I did a thing

vonrottes

Finally got a full-time bid at ups after 8½ years of part-time struggles... So to celebrate I bought my first nice car. A 2008 G8 GT hot white with onxy/red interior! Needs some minor work. But nothing really I wasn't planning on upgrading already.

Now I get to park my Sonoma GT to finish the restorationeedbeea8531952fbd3be7b6d51592662.jpg6efad99dfad6040f01ddf6bb3e37988b.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Awesome purchase. I miss mine often. I still haven't written off a low milage ss one day.

I wouldn't waste time with a stock cam replacement, I'd go with a dod delete and cam package from a reputable vendor right off the bat. Aussie has a nice setup.

How many miles on it?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Thanks guys, been super hyped for this purchase since I got the bid in early November..

It's got 117k on it and the previous owner had it since 2009. Planning on keeping it pretty mild.

Dod with a new Chevrolet performance LS3 cam is about $500 from summit, only looking at doing headers/exhaust, Cai and probably brembos. This is my new DD so I don't want it to be too crazy [emoji23]

If you're tearing into it to delete DOD put a real cam in it. I get not wanting to change springs as often as spark plugs but a stock ls3 cam leaves a lot on the table. I've got a Texas speed custom with great manners and makes almost 420.

Nice car!

I was mainly saying to get that AFM shit deleted asap, esp with >100k miles.
The DoD/afm will be getting removed as soon as the weather is decent enough for me to do it... I'll also be turning it off in the tune immediately since I've been reading that it usually goes out when it's active.

Buddy of mine had a blue GT-X I think it was. Can't find anything on it. Did some top end build, headers and a different torque converter. It would scoot and it looked like every other car. I love a good sleeper.
If it was a G8 it was a GXP or GT. GT-X was a Grand Prix package.

Edited by cstmg8

If it was a G8 it was a GXP or GT. GT-X was a grand prize package.

Grand prize package?

Here's what I found after some Googling.

https://www.g8board.com/threads/g8-vs-2011-5-0.38458/#post-592542

https://www.g8board.com/threads/g8-gtx.42137/#post-643359