What Z rated tires are you guys running?

Clifford Automotive

Im not necessarily looking for a Z rated tire. I've only used Falken Ziex 502's on my Iroc, and those are "all season". They're

pretty agressive for and all season tire.

I'm looking for something comparable in tread design. I only drive the car in dry weather.

Nitto NT01

BFG Rival

Hankook RS3

Bridgestone RE71R

DUNLOP DIREZZA ZII STAR SPEC

Currently on the car Pirelli PZero DH, another set is Michelin Pilot Sport Cup for the street. In the past, Continental in the softer compound, but basically the softest available at the time. I have run Goodyear but I don't like them because they have a very short shelf life, which compounded by the construction, making it the last on my list.

Nitto invo

Michelin Pilot super sport

These are most street friendly options listed in this thread.. the others are very low tread wear tires that you're aren't going to see much benifit from when street driving.. shoot me a text if you want some pricing on these and other options..

And Joe is running nt05s they're more street friendly than the nt01

I have Nitto 555 on the Camaro and Corvette, and for the strret they are good value in my opinion. They wear well, look good, and don't suck to put power down. This is the compromise I choose for tire, if I was doing more racing I buy something else. If I drove the cars in colder weather I'd buy something else.

The Camaro does have the 555R on the back aiding in traction and complementing the fronts, also a design feature of the Nittos. Of course these are not as poor of a street tire as say a Mickey that will wear much faster, that is what I used when I raced the car a lot more.

From my experience,

If you want a street tire that will do the occasional track day at Midnight Ohio and you want max grip at the expense of some turn in, get the Hankook RS3.

If you want a street tire with tons of grip and excellent turn in that's great for AutoX, go with the Dunlop Direzza ZII.

If you want a grippy street tire that's quiet but can still corner, and you're willing to give up turn in feel, get the Continental ExtremeContact DW or 5P.

Michelin Pilot Super Sports will be going on the V next summer. It'll be interesting where they fit into my list.

There's a reason that Pilot Super Sports are expensive yet always f'ing sold out and on national backorder, it's because they are the best all around street performance tire period. Quiet and not obnoxious on the street, great grip for the treadwear rating, decent life compared to some other super aggressive street tires, and they hold up to track day use without falling apart.

We had Invo's on the turbo, I wasn't a fan of them over super sports but they really weren't as bad as I made them out to be.

NT-01 is a fantastic tire and cheap but it's quite possibly the loudest tire on the face of the planet. You'll constantly wonder if you have a wheel bearing going out.

My only experience with RS3's / RE71's and Rivals are riding in cars with them at the track, where they seem to more than hold their own. Can't speak to any downsides on the street as I've never experienced them there. I'm sure none of them are worth a damn in the wet but that doesn't apply to your use case.

Tom's suggestion of Pirelli DH made me chuckle. Having some decent seat time on them now I can say I don't know how you drive them on the street Tom, they're pretty scary when not up to temp.

I put Sumi HTRZ-III's on the GT3 for street rubber recently, honestly I had no drive to put the best possible street tire on that car because I tend to drive that car pretty easy on the street these days. When it's time to get serious I go r-compound or full race slick.

I had the Sumitomo HTRymerZ3s on the R and was happy with them. Good tire, cheap as hell too.

I switched to Rivals, and they were incredible tires, rain traction was fine until they got down to about 25% tread, then sketchy. These hold up well to camber challeneged, front weight biased cars.

I then had Pilot Super Sports and they were the best all around tire, better in rain than the Rivals, but not as good as the HTRZ3s, and in the dry, better than the HTRZ3s, but not the Rivals (although closer to rivals than HTRZ3). Recommend.

The Mustang came with P Zero summers, and while most hate them, I enjoyed them.

I'll be buying take of P Zeros for 2016 most likely.

MPSS fo lyfe.

http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af40/ted_kennedy/AAAC4D5F-46FF-4053-9347-2ADC2EB54BD1_zpsipgn2m3s.jpg

I raise your 345/30/19 high-treadwear MPSS for a full stack of 345/30/19 soft-compound MPSC.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v733/posvett/Photo0583.jpg

I had the Sumitomo HTRymerZ3s on the R and was happy with them. Good tire, cheap as hell too.

I switched to Rivals, and they were incredible tires, rain traction was fine until they got down to about 25% tread, then sketchy. These hold up well to camber challeneged, front weight biased cars.

I then had Pilot Super Sports and they were the best all around tire, better in rain than the Rivals, but not as good as the HTRZ3s, and in the dry, better than the HTRZ3s, but not the Rivals (although closer to rivals than HTRZ3). Recommend.

The Mustang came with P Zero summers, and while most hate them, I enjoyed them.

I'll be buying take of P Zeros for 2016 most likely.

P Zeros are still on my car until next week. I like them too, just not in the cold. :)

Over the past two years I tried out a ton of different tire combos.

R888

Bridgestone Potenza RFT

NT01

NT555r

MT ET II / 555R combo

MPSS

NT05r

I'm down to a permanent six pack now. I run the 4 MPSS 99% of the time, and swap only the rears to an NT05r at the drag strip.

The MPSS is by far my favorite. The ONLY thing it didn't do well, was take 4000rpm launches without spinning.

They are quiet, ride good, last long, and corner well.