Opinion on Fall Track Day

MrMeanGreen

Which event should we schedule for?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Which event should we schedule for?

• NTR on 9/27 @ $41.50 (have to sell all 75 spots)
    • MCIR mid-October @ $38 (max 75 spots, but can sell less)

I'll be short and sweet about this, we have two options and I need to make a decision by tomorrow evening (the 23rd).

The planned NTR event on 8/27 requires us to purchase our own track insurance (this is not common, NTR usually provides it). Price will be $41.50 per vehicle, max of 75, we have to sell all spots to break even. No price break if we sell fewer spots.

We have the option of waiting until mid-October and renting out MCIR, pretty much the same as NTR but with more lenient tech-in, about as expensive, etc. We're looking at $38 per vehicle, max of 75, we have to sell all spots to break even but will catch a small price break if we don't hit all 75.

I do not have the schedule available to try to put on both events with this time frame and short notice. Pick one, and please only vote if you plan on going and racing. We also have the option at both rentals to run events again (True Street, Brackets, Grudge, etc.)

TL;DR

Which track do you want to race at in the near future?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd add $10 or so to the prices to have a little room, then if it does sell out it can go towards the next one, maybe give a discount to those who have gone to the first one that sold out.

I'll at least buy a spot to whichever so I'm just gonna save my vote.

I'd add $10 or so to the prices to have a little room, then if it does sell out it can go towards the next one, maybe give a discount to those who have gone to the first one that sold out.

I'll at least buy a spot to whichever so I'm just gonna save my vote.

I agree, add a few bucks on top of the cost of the tickets to give yourself a little breathing room.

Thanks for the additional input via posts.

I really like NTR, but their parent NHRA management has really put the screws to me this year. Most of you know that it takes a lot to do one of these events, this year it's been ten times more difficult since the NHRA has made me jump through some serious hoops.

That being said, I'll put myself out there and do what needs done because CR enjoys these events. I MAY entertain something at MCIT next year for something, but with D42 hopefully opening, that's definitely the direction I'd like to go for the "extra" event like we used to have.

As Scott mentioned, I'll probably up the entry fee for the current situation no matter what so that we can have a track day without having to sell all spots.

Those of you that are serious, thank you. Those of you that bitch about an extra $15, you're in the wrong hobby.

If we do $50/person for NTR, we need to sell 58 spots to break even.

The reason we have to supply our own insurance is because they're not running another event that day, so they can't "umbrella cover" us. We supply our own.

Next year I plan on getting some better days selected earlier than this year.

Something I would like to bring up.

The insurance policy does not state what happens with it if I cancel the event (weather, not enough spots, etc.). I'm waiting for an answer back from the carrier, but if they come back with anything except a refund on the policy if it's purchased and not used, we're doing MCIR.

I should know tomorrow.

Can someone define "loose tech" in relation to bikes? Never dragged on the bike, and as such, I only have a proper jacket and helmet and gloves, no boots or pants. I'd love to pop my cherry and race if that's good enough.

As long as its a leather jacket, and you're wearing over the ankle shoes/boots, your legal at trails until 135mph iirc. Thats all I've ever had to race a bike because I was never fast enough to need full leathers.

I'm interested in MCIR as my car would be done by then, so I'm very biased...

Dude you have said that in a thread atleast once a week every week for what feels like a year.

Quit talking about it and do it, or just stop talking about it until its done. Holy hell.

Ntr is my vote if I can get the day off good buddy .

Edited by Paul

As long as its a leather jacket, and you're wearing over the ankle shoes/boots, your legal at trails until 135mph iirc. Thats all I've ever had to race a bike because I was never fast enough to need full leathers.

Correct...but you really will want to invest in a pair of leather riding pants. This is for your safety man...a few hundred in protection is welllllll worth it.

-Marc

Correct...but you really will want to invest in a pair of leather riding pants. This is for your safety man...a few hundred in protection is welllllll worth it.

-Marc

Agreed, but someone who doesn't plan on doing much racing can certainly try it with jeans on for a few passes.

Agreed, but someone who doesn't plan on doing much racing can certainly try it with jeans on for a few passes.

I mean he is probably ok making a handfull of passes in jeans and boots but I went and bought a pair of leathers before my first track day. I like my legs and the skin that is currently on them!

-Marc