New “fun” daily driver

caseyctsv

Well after selling the Camaro I kicked around a ton of options for a fun car that I could daily drive. I was driving our Suburban back and forth to work and I wanted to kill myself now that it is 17 miles. After considering and driving the BMW 435, Cadillac CTSV, and Chevy SS, I ended up with a 2015 Audi S4. It was really not even close.

I owe an apology to all those I criticized for arguing the DCT was different than an auto. Given how I will use this (aka heavy traffic on 23) I wanted an auto. The DCT made the S4 more fun to drive than the others. A few quick pics:

6f1ae50255b01938ce5cd943369c2d22.jpg

969d0e957b33de93470cc9aa5a55de5b.jpg

Special thanks to Trey (IV Rings) for taking me for my first test drive in an S4 and answering my many questions as he searched for a vehicle for me. Unfortunately, I needed to buy before my wife found something else to spend the money on and I found what I thought was a great deal. Thanks also to Tim Lauro for filling in additional info on the S4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

No LS motor:

giphy.gif

I know, but remember this is the “daily”. An LS powered toy is in the future once I build my pole barn.

This thing is quick, sounds good, and is fun to toss into corners. AWD is a bonus. It has an extended warranty so I will probably wait on modifications but they respond incredibly well to a few mods.

This one has some nice options: sports diff and the wood/aluminum interior trim. 1 owner, 24k miles and a little more than half the original sticker.

I know, but remember this is the “daily”. An LS powered toy is in the future once I build my pole barn.

This thing is quick, sounds good, and is fun to toss into corners. AWD is a bonus. It has an extended warranty so I will probably wait on modifications but they respond incredibly well to a few mods.

This one has some nice options: sports diff and the wood/aluminum interior trim. 1 owner, 24k miles and a little more than half the original sticker.

Great car, just busting balls. :fuckyeah:

There are only two "Auto" transmissions I've driven that don't send me into a blind, foaming-at-the-mouth rage in daily traffic. The direct-drive transmission in my Volt and Audi's DCT which I had in the S5. Every other auto transmission is absolute shit. Even the Evo's DCT drives me fucking nuts with it's inability to decide how and when it wants to move from a dead stop.

Enjoy that car. My S5 was a 2014 and it was a great car with plenty of comfort and presence. I highly recommend getting a set of paddle-extensions. They're great for sporty driving, true, but they also make relaxed driving with manual shifting easier since you don't have to have your hands in the 9 and 3 positions to reach the paddles.

I just want to point out, Casey did this before, has nice LS car, then some import thing, then back to LS car. You sir are predictable.

This is true - but I have always wanted an AWD car so we’ll see how this goes. The other 2 were both fWD turbo 4s...hated the FWD.

I’m jelly. I’ve been looking HARD at B8 S4s the last couple weeks, but I think I’ve accepted the fact that I really “need” a crew cab truck. Congrats.

Once I drove one I knew it was the right call for me. I was not sold on the looks until I saw one with the “black optics” package. It essentially blacks out all of the chrome. I think it should be standard. The only negative is you lose the brushed aluminum mirror caps.

I’m jelly. I’ve been looking HARD at B8 S4s the last couple weeks, but I think I’ve accepted the fact that I really “need” a crew cab truck. Congrats.

Jesus this is my exact life except try looking for the last few months