College Football Thread v5.0

bicranium

I hope no one would expect an adult male to use the term "negative Nancy's" in a serious fashion. I fully understand that OSU is likely going to lose another game or two this year, possibly even more. I actually think this season is more interesting due to the loss of Braxton. Someone mentioned the comfort of just wondering how much OSU was going to win by going into a weekend and I think that's boring. I like the Colin Cowherd philosophy... give me interesting if nothing else.

As an OSU fan there is no other team worth more discussion. I don't think games like FSU-NCSU or A&M-Arkansas are going to be anywhere close to interesting. UCLA-Arizona St. tomorrow night will be great. Mostly because it's Thursday night and there's nothing else on but they are both ranked and I'm pretty sure UCLA is without Hundley for at least a little longer? Even with Hundley they never looked like the pre-season playoff contender people thought they were.

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it will be a close game. It's weird how I've lost all confidence in Ohio State. It used to be, well I know we will win, but by how much? Even against the top teams, and if we lost, it was a huge let down...now I go into most games (if the opponent is .500 or better) nervous as to if we will even win. I don't like it at all. I think a lot of it has to do with the defense not being what it once was.

This.

Don't worry, I'm sure if Cincy comes out hot we'll make all the necessary adjustments just like we did during the VT game...

What adjustments did you want? I think OSU's defense did pretty well in the 2nd half. The one successful drive VT had was kept alive by a PI on 3rd down. Their other 6 drives in the 2nd half gained a total of 52 yards and resulted in 0 points.

Mostly because it's Thursday night and there's nothing else on but they are both ranked and I'm pretty sure UCLA is without Hundley for at least a little longer? Even with Hundley they never looked like the pre-season playoff contender people thought they were.

Taylor Kelly (QB at ASU) is also out. This game should be very interesting.

What adjustments did you want? I think OSU's defense did pretty well in the 2nd half. The one successful drive VT had was kept alive by a PI on 3rd down. Their other 6 drives in the 2nd half gained a total of 52 yards and resulted in 0 points.

Were you watching the game when Ohio State's offense was on the field?

What about not running QB read options every other play?

How about all the short yardage passes we kept hidden for Kent State...

I knew I should have left the part in where I mentioned that I assume when he said "if Cincy comes out hot" that he's talking about their offense.

Not many people say "come out hot" when they're talking defense. Obviously OSU's offense was pure dog shit vs. VT so I figured there wouldn't be much confusion.