College Football Thread v8.0

bicranium

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its tied now.....

If you give up an 89 yard run and a 70+ yard pass for td's on two consecutive drives, that is a 2nd half shitting.....not the whole game :) should have clarified.

It's 2 series. When those long plays happen and the score is within a couple TD's, PLUS you answer, it's hardly the end. lol

Arkansas could be one of the hottest teams in America right now, god it hurts to agree with Jive

I watched the Harbaugh intro on ESPN and couldn't help but like the guy. I know he is with the enemy, but when I was a kid I actually like him as the QB for the Colts. Didn't mind him in SF either.

Arkansas could be one of the hottest teams in America right now, god it hurts to agree with Jive

I watched the Harbaugh intro on ESPN and couldn't help but like the guy. I know he is with the enemy, but when I was a kid I actually like him as the QB for the Colts. Didn't mind him in SF either.

Met him and the team as a kid. Went to a Colts practice. Had a paper with his, Faulks, and many others autographs. Left it in grandmas office. Came back to visit a month or so later and she'd throw it away since she didn't know what it was. :fuuuu:

Going back to Arkansas and looking at their last schedule this year, maybe they aren't one of the hottest teams in the country, but they were pretty competitive. Crazy to think a team that goes 2-6 in conference play can still go to a bowl game.

Proof that there are too many watered down bowls.

Proof that there are too many watered down bowls.

I said that a few pages back, even though W. Kentucky or whoever the hell it was came back and made it interesting, there are far too many bowls. No one watches these things, look at the stadiums, they aren't even a quarter ways full. Outside of the big time games, no one cares.

Going back to Arkansas and looking at their last schedule this year, maybe they aren't one of the hottest teams in the country, but they were pretty competitive. Crazy to think a team that goes 2-6 in conference play can still go to a bowl game.

Pedo state is a prime example...... 2-6 in the *shitty* b1g

I hated Harbaugh when he played at Michigan, I thought he was a jackass when he was a QB for the Colts, and I've always thought he acted like a douche as a coach. Fuck him and fuck Michigan.

Also, I'm all for more competitiveness in the B1G, but I don't want to hear any of this fucking nonsense that Michigan needs to beat Ohio State to make the rivalry worthwhile. Nope, you worthless Michigan fucks can go 11-1 every year. REMEMBER COOPER YEARS? I do, so Michigan can go fucking die in a dumpster fire filled with salty tears and weasel pelts, Khaki King and all.

Yeah, I don't think Michigan needs to beat OSU to make the rivalry worthwhile lol. I think Michigan being 11-0 heading into that game vs an 11-0 OSU team makes it worthwhile instantly though. Hell a 10 win Michigan team would be nice compared to the 3-5 win teams we've become used to.

Has anyone else noticed the lack of talk about Oregon/FSU and the insane amount about Bama/OSU and the Sugar Bowl by ESPN? I honestly don't think I have watched a single thing about the Rose Bowl.

Agreed. I only saw one thing where someone was amped about seeing Marcus Mariotta in the NFL. Thats it. Its all been Bama/OSU coverage.

On the other hand, I've never seen so many people think/know a 0 loss team sucks, such as FSU. Its pretty much expected Oregon will win that.

Whoever wins the national championship this year is going to be regarded as a mega champ by virtue of the fact that the winning team has to basically play two bowl games/two national championship games.

If Alabama wins NC, then their stranglehold on the CFB world will get stronger, though that is almost inconceivable at this point. Bama will get the benefit of the doubt for the next 10 years.

If Florida State wins NC, they'll be considered a dynasty. They'll be seen as the only team that is capable of beating the SEC (even if they beat Ohio State for NC), the face of the "other-than-the-SEC." They'll also be even more polarizing, though that - like Bama's cache - is almost inconceivable at this point. They'll be the Troll Kings and there's nothing we can do to stop them.

If Oregon wins the NC, Marcus Mariotta will be in the discussion of the greatest football player of all time (especially if he is instrumental in the wins, which he likely would be). Also, if this happens, look for the PAC12 to be seen as the best conference going into next year, or at least a 1b to the SEC's 1a. People will say that Oregon finally got to the top of the mountain because they figured out how to play defense. Look for everyone to have chrome helmet alternate unis if Oregon wins it all.

If Ohio State wins NC, the narrative will be that a true power has risen. Meyer will get the credit for building a team that can beat the SEC at its own game - a fast, athletic defensive line and an offense that can be lethal - and getting Ohio State over that "hump" (however made up that "hump" is). Also, the narrative will change, insofar as I see a lot of people praising Ohio State for it's BCS-and-beyond success vs. focusing in on them getting beat in the two NC games versus the SEC. Ohio State will be widely regarded as a very athletic, very fast team - something that they never would have been seen as even as recently as four years ago.

Gentleman, this is what CFB is really all about. I'm glad we're at this point. We have two really great matchups only to be followed by what is sure to be another great matchup. I'm happy to be a CFB fan.

Has anyone else noticed the lack of talk about Oregon/FSU and the insane amount about Bama/OSU and the Sugar Bowl by ESPN? I honestly don't think I have watched a single thing about the Rose Bowl.

I've been pointing it out to my A&M and Nebraska friend and they thought it was just me being an asshole OSU fan but it's borderline annoying as an OSU fan to be honest. Watching the A&M game on Monday and they were talking about Meyer vs. Saban and then looking forward to Meyer vs. Harbaugh. I haven't seen a single commercial for the Rose Bowl. I finally saw some Rose Bowl coverage last night on Sportscenter after the games but Herbie and Davis or Fowler (get them confused - they're both turds) are in Pasadena then every other CFB person for ESPN is in New Orleans. It's crazy.

Also, someone mentioned ND's lack of defense... during the game they pointed out the injuries they've sustained on that side of the ball this season. Was something like 17 or 24 injuries, a bunch of them season-ending and only 3 of their defensive players have played in every game. I was wondering what happened to them to make them go 1-5 after starting 6-0 and that helps explain it in addition to Golson turning the ball over a billion times.