Barn Find (You Tube)

Second Gen

Been watching more and more of the YouTube vids of late and the last one blew my sox off. This father son (Son is in his 60's) have over 100 cars that range from WWII , Muscle cars and a couple Jags. Unbelievable one person could amass this many cars:

3 Chevy Nomads

57 Chevy Belair's

Mid 60's Impala's (Both 427 cars)

Many Chryslers with Hemi's

3 Jag's

Super Bee

Daytona's (Plural)

Vett's (1st gen to a C3 427)

57 T-birds

Just to name a couple..

Most are in barns/garages with concrete floors, but almost all of them are on flat tires. Just makes me cringe.. Would love to pony up a couple $$ and pull a few out of this guy collection..

Just figured I would share because I was soooo blown away from the episode (Episode 46)..

It's crazy, right? Can you imagine what would happen to the collector car market if all the cars people were "hoarding" away were to enter the market place? we would be talking 10 year old used car prices for big block chevelles and 1969 camaros.

When I used to drive the GTO around, I used to hear from people how "rare it was". They made 86,000 GTOs in 1967 and close to a million cars for the entire production run of the GTO - hardly "rare" numbers. The thing is people aren't using them like "cars", they are squirreled away and if they run only brought out for special occasions. just because people don't see them anymore they think they are rare, meanwhile grandpa has 5 of them on his farm sitting under broken mowers and paint cans. out of sight - out of mind.

It was incredible and saddening at the same time. To be that gentleman and have all those cars means he was buying a couple a year. And to have fixed /restored many of them seems unfathomable. Even just to store them/maintain them in all those barns/garages seems like an inpossible task even if it was financially feasible. Hoarders sure are an odd bunch.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Nothing beats this episode.

I mean, are you shitting me finding that?

Well....none of this stuff is ever really "lost". There are always a network of people who know about it and often want to buy it but don't have the means or access to make it happen. It's just not "known" to the collective hobby at large, because part of grabbing it up for that low price is kinda keeping it as much a secret as you can.

Where you get into the real "lost" stuff is where you have a car that was mis-identified and it turns out to be something special (like that shelby prototype that was sitting on a texas farm) or large collections on farms where people kind of forget about "exactly" what's out in the back 40.

Yeah the vid's here are awesome as was the alloy Ferrari (Way outta my budget).

Plan for retirement is to travel out South / West to find some dry cars to either make available to Central Ohio people or potentially make me a resto from a 1953 Ford truck..

8-10 years and counting down.... Unless the stock market continues to tank :(