. It's complete bullshit why we don't have them in the US. Get a performance steering wheel too. Make it feel like a fucking sports car, not a souped up Camry.

I need to see a significant bump in HP and for the car to come from the factory with a tune that doesn't completely suck ass. I'm honestly embarrassed for them the factory tune is so bad on these cars.

I agree with all of this.

I'm thinking a '15 mustang with the turbo 4 would be a better purchase from everything I've seen on both.

Waiting to hear about suspension design, weight, engine, and general performance before I make a judgement call. Thus far, it's just another "meh" Subaru design.

This

I'd love to see 400hp(it'll never happen I know). They need that to compete with the other cars in its "class".

What do you consider its class? IMO, their "class" is the EVO, STI, and the soon to be a regular yearly model, Golf R.

I was really disappointed with what Subaru ended up with compared to what the concept looked like.

Here is the concept

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/subaru-wrx-concept-new-york-2013/

Here is what we got

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2015-subaru-wrx-la-2013/

The STI isn't much better. The wing did little to make it look more aggressive.

And for 40K 305 HP isnt enough.

At 32k my Camaro makes 426.... (but is still heavy as a tank and slow )

Had the final product come even close to the concept I would be inline to buy one right now.

Well, the car certainly looks better with the wing, but unless they make some massive upgrades all around, this is an awful buy for the money. Give me a white '15 WRX with the Harmon Kardon sound system and one of those wings any day though...

inb4ricer

Don't like it but these pics look slightly better than the regular WRX pics I've seen before. However, you noted these aren't final. Overall, the nose is okay, the rest of it looks to much like a civic/corolla, including the interior. Hell, the interior IMO is what needs updated the most. I dunno, I'm a cheap bastard or mainly just frustrated that cars are so expensive for what they offer. The days of $30 averages and $40k for anything fun are upon us and to me that's stupid. My priorities are different I guess. That or I'm old and cheap.

Agree. I love the look, though.