College Football Thread v8.0

bicranium

Serious question- why would Urban leave? He seems really happy at OSU, he seems to have controlled his stress/health issues.

If he gives us 2 NC's and leaves the next day, I'm still at a 0. Honestly, with all this SEC shit the last 8 years, I'd be happy if he gave us 1.

This.

Hell, if we roll Alabama or a pair of non-Alabama SEC teams doing it, I'd be at -5 on the anger scale, even if he retired THAT YEAR.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pelini going to coach Youngstown State.

Wow, that's a pretty interesting move. I would have thought he'd go somewhere as a defensive coordinator and move back into head coaching in 2-4 years. Hell, maybe this crazy bastard could be our coach in 5 years haha.

Pelini going to coach Youngstown State.

I heard that rumor a while ago and thought, is he really going to take that job. Apparently he is haha. I would've thought, someone would offer him as D coordinator, maybe he doesn't want to be a coordinator though. I think he's a decent coach, little bit of a hothead, Will Muschamp type, but I don't think he deserved to be fired by Nebraska.

I heard that rumor a while ago and thought, is he really going to take that job. Apparently he is haha. I would've thought, someone would offer him as D coordinator, maybe he doesn't want to be a coordinator though. I think he's a decent coach, little bit of a hothead, Will Muschamp type, but I don't think he deserved to be fired by Nebraska.

Not to be replaced by a dude that is, by every measurable, NOT AS GOOD as he was. It will be interesting to see how he does up in Y-town. Hope he does well.

Yeah exactly, mistake by Nebraska. Not sure what they are wanting exactly, I don't see them ever doing better than what they did under Bo honestly.

9-4, bowl victory

10-4, bowl victory

10-4

9-4

10-4 (big 10 championship game loss)

9-4, bowl victory

9-3

64-27 at a school that's hard to recruit to.

Not to be replaced by a dude that is, by every measurable, NOT AS GOOD as he was. It will be interesting to see how he does up in Y-town. Hope he does well.

better record next year, Nebraska or YSU?

The problem with Pelini is not his overall, or even year to year record. Go look at how his teams did against top ten, even top fifteen teams. It's absolutely abysmal. As in 0-BeatTheFuckDown.

Riley has at least spoiled a couple BCS runs.

The problem with Pelini is not his overall, or even year to year record. Go look at how his teams did against top ten, even top fifteen teams. It's absolutely abysmal. As in 0-BeatTheFuckDown.

Riley has at least spoiled a couple BCS runs.

You might be right

2014 losses

#10 Michigan State

#20 Wisconsin

#25 Minnesota

#16 UCLA

#14 Michigan State

#12 Ohio State

#5 Georgia

#7 Wisconsin

#20 Michigan

#9 South Carolina

He did beat #9 Michigan St and #12 Penn State though

#18 TAMU

#10 Oklahoma

Beat #17 Oklahoma St and #7 Missouri

#13 Va Tech

#3 Texas

Beat #24 Missouri and #20 Oklahoma

#4 Missouri

#7 Texas Tech

#4 Oklahoma

So 17 of his losses were against top 25 teams haha

Pelini is from Youngstown and has said before he wants his kids to go to Cardinal Mooney. He is also getting a huge severance from Nebraska. He will get some mentorship from Tressel as well. Sounds like a win-win-win to me

Pelini is from Youngstown and has said before he wants his kids to go to Cardinal Mooney. He is also getting a huge severance from Nebraska. He will get some mentorship from Tressel as well. Sounds like a win-win-win to me

A lot of people think this is a "rental" for YSU but I could absolutely see him sticking around for a while. He didn't have HC experience before Nebraska and he still put up 9-10 wins a year. Now he can come home, relax a little, get some more experience then maybe take a shot at a big job again somewhere down the line. I have a friend in Fargo who is from Nebraska but went to NDSU so he grew to hate Pelini over the last several years because of the losses they'd have so he's pretty excited that NDSU and YSU are in the same conference.

Herman to Houston was just made official within the last 10 minutes. Posted on their site with a little blurb from Urban wishing him the best.

The Harbaugh to Michigan stuff is apparently coming from some behind the scenes contact between Harbaugh and an assistant with the Browns who played at Michigan? Talking about getting the band back together and trying to bring Michigan football back to prominence. Today is supposed to be a big day, again, behind the scenes in this potentially happening. Some Michigan fans are worried this is all just people trolling them but I guess we'll see.

better record next year, Nebraska or YSU?

Oof. I think I'm going to take YSU in that. I would be willing to wager 5 Schnauzies on it. I actually think this was a pretty great move for Bo. He's going to be a hero there, and if he can do some thing with that team...he could be Tressel part 2 for that community.

I think that Nebraska wants to compete for an NC again, which is great, I want them to feel that way. However, if that is how they feel, then I don't think that Riley was a great hire. No disrespect to him.

I am also hopeful that Harbaugh DOES end up at UM. That rivalry becomes white hot immediately if that happens.