My new NOT winter beater

russian rocket

Well I am finally home from my trip. After working a 12 hour night shift, I got off at 430 am Friday, woke up my amazing wife and had her take me straight to the airport. I landed in Providence, Rhode Island at 1045am.

After looking over and test driving the car, I knew it was for me, so I bought it and at 3pm I started my long drive home. Ran into some stand still traffic in New York and some slick/ snowy roads in Pennsylvania.

At around midnight I figured it was time for a small power nap, 40 hours with no sleep is an interesting experience. It's not necessarily that you are tired but your body starts feeling weird.

After waking up i finally finished the long drive home and couldn't be any happier. It was all worth it!

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b331/kliped/Mobile%20Uploads/20161231_121611_zpsu65dedbf.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b331/kliped/Mobile%20Uploads/20161231_121618_zpsyhunfbzk.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b331/kliped/Mobile%20Uploads/20161231_122017_zps9hsmo8ir.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b331/kliped/Mobile%20Uploads/20161231_122045_zps29hjafpe.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b331/kliped/Mobile%20Uploads/20161231_122052_zps4pcpugnx.jpg

Congrats! Love it. Almost made a trip to buy one just like it when I was looking. What year is that?

its a 2011

this has been a pretty long process for me, this wasnt going to be a car where i just settled for the next best thing, this had to have everything i wanted lol

so needless to say i have been hunting for just the right deal for quite a while

its a 2011 this has been a pretty long process for me, this wasnt going to be a car where i just settled for the next best thing, this had to have everything i wanted lol so needless to say i have been hunting for just the right deal for quite a while

^^ totally understand. When I was looking and bought out of state I had to explain to people that I wasn't looking for a car I was looking "the car" and being it's my money I have a right to be ultra picky :)

Great find! Look pretty dang clean and love the low miles.

^^ totally understand. When I was looking and bought out of state I had to explain to people that I wasn't looking for a car I was looking "the car" and being it's my money I have a right to be ultra picky :)

Great find! Look pretty dang clean and love the low miles.

haha exactly, my wife was getting really pissed off at me lol

Sister In Law has bigger balls than you do. :lolguy:

meh, i have had my fun with manual cars over the years and dont get me wrong, they are still fun but... for a daily driver, they start becoming a bit of an annoyance, especially in stop and go traffic.

plus i heard the automatic cts-vs were faster than the manual lol

for a daily driver, they start becoming a bit of an annoyance, especially in stop and go traffic.

plus i heard the automatic cts-vs were faster than the manual lol

Nice car, like the color. Congrats.

If I lived somewhere I couldn't stand to drive a manual daily, I'd move. Or find a new job. Or both.

Congrats on your purchase. Definitely a good choice for your winter beater, as the dried road salt spray will hardly show on that color.

And I wouldn't let anyone give you grief over your preference for an automatic. Thinking like yours will definitely help you make a smooth transition to self driving cars in the near future and on to a network of 100% transportation pods on a grid shortly thereafter. :thumbup:

You're just way ahead of most of us.

Congrats on your purchase. Definitely a good choice for your winter beater, as the dried road salt spray will hardly show on that color.

And I wouldn't let anyone give you grief over your preference for an automatic. Thinking like yours will definitely help you make a smooth transition to self driving cars in the near future and on to a network of 100% transportation pods on a grid shortly thereafter. [emoji106]

Love the V,.

And the doc sarcasm, lol

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

And I wouldn't let anyone give you grief over your preference for an automatic. Thinking like yours will definitely help you make a smooth transition to self driving cars in the near future and on to a network of 100% transportation pods on a grid shortly thereafter. :thumbup:

haha funny thing is, first place i went to when i got back into town was a car wash. i got out and the rims looked horrendous from all the road salt, but the rest of the car still looked really good.

and thank you for the compliment, i love being ahead of the curve :D

Loved it many. I'm in a hunt for a cts-v wagon myself.

you missed out on a 2011 thunder grey wagon that was for sale in Columbus a month or so ago. it had only like 34k miles and the guy only wanted 35k for it. he had it sold before i could get my finances together.