Dodge Challenger Demon

Mallard

If anyone here plays Overwatch, there was an ARG for the release of a new character, It went on for months. People had to decode encrypted pictures and text. Look up Rhykker? on youtube he has videos about it.

That's exactly what I was thinking with this shit. Months and months of delays, tiny teasers, for something that isn't spectacular in the end.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fucking Houston. All the crazy shit happens there. I've seen cars online lately with these stupid ass spikey wheels that look like they are off of a medieval war chariot. The owners instantly get made fun of until all the Houston chodes come to their defense. "It's a Houston thing, you guys wouldn't understand" :rolleyes:

I guess when your car culture is that big you're bound to have just about everything there

Fucking Houston. All the crazy shit happens there. I've seen cars online lately with these stupid ass spikey wheels that look like they are off of a medieval war chariot. The owners instantly get made fun of until all the Houston chodes come to their defense. "It's a Houston thing, you guys wouldn't understand" :rolleyes:

I guess when your car culture is that big you're bound to have just about everything there

No, people from Houston make fun of them also.....it's the non-locals that stand up for that garbage.... :lol:

• 1 month later...

#1: Someone's going to get fired

#2: Sounds like he probably over revved it.

#3: There is much debate over whether the silver cars are actually Demons. This is the first time anyone has seen under the hood.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

I've read mixed comments, like one saying it was a prototype, and others saying it's a Hellcat with body shit tacked on.

It's an FCA-owned vehicle with a manufacturer plate. You'll see pics of them all over the web, including earlier in this thread. Some have Hellcat hoods, some have Demon hoods. In the video you posted you cal see the AirGrabber airbox and the demon on the top of the SC. They also comment on the block being painted red.

People at FCA already know who he is. I'm sure he'll be walked out tomorrow.

Hahaha probably some project managers kid

Where can I place an order for one? I'm going to get the full package with the track box and everything.

It was actually an engineer, AFAIK. Non-employees aren't allowed to drive prototypes and the hard plated ones management gets aren't out yet.

You'd have to order from a dealer. Just be careful, they're already taking deposits, some are auctioning the car to the highest bidder, but they don't even know if they're getting one. Allocation hasn't happened yet.

Hahaha probably some project managers kid

Where can I place an order for one? I'm going to get the full package with the track box and everything.

We do not plan on asking over MSRP for any that we get. But have already taken two $5k deposits and have a couple others ready to do the same. One of them agreeing to let us keep the car for a few months to show and such. Unfortunately the allocation doesn't open until next month. Who knows how many we will even get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mallard,

care to comment:

http://blog.caranddriver.com/spied-a-chrysler-300-hellcat-with-demon-drag-radials/

http://blog.caranddriver.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/Chrysler-300-SRT-Hellcat-spy-photo-106-626x382.jpg

I was always sad that they killed the SRT-8 300C, it was a great sleeper, esp the first generation ones.

I loved the 300SRT and it's a shame it's not sold in the US anymore.

The other web forums out there noticed that this car has the demon wheels, tires, and brakes, so it's most likely a powertrain mule. The rest of the body is standard production spec.

Whoever took it to their apartment probably shouldn't have, but there have also been Chargers spotted with the same set up.

Whoever took it to their apartment probably shouldn't have,

So I have always wondered about that...I live (or lived since I am moving) in a complex that has a lot of Honda engineers and have seen a lot of mfg plates in the parking lot on some very fun weird cars. My favorite is when someone brings home the European Market cars like Opels (at one point there were two Opel Amperas, the EU Chevy Volt, parked in the lot for a week) or the pre-production cars like the NSX, Ridgeline, and new civic. I just assumed this was allowed since it is so common but that can't be. So how does it work? when can you and when can't you take home a mfg car?

So I have always wondered about that...I live (or lived since I am moving) in a complex that has a lot of Honda engineers and have seen a lot of mfg plates in the parking lot on some very fun weird cars. My favorite is when someone brings home the European Market cars like Opels (at one point there were two Opel Amperas, the EU Chevy Volt, parked in the lot for a week) or the pre-production cars like the NSX, Ridgeline, and new civic. I just assumed this was allowed since it is so common but that can't be. So how does it work? when can you and when can't you take home a mfg car?

Taking an SRT home overnight requires special approval unless you are on a special list. You should not take home any unreleased prototype, or "sensitive vehicle," unless you can park in a secure location.

Seeing as how all these pics are in the middle of the day at an apartment, I'm assuming this person took the car home at lunch (which is strictly prohibited), because they are not on the "special" list and would have needed management approval otherwise.

Every manufacturer will have different rules.

Taking an SRT home overnight requires special approval unless you are on a special list. You should not take home any unreleased prototype, or "sensitive vehicle," unless you can park in a secure location.

Seeing as how all these pics are in the middle of the day at an apartment, I'm assuming this person took the car home at lunch (which is strictly prohibited), because they are not on the "special" list and would have needed management approval otherwise.

Every manufacturer will have different rules.

There is some speculation that the only thing the car had was hellcat brakes and the demon wheels, which means it may have been testing the wear patterns on the tires. Does that mean it still qualifies as an SRT car with the special list and all that?

http://www.allpar.com/news/2017/05/meet-the-300c-hellcat-widebody-37582

So how does it work? when can you and when can't you take home a mfg car?

That's probably a little bit like asking someone what number a random number generator will output before it outputs the number; there are probably a million different answers to that question.

There are probably some laws around it, I don't know those.

Every company, every part of each company are going to have some different rules. It probably depends on who you are in the company. It definitely depends on how far out from production you are and the level of the car. I would imagine with most companies driving any car outside of a closed 'secure' test course is usually going to require approval of the plan by management.

Edited by Trouble Maker