Another “help me pick a car” thread

caseyctsv

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty sure they never made the A4 3.0 in the US.

the one I saw was at Luxury Motor Car Company in Cinci. They are adjacent to Dubwerks. Likely sold by now. Was pretty nice. They said it didn't have a tune on it; 66k on the clock. Had rotar replicas on it. Maybe it had a motor swap? Was a 3.0 though. Maybe it was an A6 Avant?. Can't recall and don't know my wagons well. I didn't drive it or look at it hard. They were putting a stock intake back on it so I nosed around.

the one I saw was at Luxury Motor Car Company in Cinci. They are adjacent to Dubwerks. Likely sold by now. Was pretty nice. They said it didn't have a tune on it; 66k on the clock. Had rotar replicas on it. Maybe it had a motor swap? Was a 3.0 though. Maybe it was an A6 Avant?. Can't recall and don't know my wagons well. I didn't drive it or look at it hard. They were putting a stock intake back on it so I nosed around.

Must have been a c6 a6 avant. Current style a6 doesn't have avant and b8,8.5 and 9 a4 didn't have 3.0t, just s4.

Good stuff guys. Have some thinking to do. The plan is to get a C7 GS in about 2 years (daughter will graduate college). I should have a pole barn by then. Given that, I may do a nicer pickup now as a DD and get the Vette as a toy.

The reason I am torn is that I was most content with my 05 CTSV. It was nice enough to drive to C and C but not so nice I didn’t want to drive it. I drove it everywhere in every type of weather. That would say option 1.

I do know that whatever I get as a DD needs to be nice and unique in some way. I won’t be content with a normal stripper pickup (though the Silverado posted above is pretty good looking). I also take coworkers and clients to lunch from time to time so has to be pretty nice. I stopped in and looked at a new Colorado ZR2 and really liked it. Do I need an off-road setup? No but have you seen it? I worry the bed is too small but hate the looks of the long bed. Note I have a utility trailer for bigger items and the smaller pickup will fit in the garage.

The thought of driving a CTSV again or an SS or a S4 makes me smile though.

Gen 2 V is top of the list. I think it will be an SS or CTSV
Get an SS with the magnetic suspension. Add some bolt ons and enjoy it. Has nice amenities the CTS-V's don't. They are not as prevalent either.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8 using Tapatalk

Get an SS with the magnetic suspension. Add some bolt ons and enjoy it. Has nice amenities the CTS-V's don't. They are not as prevalent either.

Absolutely the mag suspension is a requirement - it was added in 2015. The variable exhaust was added in 2016.

Absolutely the mag suspension is a requirement - it was added in 2015. The variable exhaust was added in 2016.
There's the spirit. Sounds like either a 15 or 16 is in your future. I see some Aussie styling mods too.

I daily drive a 2014 FX4 and it’s the first truck I’ve ever DD’d, and probably my favorite thing ever. It’s comfortable as hell and I can haul shit whenever I want. For years I had a sedan DD (S4, Cadillac ATS, etc.) and it got so annoying having 2 vehicles because Id have to stop home and swap if I needed my truck (beater).

My FX4 is luxurious as hell and I can haul shit whenever I need to. Love the eco boost too, plenty fast and sounds great.

The FX4's are awesome, but do have some pricey glitches with higher miles as I'm finding out (I have the bastard 2011 though). I've had other trucks and SUVs as daily drivers and wanted to kill myself after a few months, for the same reasons as an automatic sedan, only worse.. but for some reason I'm stuck on this thing. You can find high-mileage ones on the cheap. The engines last forever, but everything else needs an eye kept on it.