College Football Thread v11.0

bicranium

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't change rankings at all. Typical early season buckeyes but electric considering who is out.

I like how jive says Alabama will be ranked #1 when they aren't even in the flux for many playoff projections. For example J Galloway's top 6. I going with bama loosing 2 after seeing them and their schedule.

Was it Zack that said that Urban was going to play Dale and run the shit out of him because that is how you outman the bear or was that an 11W comment?

Probably an 11W comment. Up until a couple days ago everything I was reading said JT was going to start and that's what I thought all along myself just going off last season so I wouldn't have said anything about running Cardale.

He definitely did some damage running tonight though, 99 yards rushing. VT made him keep on the option all night and he did enough to hurt them.

That was a much better performance out of the offense than I was expecting though. So awesome seeing Braxton out there making plays again. The offense wasn't at full strength due to 4 of the top 5 WR's being out but it was still this crazy Frankenstein mixture of the last couple seasons. You had Cardale's arm, Zeke's running, Braxton's everything, JT comes in for spot duty and scores almost instantly... it was awesome to watch.

That VT defense is good and at less than 100% OSU still put up almost 600 yards and 42 points despite 3 turnovers. I don't like how OSU is consistently losing the turnover battle going back to November of last season but they keep winning so whatever.

Probably an 11W comment. Up until a couple days ago everything I was reading said JT was going to start and that's what I thought all along myself just going off last season so I wouldn't have said anything about running Cardale.

He definitely did some damage running tonight though, 99 yards rushing. VT made him keep on the option all night and he did enough to hurt them.

That was a much better performance out of the offense than I was expecting though. So awesome seeing Braxton out there making plays again. The offense wasn't at full strength due to 4 of the top 5 WR's being out but it was still this crazy Frankenstein mixture of the last couple seasons. You had Cardale's arm, Zeke's running, Braxton's everything, JT comes in for spot duty and scores almost instantly... it was awesome to watch.

That VT defense is good and at less than 100% OSU still put up almost 600 yards and 42 points despite 3 turnovers. I don't like how OSU is consistently losing the turnover battle going back to November of last season but they keep winning so whatever.

Michael Thomas made the best CB in the game look like a complete fool with that move on the JT TD pass. This offense can be scary good this year. I wanted to go to bed last night after the Thomas TD, but I didn't want to miss anything else exciting like that

Yes, Jones. Ya know, the baby-faced giant who shows no quarter (even to hospitalized children) won 3 championship games in a row, has a howitzer where his arm should be, flattens 300 pound nose guards when he scrambles, and would likely be JUUUUUUUST fine behind a more limited receiver core having excelled at the 1,2 run type look.

Just laying that there.

I don't even think Cardale is the "better" QB per se, but after his 3 game stretch last year, and what it did for the program, I thought Urban knew he owed him the spot (or a chance to lose the spot), even if JT has better leadership skills, and a higher football IQ. That's just my guess, but one must also consider that JT has more eligibility, and Cardale is likely gone after this year.

Oh, and ...

B Miller. Damn.

Just laying that there.

I don't even think Cardale is the "better" QB per se, but after his 3 game stretch last year, and what it did for the program, I thought Urban knew he owed him the spot (or a chance to lose the spot), even if JT has better leadership skills, and a higher football IQ. That's just my guess, but one must also consider that JT has more eligibility, and Cardale is likely gone after this year.

Oh, and ...

B Miller. Damn.

This...

I would be surprised to see him finish out the season in the starting position. Most of his throws were on point when the oline didnt collapse and gave him an opportunity to throw, but his running game is weak. If only he had speed. It takes a team i guess.

Just laying that there.

Oh, and ...

B Miller. Damn.

Completely disagree. This isn't a program that owes anything to anyone- see Braxton Miller. Cardale and JT competed, straight up, and Cardale won. I'm happy either way. I DID think JT would start, but shit, we are good either way.

Awesome game- disappointed in some of the comments during the game last night! (kidding of course)....no faith. :)

Completely disagree. This isn't a program that owes anything to anyone- see Braxton Miller. Cardale and JT competed, straight up, and Cardale won. I'm happy either way. I DID think JT would start, but shit, we are good either way.

Awesome game- disappointed in some of the comments during the game last night! (kidding of course)....no faith. :)

Fair enough, maybe "owed" is the wrong choice of words, but Urban said this after the game.

“Cardale finished the season as the starter, and then I kind of started thinking that for him to not take the first snap he had to get beat out,” Meyer said. “And he wasn’t beat out. It was very close.”

Elliot is such a team player. I'm with LJ in that I can't wait to just chill and watch these guys operate. Seems like there's a refreshing lack of ego (save for Cardale's tweetering, which come off more jokey to me), but not lack of drive or skill.

It's not all sunshine and rainbows though we had some odd secondary quibbles, like that super obvious bootleg strong pass to weak TD. I couldn't believe we bit so hard on that.

My damn WatchESPN app froze on this for about 3 minutes...

http://i.imgur.com/f9nxqqq.jpg

Trashy boner ENGAGE./s

That game could have gotten really out of hand. Once the offense is at full strength and clicking, they will be really scary. I still think JT should have gotten more time, but I love my dude from Cleveland.

It's not all sunshine and rainbows though we had some odd secondary quibbles, like that super obvious bootleg strong pass to weak TD. I couldn't believe we bit so hard on that.

Wasn't that the same play we beat Purdue with a couple years ago when Guiton came in?

Wasn't that the same play we beat Purdue with a couple years ago when Guiton came in?

I believe we used it for the 2-point conversion to tie it in regulation.

My issue with the throwbacks working against OSU again is that the defense seemed to have that fixed last season. Michigan and Michigan State killed OSU with throwbacks in 2013. Not even kidding, I think Michigan had close to 200 yards on throwback screens.

But last year a few teams tried them since they worked so well in 2013 and I can only remember one that didn't get stopped for less than 5 yards.

I don't know whose fault each of the TD's on throwbacks were last night but it seems Josh Perry was at fault for at least one and maybe both.

Also, polls are out. Obviously OSU kept the #1 spot in both. Even retained all of the first place votes in the AP. Bama and TCU flip flopped in each poll. ND moved up a couple spots in each. A&M is in the top 20 in both now. SEC has 10 teams in the AP top 25 and 9 in the coaches poll which is probably warranted. Tennessee smothered Bowling Green limiting the MAC powerhouse to just 550 yards and 30 points. Mississippi State had a dominating 34-16 victory over traditional power Southern Miss which gets the Golden Eagles off to a rocky start as they were hoping to improve upon an impressive 3-9 season in 2014.