Would you buy a rebuilt car?

mrs.cos

Depends on what you're using it for. As an investment - only if it is an ultra rare vehicle that title condition won't impact value. As a daily driver that you will run into the ground - yup and get it as cheap as possible with the branded title. As a car that you want to buy and sell down the road - only if you get it dirt cheap and plan to well it for very little.

Title condition is just that... A clean title does NOT mean the car is straight and clean. With any used car, do a detailed inspection prior to purchase. I've trashed a few cars that I owned and repaired myself. Title never changed from 'clean'. Good luck either way!

My experience with one was not good. The car was never "right" just kept finding more and more wrong. Total pain in the ass to resell, I'll never buy rebuilt or salvage again. Are there good rebuilt cars out there? Certainly, but I'll never know because I won't touch one.

What are the common issues that come with owning a car like this?

Ignoring the thousands of potential safety or driveability concerns..... resale.

If you can't grab it for half of clean title value or less, I would suggest passing on it.

Yes but just as others said, only if you want something to run in the ground. My Z06 is rebuilt but I got it for 40% of clean title price at the time. I have put 20k trouble free miles on it drive it anywhere. It's nice not having to treat it like an investment but resale is a pita. I've had several people want it until I tell them it's rebuilt, then they act like I'm a con man even though they approached me first and I'm very upfront about the title. Oh well, I'll keep driving the piss out of it.

Sometimes cars slip through the cracks and get rebuilt or fixed with out showing up on car fax. My personal opinion is car fax isn't worth the paper it's printed on. Always use or ask for an autocheck! Rebuilt cars of done right are nothing to be afraid of but stay away from rebuilt cars on craigslist. Make sure the car was fully documented by a good shop with a great better business rating. Edited by TheMrWes
Misspelled word