College Football Thread v8.0

bicranium

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the hell is going on in the Ohio River Basin.

Pitt-loses football coach, fires AD

WVU- loses AD, loses OC to lateral move

Marshall- President has died of a heart attack thos evening

Wow.

Saban also had a house paid for by the athletic boosters, is Michigans boosters going to match that as well? I honestly don't think he takes the job, he is still under contract with SF. Michigan would have to buy him out of that, SF has been reportedly wanting to trade him for draft picks lol. If they get him, then so be it, I don't fear him as a coach, I think it'll be good for the rivalry once again though to have 2 big name coaches going at it.

Is $8mm really THAT far off from Saban's $7,160,187?

Saban's actual salary is $6.5m/yr with $400k in bonuses he receives for simply completing each year then he can earn up to $700k more in bonuses for things like getting to the SEC title game, CFB playoff, etc.

I really doubt the number being reported right now is what Michigan is offering. I believe before Urban was hired the rumors were that he was going to earn in the $6m/yr range and he doesn't even get $5m/yr.

Adam Schefter (ESPN NFL guy for the most part but also a Michigan grad) was talking about it this morning and said it would be pretty crazy for a team like Michigan who wasn't even providing private planes for recruiting visits under Hoke and has one of the smallest support staffs in the country for football (and you wonder why they've fallen so far) to go and make an offer like this.

Anyone else see that Oregon lost it's All-American corner to a knee injury in practice this week? That sucks......atleast it wasn't Mariotta :gabe:

Jeeeeesus man, that was last page's news. Get with the times, to my knowledge at this point, he's all healed up, went pro, and has been released from the Bears.

Some of you may have heard that Bo Pelini, in a meeting with some of his players after being let go, just completely laid out the AD/program at Nebraska. Some of the transcript...

"A guy like him [speaking of the AD], who has no integrity, he doesn't even understand what a core value is," Pelini said, according to the contents of the tape. "He hasn't understood it from the day he got here. I saw it when I first met with the guy. To have core values means you have to be about something, you have to represent something that is important to you. He's a f------ lawyer who makes policies. That's all he's done since he's been here: hire people and make policies to cover his own ass."

"Look who he circles himself with," Pelini said of Eichorst. "Look at his team of people. C'mon, man. I'd rather f------ work at McDonald's than work with some of those guys. Not that there's anything bad about working at McDonald's."

And that, allegedly, is about all of it that they can print. Who knows how bad the rest of it got.

And that, allegedly, is about all of it that they can print. Who knows how bad the rest of it got.

There's a recording of it out there. 30 minutes of raw audio. My Nebraska friend and I were listening to it last night and he eventually couldn't take it anymore. Then he asked for my opinion on what we had listened to (about 5-10 minutes of it) and I thought Bo was actually pretty reasonable. He started off on fire (calling Eichhorst, their AD, a pussy and a cunt) but the rest of it showed that he really did care about the kids and it sounded like he was more worried about his staff's contracts being honored than his own. Gotta remember, this whole thing was supposed to be a private moment between he and a bunch of guys he recruited to play for him and that's no longer possible. Second time that he's been the victim of someone recording him without his knowledge at Nebraska so that kinda sucks too.

I hope he does well working under Tressel in his hometown and maybe somewhere down the line OSU will need him as a DC or something.

So Texas made a big splash in recruiting today by picking up 5* LB Malik Jefferson. Most had him pegged to go to A&M. My A&M friend actually guaranteed me that he wasn't going to pick Texas, said it was A&M or UCLA. I checked Twitter and saw one post from a national recruiting guy who does a pretty good job with the bigger recruits and he said he felt Texas was getting good news this morning. I mention it to my A&M friend and he couldn't shut up about it all night.

But a bigger reason this is a splash... 5* DT Daylon Mack, committed to A&M for over a year, is likely to flip to Texas because of this. This could be the start of a turnaround for the Longhorns. Strong had a lot of work to do this year cleaning things up (kicked several players off the team) and just doing his best to put up an OK product on the field but now that the trash is gone he can really focus on building the program back up.

College football is better when Texas is relevant.

Agreed. Same for ND, UCLA, Tennessee, Oklahoma, Penn St, Nebraska, Michigan, etc. Would be nice to see some of those programs return to prominence.

Miami can go fuck themselves though.

Had it been Texas who was 11-1 this year, I feel they would've gotten in over Ohio State.

Well, yeah, because they would have beaten either Baylor or TCU (or both), and top to bottom the B12 was better than the B10 (and certainly would have been perceived that way if Texas went 11-1 and Baylor and TCU did as well as they did). So, on merit alone, Texas likely would have warranted the fourth spot.

Big Fuck Texas. Co-Fuck Baylor and TCU. Fuck The Volunteers, I'm sure they'll be up for it. Fuck PedoState, legally. Fuck USC ... oh, you said UCLA? BWAHAHAHAHHAHA.

Most Importantly Fuck Michigan. I hope they do get Jim Harbaugh and pay him all the money they can afford, only to get Wisconsin'd year after year.

I am talking on name alone they would've gotten in. Honestly I feel the Big12 got left out because of who they had at the top. Had that been a tie between say 11-1 Texas and Oklahoma, one of them would've gotten in over Ohio State. Maybe there is some merit to what TCU's coach was saying, I just think he came off as a cry baby about it.

I am talking on name alone they would've gotten in. Honestly I feel the Big12 got left out because of who they had at the top. Had that been a tie between say 11-1 Texas and Oklahoma, one of them would've gotten in over Ohio State. Maybe there is some merit to what TCU's coach was saying, I just think he came off as a cry baby about it.

The fuck did TCU's coach say? I didn't pay attention because I was too busy licking up the tears of their fans. I know Briles was publicly upset with the Big 12 commissioner for naming "co-champions" and I agree with that but Patterson had no argument since his team shouldn't even have been given a "co-championship."