What vehicle features/options can you not "live" without?

BigOxley

I really like heated/cooled seats, I never realized how nice cooled seats are until I starting using them in cars I test drive. I'm also a big fan of adaptive cruise. Two options my cars don't have that I'd like.

The backup camera is really nice, it makes it a lot easier to get cars in and out of the shop, so it is convenient. I'm just not sure it's a selling point for me.

FM radio is the only "must have" for me.

But to answer your question, I'm much more interested in performance options than comfort options. Most new cars nowadays come standard with plenty of features that are enough to make me happy. I guess it depends on the model. For example, if I'm looking for a new Camaro I would want 1LE, dual mode exhaust, and Recaros.

If I'm ordering a new car and money wasn't a concern, I would definitely get heated leather and backup camera, upgraded stereo, and whatever else they offer.

I know we could all really manage without most features, but what features will you always select if you get a new ride.

Older features:

A/C

Cruise control

These are a must have for me as well. I don’t even think you can get a car without A/C, unless it’s like a 350R.

I do love having Bluetooth and streaming music. If there’s anything else I’d really love to have would be a rear camera. Everything else is eh, like Leather, power seats, radar cruise, etc. I’d rather save my pennies.

"Must" haves:

Cruise control

Heated seats (if the car is going to be a winter daily)

*NOT* a conventional automatic.

Not FWD (Volt is an exception)

Big bonus points:

LED/HID headlights

Ventilated/Cooled seats

Heated steering wheel

Back-up camera

Android Auto

AWD

A.c., cruise, leather, heated seats, auto lights, back up camera, DVD (3 kids this is prob #1), prefer memory seats the wife and I switch cars weekly and this removes some of that annoyance, mpg on dash, 16 cup holders and a billion storage spots

I'd like to try a heated steering wheel and blind spot monitoring,

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Comfortable seats, cruise control, good lighting, A.C. and good heat, and safety for my family. Decent passing power is also a must.

My 2002 Yukon XL is honestly probably me favorite vehicle I've owned because of this. It doesn't excel in any one area however it's good in all these areas.

I can do without it, but I do wonder why HUD is not in more cars.

Heated seats are a must. ventilated seats are getting there - if you have not experienced them you should.

They are awesome but it means $$ plus the windshield costs literally 3x as much as a normal one.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk