College Football Thread v8.0

bicranium

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3* DT Robert Landers (50th ranked DT in the class) from Huber Heights flipped from West Virginia to Ohio State tonight. He is the 24th member of the 2015 class, you have to believe there is only 1 spot left in this class, they have stated they want to add another DT still as well. Apparently the kid blew up in the playoffs this year, enough to warrant an offer. They say he isn't ranked higher, due to not attending a bunch of camps. He makes the 8th kid to flip from another school to OSU in this class.

3* DT Robert Landers (50th ranked DT in the class) from Huber Heights flipped from West Virginia to Ohio State tonight. He is the 24th member of the 2015 class, you have to believe there is only 1 spot left in this class, they have stated they want to add another DT still as well. Apparently the kid blew up in the playoffs this year, enough to warrant an offer. They say he isn't ranked higher, due to not attending a bunch of camps. He makes the 8th kid to flip from another school to OSU in this class.

He is also short. Recruiting services will really ding a player on their height in certain positions. Most notably OL, DL, and LB

He is also short. Recruiting services will really ding a player on their height in certain positions. Most notably OL, DL, and LB

Yeah, 6'3" being short makes me laugh a little. Oh well. Article I read said that OSU was impressed with his play in the playoffs and that is why they decided to make an offer.

Joey Bosa's brother Nick talks winning a state title, Ohio State

2016 defensive line recruit Nick Bosa, the kid brother of Ohio State's Joey Bosa, is a top recruit in his own right -- and now a state champion to boot. He chats with SB Nation Recruiting's Bud Elliott about his recruiting process as well as the Buckeyes.

http://www.landgrantholyland.com/2014/12/14/7391703/joey-bosas-brother-nick-talks-winning-a-state-title-ohio-state

Yeah, 6'3" being short makes me laugh a little. Oh well. Article I read said that OSU was impressed with his play in the playoffs and that is why they decided to make an offer.

He's listed at 6'2, but I think he is even closer to 6'1.

Bennett isn't super tall, listed at 6'2. Michael Hill, Tommy Schutt who are also DT's on the roster are 6'2. The height thing to me only matters with DE's who are batting balls down and using their arms to rush the passer. For a DT, he just has to take up space, get double teams and allow the linebackers to hit gaps freely.

The kid has to be talented in order to get an offer from OSU. The stars don't matter, as you said they ding kids for various reason, there is several 3 star kids that turn out to be studs and 5 stars that turn out to be duds.

Pat Forde - who is a douche, and not just because of what I'm about to post - just picked the Big 10 to go 0-9 in the bowls, and picked Alabama to beat Ohio State 28-13.

He also picked the Pac12 to go 7-1 and Oregon to win the NC over Alabama.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/forde-yard-dash--bowl-edition-051138317-ncaaf.html

Bennett isn't super tall, listed at 6'2. Michael Hill, Tommy Schutt who are also DT's on the roster are 6'2. The height thing to me only matters with DE's who are batting balls down and using their arms to rush the passer. For a DT, he just has to take up space, get double teams and allow the linebackers to hit gaps freely.

The kid has to be talented in order to get an offer from OSU. The stars don't matter, as you said they ding kids for various reason, there is several 3 star kids that turn out to be studs and 5 stars that turn out to be duds.

Landers' film is impressive. He had a beastly game in the playoffs vs. St. Ed's that I was reading about on Twitter from Ohio HS reporter people was one of the best performances they'd seen from a HS DL in years... here's his highlights from that game... http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/wayne-warriors-%28huber-heights,oh%29/football/videos.htm?videoid=1f1f4e58-83fc-4fc7-8f9a-ae875bf168f3

He and Norwood out of GA have 2 of the most impressive tapes of all the 2015 class and they're both 3 star guys. When OSU snatched up Norwood people were worried SEC schools would come calling late and that's starting to happen so OSU just has to hope he appreciates them noticing him earlier.

Dodson rumor true

"OHIO STATE'S KYLE DODSON 'MEDICALLY DISQUALIFIED' FROM PLAYING FOOTBALL AGAIN"

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football/2014/12/46545/ohio-states-kyle-dodson-medically-disqualified-from-playing-football-again

As I said in an earlier post, I will remember him most for his announcement

I don't think his height is a problem, just repeating what recruiting services are dinging him on

I had a dream last night that I couldn't watch the first half of the game and I turned it on halfway through the 2nd quarter. They were showing replays of the game thus far.

Game starts - OSU is recieving - we run it back for a TD right off the bat.

We kick it off to Bama - they struggle to make any plays and on 3rd down Bosa drops back in coverage and ends up snagging a low thrown ball - he runs it back for a TD. The stadium is beyond nuts.

We kick it off to them again and they drive into our territory - they settle for a FG.

I swith to the Oregon game and the score is 6-7 FSU leading with a TD and Oregon is 2 FG's in.

Keep in mind this is like 4min left in the 1st half.

Anyway, just wanted to put this on paper incase Im onto something here :fa:

Wouldnt that make him the highest paid college football coach by a mile?!

By a LONG ways. It would trigger a few clauses in other coaches contracts, actually. IIRC, there are a few coaches who have a "highest paid" coach clause, stating that they have to be paid in the top 5 or something similar.