CR Shut Down - End of Month

excell

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, Mitch for setting up the CR channel on Discord. I just signed up and started exploring the features. It will take some time for me to get the hang of it, but I think it is the best way forward. Younger users are much more familiar with Discord than Slacker, which many people see as something for use just at work.

Whichever format wins out for us, I hope we can salvage a large number of the existing CR users. I joined the CR Facebook channel last week and haven't been very impressed.

I don't know if it's a good idea having two or what, but I started the discord. There's almost 40 people over on slack. I can stay on top of both, but I think it's like the Highlander, there can be only one.

http://discord.gg/v2RvXA9GCx

I have a slack login, but haven't actually looked at it in at least two years. Discord, though, I'm on something like seven or eight different servers in just one year, mostly FF7 modding, but also some 3D printing, some anime, and one DCIM.

Hmm... the clock is ticking down, and of all things to pop into my head, when 107.9 up in Cleveland switched from top 40 to rock/alternative format (is there really that much difference?) after being bought out, they played REM's "End of the World" on a loop for over a day straight...

Hmm... the clock is ticking down, and of all things to pop into my head, when 107.9 up in Cleveland switched from top 40 to rock/alternative format (is there really that much difference?) after being bought out, they played REM's "End of the World" on a loop for over a day straight...

That’s a stored memory I didn’t know existed! Can vividly remember that like it was yesterday. Had to have been 15 years ago

That’s a stored memory I didn’t know existed! Can vividly remember that like it was yesterday. Had to have been 15 years ago

More than that... I remember it happening while I was in high school (which was 25+ years ago). Went and looked it up on wiki, apparently they did it on both format changes, 5/12/92 (the one I was thinking of) and 3/??/96 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WENZ#107.9_The_End

More than that... I remember it happening while I was in high school (which was 25+ years ago). Went and looked it up on wiki, apparently they did it on both format changes, 5/12/92 (the one I was thinking of) and 3/??/96 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WENZ#107.9_The_End

Damn, I’m getting old!

Been great. A lot of good memories, a lot of good information and interesting conversations allowing to see things from others viewpoints. Going to be a missed part of my morning routine. I signed up for Discord but have not used it much and I got rid of Facebook.

• Casper unpinned this topic