College Football Thread v8.0

bicranium

Every time I see the vine of the Baylor kicker being crushed (poor kid) I laugh.

EVERY.

SINGLE.

TIME.

I do to. Had to rewind when the game was over to see it again, and again.

Anyone else curious of the huge wait time for the semi finals, then just over a week to the championship game? I found it a bit odd.

It doesn't make the most since but NCAA & money (I mean tradition) wanted the big bowl games to go along with the playoff. The big bowls still want marquee match-ups and to be on or around new year's day...for tradition.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My hangover today was totally worth it.

Some thoughts:

- Cardale looked like a guy starting just his second game early on. Then he settled down/in and looked good. He's a fucking load.

- The drive when Ohio State was down 21-6 and converted two 3rd-and-longs was MASSIVE. I think that was the most pivotal drive of the entire game, really.

- did we ever think we'd see the day when an Ohio State team is trying to run to the perimeter on an SEC team? Seriously, that tells you all you need to know about our speed and athleticism.

- I think Meyer is spot on when he says Elliot is the most underappreciated back in the nation. That dude is really, really good.

- my man crush on Devin Smith continues. But I think I might love all of receivers equally. Corey Smith is a little monster. That pass from Spencer was flawless and only slightly less awesome than Thomas' catch.

- I'm glad we got Alabama's A game. Sure this wasn't 2009 or 2011 Bama, but it wasn't 1999 or whatever Bama either.

- what a spectacular way for Ohio State to get the SEC monkey off their back.

- Alabama should be thankful the game was as close as it was. They lived off our mistakes - the turnovers + failed trips in the red zone early.

- jive, nothing to be upset over. Your team likely would finish between third and fifth in B1G East. :gabe:

- jive, nothing to be upset over. Your team likely would finish between third and fifth in B1G East.

Burn. :lolguy:

Was listening to sports radio down here in Tejas on the way home today, and they were asking Mark Schlabach what he thought the difference in the game was, and he was like "Ohio State's speed." He also mentioned that Bama had NO answer whatsoever for Easy-E. Called Meyer/Hermans coaching job with the quarterbacks this year one of the most remarkable jobs in modern college football history.

I believe osu is now 22-0 when Devin Smith scores a td. Let's get that out of the way early vs Oregon haha. I honestly think Bamas defense is better than Oregon's is right now without their top DB. Scariest part about this team is the youth factor. Replacing Smith and Spencer will be rough, as will Bennett and Doran Grant, but Shit there's talent on this team

I said earlier this year that Oregon looked unstoppable (or something to that effect). Well, I still think they look great. But you know what? Fuck it, I like my team's chances. Let's do this.

BTW, I think Alabama's offensive line is really good. I would guess Oregon's o-line won't be able to do any better against us.

And I bet Oregon wishes they were playing Alabama. Ohio State is hot, on a roll, playing with a sense of purpose and confidence, and has all kinds of talent. I'd be nervous if I was Oregon.

Last week I listened to the herd on 97.1. The host said only SIX of tOSU players can be starter for Alabama. As soon as I hear that I turn the radio to a different station.

What the hell? Beyond their punter, there wasn't anyone on Alabama's team that was clearly superior to Ohio State in the same position. Cooper is all world, but we made him look fairly average last night.

For the sake of the (dumb) argument, I wonder which 6? All these guys would start at Bama right now:

- any of our 3 QBs

- dontre Wilson

- Jalin Marshall

- Elliot

- Devin smith

- Thomas

- Corey smith

- Darren lee

I said earlier this year that Oregon looked unstoppable (or something to that effect). Well, I still think they look great. But you know what? Fuck it, I like my team's chances. Let's do this.

BTW, I think Alabama's offensive line is really good. I would guess Oregon's o-line won't be able to do any better against us.

And I bet Oregon wishes they were playing Alabama. Ohio State is hot, on a roll, playing with a sense of purpose and confidence, and has all kinds of talent. I'd be nervous if I was Oregon.

I like your logic, but I don't like your confidence. What happened to the scary cat you used to be?

Again, I like our spot being the underdog. Anyone here going to the game in Dallas?

I like your logic, but I don't like your confidence. What happened to the scary cat you used to be?

Again, I like our spot being the underdog. Anyone here going to the game in Dallas?

Oh give it time, my friend. By kickoff I will be whimpering and panicked.

:fuuuu:

What the hell? Beyond their punter, there wasn't anyone on Alabama's team that was clearly superior to Ohio State in the same position. Cooper is all world, but we made him look fairly average last night.

For the sake of the (dumb) argument, I wonder which 6? All these guys would start at Bama right now:

- any of our 3 QBs

- dontre Wilson

- Jalin Marshall

- Elliot

- Devin smith

- Thomas

- Corey smith

- Darren lee

Have to add Bosa and Bennett I think?

Fun fact, OSU will have faced the top 3 Heisman finalist in 3 consecutive games. The last 2 guys were shut down to far below their season averages.

That is crazy.

Also if Oregon wins, they will have beaten like 7 top 15 teams, or some crazy shit like that. It would be a really good resume.

Michigan State's only losses? Yup, you got it.

And guess which two teams played for the first NCAA championship in basketball in 1939? Yup.

What's everyone's thoughts about word going around about Braxton last night? Says after the game he was disengaged from everyone, didn't seem happy, and left early. I have said from the third game that there isn't a place on this team for Braxton anymore but if that's how he feels why is he not open about it?

Also cardales mom was telling everyone that if cardale takes them to a championship win that he will leave if he isn't the starter. Makes sense. If that's the case he could start anywhere else.

What's everyone's thoughts about word going around about Braxton last night? Says after the game he was disengaged from everyone, didn't seem happy, and left early. I have said from the third game that there isn't a place on this team for Braxton anymore but if that's how he feels why is he not open about it?

Also cardales mom was telling everyone that if cardale takes them to a championship win that he will leave if he isn't the starter. Makes sense. If that's the case he could start anywhere else.

Hell, he could declare for the draft. good chance that jt is the only one of the 3 qb's here next season.

I don't think Braxton will be the OSU QB next year.

However, if Urban means what he says...he doesn't like complacency and no one has the job for sure. They will have to continue to prove to that they are worth it. I think the difference between JT and Cardale doesn't happen till spring time...if that.

Something else a friend mentioned to me today that I hadn't thought of is that Cardale could easily decide he and Herman have a good thing going and transfer to Houston if he feels he isn't ready for the league, or he fills out his paperwork and the result is that he wouldn't be drafted high/in a good spot. Either Brax or Jones could easily be the starter at dozens of schools instantly.

Who the hell would have guessed we'd be talking about QB's like this at OSU this year. Shit is bonkers.