College Football Thread v8.0

bicranium

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was impressed by Braska, doing it's best to "win one for the Gipper" last night. Really left it on the field. Shame they couldn't pull it out.

Those 3rd down/4th down calls in the 4th when they were down 3 pissed me off. First, they killed their own momentum a bit by calling a timeout. Then they come out and throw a pass. The whole time I was like, well... just run it twice and get the first down. The line says they're in their kicker's range but it would make sense to get closer. They come out of the timeout and throw a pass. Incomplete. So I was like, alright, guess they trust their kicker. Nope. They run a jet sweep on 4th and 3 with Pierson-El and that's pretty much game.

If you're going to go for it on 4th why are you throwing a pass on 3rd and 3? Run that jet sweep on 3rd and 3. Do anything other than what you did on 3rd and 3. I was watching with my Nebraska friend and I think I was more upset than he was. Probably because it reminded me a bit of OSU's 3rd and short call vs. MSU in the 2013 B1G title game.

Harbaugh to Michigan is all but announced at this point. John Bacon came out on Twitter and said it's done and that's about as official as it can get before contracts are signed and he gets introduced.

Michigan's basketball game on Tuesday had tickets going for $20-25 earlier this week and all of a sudden they're going for over $120 just to get in as that's when most people expect to get their first look at Harbaugh in Ann Arbor.

While this obviously doesn't have the same story as Woody vs. Bo it could certainly turn into something that iconic.

Harbaugh isnt going to be there past his contract, and I think even that long may be a pipe dream. It won't have time to reach 10 year war levels

Harbaugh isnt going to be there past his contract, and I think even that long may be a pipe dream. It won't have time to reach 10 year war levels

Lots of people said the same things about Urban when OSU hired him and I don't get the sense he's going anywhere anytime soon.

Harbaugh is over 50 now and Michigan is his alma mater. I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that he sticks around for a while.

Lots of people said the same things about Urban when OSU hired him and I don't get the sense he's going anywhere anytime soon.

Harbaugh is over 50 now and Michigan is his alma mater. I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that he sticks around for a while.

I don't think the situations are similar at all. If a big name NFL team comes calling in 3-4 years, I think Harbaugh will be gone. Hell it may not even have to be a big name, just the right situation.

Hell it may not even have to be a big name, just the right situation.

That's the biggest thing. He'll need a deal like Carroll got to go back where he has complete control.

Harbaugh going to Michigan kinda puts things in perspective as far as football coaching jobs are concerned now...

1. NFL head coach with total personnel control

2. Head coach at a blue blood college football school

3. NFL head coach without total personnel control

In other news, Michigan is still going to suck for a couple years. This years class is screwed, they have 10 kids committed and Harbaugh can't start recruiting til middle of January. Leaves him about 2 weeks til NSD to fill a class.

Sad thing is that when he is officially announced, that will bring kids without him even doing anything. I'm glad that scUM will be a viable opponent here soon. I can only imagine the shit talk between harbaugh and urban. ES(EC)PN will love it. desmond dipshit will bust a nut on tv when harbaugh is named.

Sad thing is that when he is officially announced, that will bring kids without him even doing anything. I'm glad that scUM will be a viable opponent here soon. I can only imagine the shit talk between harbaugh and urban. ES(EC)PN will love it. desmond dipshit will bust a nut on tv when harbaugh is named.

Most of the elite recruits are already committed to schools, I think this years class will be a bad one. Next year they may be able to land some recruits based on his name alone, but I still don't see them going much better than they did this year

@Utah

Oregon St

UNLV

BYU

@Maryland

Northwestern

Michigan St

@Minnesota

Rutgers

@Indiana

@Penn St

Ohio State