What would CR do, loan your car?

RS69

They already put mine in a museum :p

But I would be totally down with letting them put mine in there.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3516/4080533730_30ae811e9b_b.jpg

Cool, how long was yours on loan?

Cool, how long was yours on loan?

oh, that was a joke... haha. That picture is from the Mazda Museum in Japan. They have just about every car on display they have ever built. No one in their right mind would pay money to see my car on display. it's not that special.

oh, that was a joke... haha. That picture is from the Mazda Museum in Japan. They have just about every car on display they have ever built. No one in their right mind would pay money to see my car on display. it's not that special.

You got me! :)

They are requesting the color Monaco Orange,aka hugger orange.

That color haunts GM like a ghost. they have been using it and renaming it since the 1950's when it was called Venetian Red and used on '56 vettes and passenger cars. Buick Called it Firecracker Orange, Pontiac called it Carousel Red, Oldsmobile called it Red Orange, GMC called it Medium Orange, and I think it was also called Ontario Orange on the vettes in 1970 (Monaco orange is a 1969 color). Same freaking paint code. Last offered in 2000 for Chevrolet, GMC, and Pontiac.

I wonder why the museum wanted that particular color?

There were other oranges but only offered on the 1969 Corvette was Monaco Orange and Hugger Orange for the 1969 Camaro. The other oranges are not the same tint. Edited by RS69

1969 GTO carousel Red is 100% the same tint. It's the same paint, carries the same DuPont paint number. If you called up a paint supplier and ordered one can of 1969 Monaco Orange and one can of 1969 carousel red you would get two identical cans of paint. The only thing that changed is the name.

There are other oranges out there like atomic and orange flame which are different tints. I wasn't saying all orange gm uses was the same tint, just the colors I mentioned above.

Hugger orange was also offered on the 1969 SS396 chevelles as an SS color only (Daytona yellow was the other SS only color that year). It was also available on SS novas and Corvair monzas. I don't know if the full size SS cars had it as an option, but in 1969 if you ordered the car and paid upfront GM would paint it any color you wanted (fleet services special paint order). My father did that with his 1969 z/28 and it came painted a Cadillac only blue.

Edited by Geeto67

That's funny, because my 69 was originally Daytona Yellow. It must have been ordered that way since it wasn't an SS.

1969 GTO carousel Red is 100% the same tint. It's the same paint, carries the same DuPont paint number. If you called up a paint supplier and ordered one can of 1969 Monaco Orange and one can of 1969 carousel red you would get two identical cans of paint. The only thing that changed is the name.

There are other oranges out there like atomic and orange flame which are different tints. I wasn't saying all orange gm uses was the same tint, just the colors I mentioned above.

Hugger orange was also offered on the 1969 SS396 chevelles as an SS color only (Daytona yellow was the other SS only color that year). It was also available on SS novas and Corvair monzas. I don't know if the full size SS cars had it as an option, but in 1969 if you ordered the car and paid upfront GM would paint it any color you wanted (fleet services special paint order). My father did that with his 1969 z/28 and it came painted a Cadillac only blue.

That's funny, because my 69 was originally Daytona Yellow. It must have been ordered that way since it wasn't an SS.

Chevrolet dealers used to run Promo's in the 60's were you could get any car any color you wanted. Basically they would run the promo to order the cars and get the payments or financing secured, and then order a bunch of cars special order through fleet ordering. Those cars would come with blank paint codes on their data plates.

My father bought his 1969 Camaro Z/28 in late 1968 through the promotion run by Village Chevrolet in Queens NY.

Daytona yellow's paint code for the trim tag in 1969 was 76. It was available on the camaros and corvettes in any trim but only on the chevelle in SS trim. If you have a Chevelle with 76 in the paint section it's an SS. Butternut yellow was available on the regular trim chevelles and malibus but is a couple shades lighter. Butternut yellow is paint code 40 on the trim tag.