2017 College Football Thread

o0n8

Completely agree that our offense looked like shit last night. That's why I said they will be scary once they play a few more games and gel. Hurts had zero protection last night. Flushed from the pocket constantly. Our O line needs some serious help. But the flashes of brilliance like the play action deep ball to Ridley was great. Harris running was good. The tools are there that's for sure.

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pass sure.

(rolling back to last year) Barrett took over 90 attempts to have a pass for more then 20 yards.

Of his 304 yards vs the hoosiers 220 were after the catch. (Granted we have documented the long ball drop) He was not affecting the offense in the first half, no ignite.

He missed some Wide open throws; video reviews show at least a half dozen. Chalk it up to first game. (but maybe a worrying trend)

I am concerned you saw exactly what you get from JT. A game manager, not a game changer. Folks calling for him to go are frankly nuts, just realize what he is good at and don't expect much more.

I went back and watched highlights from 2014 and I think I have the answer....

Hand talent.

Michael Thomas, Devin Smith, Dontre Wilson, Heurman, Vannett.... They all had sticky hands. JT could trust the shit out of them that they were going to catch the ball when he put it out there for them. I don't see that trust developing with anyone and he is being careful where he places the ball. He had that trust with Brown last year, but Brown wasnt a downfield threat. I think the silly "6 starters" rotation is hindering that. He needs reps with his core so they can trust each other and develop.

Some really good games this week

Auburn vs Clemson. I'm gonna take Auburn. I know SEC homer but I think they are going to be a legit team this year. I'm not impressed with Clemson.

Georgia vs Notre Dame. Georgia but 10

Oklahoma vs OSU. It pains me to type this but Ohio State by 14.

Standord vs USC. Standford will dominate this game. Upset of the week

Pitt vs pen st. Penn st wins easily.

Louisville vs North Carolina should be a good match up. I think UNC could squeak out a win.

Lastly Boise St knocks off Washington ST.

Some really good games this week

Auburn vs Clemson. I'm gonna take Auburn. I know SEC homer but I think they are going to be a legit team this year. I'm not impressed with Clemson.

Georgia vs Notre Dame. Georgia but 10

Oklahoma vs OSU. It pains me to type this but Ohio State by 14.

Standord vs USC. Standford will dominate this game. Upset of the week

Pitt vs pen st. Penn st wins easily.

Louisville vs North Carolina should be a good match up. I think UNC could squeak out a win.

Lastly Boise St knocks off Washington ST.

I dunno. Clemson looked pretty good last year, don't ya think? Auburn hasn't truly looked great since the year they were robbed. 2003 I believe. I'm still taking Clemson.

Georgia over ND because ND.

OSU over Oklahoma but I expect a repeat performance with a smaller gap at the finale.

I too like Standford over USC.

PSU will crush Pitt.

Louiseville vs. UNC I don't consider a "really good game", but that's solely my opinion. Don't care enough about either team to know much about either so I can't make an intelligent guess.

Boise St and Wash? See above. I'm gonna go with Washington though for no reason whatsoever. I just have a love/hate relationship with the Smurf Turf.

My Top 10 after week 1

1) Alabama - Controlled and beat a top 3 team (closer to top 10ish team but still easily the best win of the week.)

2) Ohio State - I want to put someone else here for now given OSU's first half struggles but beating Indiana by 4 TDs who I believe will be 7 win bowl team at years end is a very quality victory.

3) Penn State - Did what they were supposed to do. This team could be scary.

4) Clemson - Defending champs. Did what they were supposed to do. Gotta give them respect until they lose it.

5) Michigan - Beat a good but depleted Florida team. Their defense is one of the best in the country.

6) Oklahoma - Baker Mayfield showed why he is a Heisman contender. He'll have his chance to prove it against a top team this week.

7) USC - Expected more from them, but maybe Western Michigan didn't fall that far off after losing their coach? Time will tell.

8) Florida State - Great defense, offense looked about as bad as it could but gotta credit the Bama D. I think FSU will drop out of the top 10 soon.

9) Wisconsin - I think this team is going to surprise people. One of the best well-rounded teams in the country. When I think of Wisconsin, I think of a mini Alabama.

10) LSU - Held what will probably be an at least decent BYU team scoreless. Good defense typically wins a lot of games. Not a team I'd wanna play early in the year.

Boys, I'm a little worried about tonight. I see it either being a big Buckeye win, or a ~10 point loss. I think for us to have a big win, Benjamin Victor is going to have to do a Noah Brown impression from the game last year, and 300 yards rushing as a team.

Barrett the 19th looks awful. He's a terrible qb.

I actually agree with you here. He has never impressed me in any way. This isn't all on him though. Prince still folds every time. The WRs aren't Devon Smith. And our pass defense is lacking.

Let's take this opportunity to get JT out and put this Taint kid in.