How many of you are into cars?

DTM Brian

I love old muscle cars, but never could find one I could afford. Been messing around with custom trucks and vans for years, but my one passion is Turbo charged cars, especially if they are AWD! I've owned 4 Turbo Mitsubishi Eclipses over the last 19 years. My current one is a Turbo Spyder

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

87 MCSS Black w/Saddle

383 w/dart heads,Functional Goodmark hood.

700r-4, Gforce member,4.10s

1LE's w/Hotchkis uppers,2" drop

& ZQ8's

currently sitting with 3rd gear out of the 700 r-4

plans are for tko600 5 speed & rear disc conversion

68342672.jpg

22620648.jpg

22620658.jpg

Way too badass not to post, even on a cycle site. I just watched the video.... ludicrous the kind of seemingly unlimited power those twin hair dryers provide. I'm still shocked at the short distance it took to reach that speed.

1,400 HP Ford GT Sets 252 MPH Standing Mile World Record

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uk9vMQRIp1E&feature=player_embedded

I did know you rode! Maybe that explains the bike dyno?

I've been into cars way before I ever considered getting a bike. Right now I'm driving a 1999 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP, I've been modding it since I got it about 3.5 years ago, and it was completely stock before I got a hold of it.

It's pretty fun to drove for what it is, and it should be a lot more fun after my build is done in May. As it sits right now though, I've added a K&N cold air intake, autolite 104 plugs, a 180* thermostat, MSD 8.5mm wires, The Other Guy's headers, a full Borla catback, 1.9:1 ratio roller rockers (and upgraded springs and other valve train stuff to support the rockers), a modular pulley system for the supercharger, I'm currently running a 3.4" pulley, I have an AEM wideband afr setup that also outputs to a tuner, and I'm tuned on the wideband. I've got polyurethane motor mounts, SSC lowering springs, and a GM Performance Parts handling kit (GMPP HK not installed yet).

I'm actually doing a pretty big build over the next few months. The roller rockers are being replaced by an aftermarket cam, I have a race built transmission in the garage with a 4340 steel input shaft, hardened 4th gear clutch shaft, and a 3k RPM stall, and I'm planning on putting 3.29 gears in (gtp's have 2.93's stock).

Looking to get low 12's, and if I can't hit that on the planned build I'll throw a 50 shot on :D

It put down 245 HP and 326 Ft-Lbs at the wheels on the Dyno at Dyno Brian's last May, and I'm hoping for about 275 HP at the wheels this time around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmgyiaHwIBY

I've also got tons of aesthetic stuff done but I won't go in to that now.

So yeah, I guess I'm in to cars.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...