CR Spring 2018 Drag/Auto-X Day is LIVE!

MrMeanGreen

REGISTER HERE

Kil-Kare Raceway - Xenia, Ohio

Sunday, June 3rd, 2018 (Rain date: Sunday, June 24th, 2018)

10am-4pm

Gates open at 9am

Max of 90 vehicles

Price: $50 per vehicle. Non-refundable unless the event is canceled.

Spectators are FREE!

Gates and Entry:

Gates will open at 9AM and racing is from 10AM to 4PM.

If you are not pre-registered you may still pay at the event if there are spots left. The fee is $60 CASH and you must find a CR representative (Anthony "MrMeanGreen", Brian "Wagner", or Tina "wannaraceLS1") to take the money and direct you to tech-in. No one else will be doing day-of registrations, you must see one of them. No cash, no race.

Tech:

All registrants will be required to sign a waiver not holding Kil-Kare Raceway or Columbus Racing, LLC responsible for liability. We're looking for no leaks, nothing falling off, etc. You must wear long pants and a shirt with sleeves, t-shirts are fine. A Snell/DOT approved helmet is also required if you're running 13.99 or quicker. Cars 11.99 and quicker should have a all NHRA mandated safety equipment, including a roll cage for 11.49 or quicker. All vehicles will be marked after tech for record-keeping and verification reasons. You will not be able to race if you're not teched in; if you deliberately try to race without tech you will be ejected from the track and forfeit your registration money. Track staff will be watching. Should you arrive after 10am it's your responsibility to track down the track representative to tech you in.

Motorcycles must have a Snell/DOT helmet with full shield, full-sleeve protective jacket, long pants, and over-the-ankle-shoes. If your motorcycle is quicker than 10.00 or faster than 120mph, you WILL need full protective gear and boots. It's suicide not to. Do not try and get around this, if you're busted, we may eject you from the event and you will forfeit your registration money.

Racing:

Bikes and cars have been asked by Kil-Kare to refrain from running heads-up for safety reasons. I.E; cars versus cars and bikes versus bikes only.

If you break and spill fluids or damage the track, you may be responsible for the clean-up fees and/or repairs. In the case this occurs, please see Anthony aka "MrMeanGreen" ASAP.

FAQs

Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?

No. Columbus Racing keeps an electronic copy of all registrations.

Do I have to buy a ticket for each type of event (Drag racing or Auto-X)?

No, a single ticket entitles you to both types of racing events.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is one of them for that demon? :)

Indeed! Will be close, but I’m hoping to have all the crap done to it. Will probably be the cars first trip to the track with all the mods. Fat chance of an 8 second pass, but I’m sure going to try!

I’m also going to yank about 250-300#s off the Hellcat. Full interior it’s best is 9.67@141 in 800DA. We’ve got it doing consistent 9.70s@143 in 2500DA. Better DA, 300 pounds shaved off. Hoping for low 9s.

Indeed! Will be close, but I’m hoping to have all the crap done to it. Will probably be the cars first trip to the track with all the mods. Fat chance of an 8 second pass, but I’m sure going to try!

I’m also going to yank about 250-300#s off the Hellcat. Full interior it’s best is 9.67@141 in 800DA. We’ve got it doing consistent 9.70s@143 in 2500DA. Better DA, 300 pounds shaved off. Hoping for low 9s.

Nice. Hopefully it's all ready to go by the rental.

Just out of curiosity, what would the per car rate have been for trails for the same type of event?

One other thing here is that the track prep will be 10x better at Kilkare than it has ever been at a rental at trails. If Charlie has anything to do with it he will make sure that it will be ready to go.

Just out of curiosity, what would the per car rate have been for trails for the same type of event?

I can't say for sure due to our events at trails are only drag racing events. And for drag racing only the rate was over double last years price, almost triple. :no: Plus they originally told me no side by side racing etc for our event. After weeks of talking they agreed to allow side by side racing and could only offer us a few hundred off the price originally quoted. While I am sure the die hard drag racers would have no problem dropping $120-$150+ for a private rental... younger people and the people that only make it to the track a couple times per year would be discouraged from trying or from going altogether.

I understand where they are coming from, as far as wanting to make the track nicer. But a lot of groups like ours are forced to look elsewhere as the prices are too high. I recently spoke with another group that does a whole weekend rental at NTR and they have moved their event to Dragway 42 due to the price increases as well.

We have rented out Kilkare before and would have continued to do so if the people who used to run the track would have continued to return phone calls. Now with a CR member running it that's not a problem. He is giving us a fair price for a SUNDAY rental so that most people won't have to take off work. And he is giving us the bonus of being able to run our first autocross! :)

Thanks for the answer. I have no problem with the decision. A track day in the $50 per head range seems like the way to go. I know we would have trouble selling the spots at $150 per car. I would have to think about it at that price based on what I'm already spending to come out. If you put on top of that a personal day for a Friday like we usually do I would be out. Based on our attendance bonus at school, a Friday track day costs me $100 right off the top in the bonus I lose. So an extra $100 for registration would price me out of the event. I'm good with Kilkare. Can't wait for it. Thanks VERY much for putting it together. I know these kinds of events don't come together without a lot of planning and work.

• Casper unpinned this topic