Jun 1 Saturday ride / new concord

NinjaDoc

13 hours ago, B-Mac said:

You all have fun. I'm not going to make it. I will be dragging my Spyder Wife thru the back roads.

Noooooo going to miss meeting you @B-Macthank you for the hotel suggestion we staying in the comfort one.  Very nice indeed and MC friendly . if possible let's ride on Saturday at least. 

Pauly wish we could have met up. Glad you had a good run. 

met with uncle punk and been catching up and time flew. Trying to get some sleep now. Need to sleep at least today lol 

UP what a beautiful bike. Absolute weapon 

tomorrow going to be beautiful 

Little bit of sleep today, not enough. Beautiful day and roads awaiting. When the weather is great like yesterday and today wv Ohio loop to top spot to enjoy on motorcycle 

• Upvote 1

Sorry for flaking out on you guys last night on here. I got on using my phone which I hate doing. Once we made contact at the hotel thanks to Pauly I didn't get bock 9n here until I just got home now.

Rode about three hours today and got all the life that rear tire had to give.

It was great see you again Doc and meeting your friend Dave. He sure isn't shy and for some reason he kept calling me Jesus, how rude.

Nice meeting you again Todd, was comforting to have not angels but god right there with us when we ride these filthy street.  Wish you had more life in the tire to finish today's loop. 

missed you today pauly, what a beautiful day to ride. 

back at hotel after 300plus miles, covered almost all the good stuff in seo 

Starting to get used to the bike after all these miles. 

see you all tomorrow. 

do you guys want to meet at the sheetz opposite to the marathon. Never knew it was opened. Brand new And much better facilities 

3 hours ago, Uncle Punk said:

Road about three hours today and got all the life that rear tire had to give.

My Goldwing tires last about 15k.

• Haha 1

See you boys in the AM. Might be 9:15 when I get there. 6AM departure is early enough. Hoping I can gain 15 minutes on the Old man’s wing. 

59 minutes ago, durk said:

What tires are you running?

Dunlop Elite 4's. Dual compound touring tire. Plenty of grip leaned over, great in the rain too.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Tonik said:

My Goldwing tires last about 15k.

Look at the Goldwing salesman pointing out facts that the Goldwing tires last ten times longer than the stupid single compound track tire that BMW chose to put on the MXR.

1,500 miles on a tire is criminal especially since 1,000 miles of that were under some form of RPM restrictions. At minimum I'm going to find some sort of dual compound tire when replace the set.

Perhaps if I add 300 pounds of Goldwing weight to my bike it would increase the mileage on the tires. Some sort of old man math voodoo that I don't possess yet. 

I was disappointed to miss the chance to meet an RT today......oh and see Pauly too.

If tomorrow's weather is as perfect as today's weather it will be a great day for everyone. Speed safely!

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

IMG_5347.thumb.jpeg.fe06678af42c73d98a8b09fb8605f515.jpeg

3 hours ago, Uncle Punk said:

And another thing. We used communicators for the ride Friday. It was refreshing to hear the reactions to our Ohio roads.

I had no idea there was so much giggling on motorcycle rides!

By the time we hit 536 I was back in my Ohio gear haha :)  but I love that first day back where every hill is a surprise gift . Is it going to be left or right or straight lol and the non stop roller coaster feel and giggles 😄IMG_5329.thumb.jpeg.f1c764c243ccb04232a4135a092c202f.jpegIMG_5331.thumb.jpeg.b64771192c3312e700feecf491aa194e.jpegIMG_5339.thumb.jpeg.bcf7480ca9c24f29fd0e356fe33d0f8f.jpegIMG_5352.thumb.jpeg.006637f4775dfe88673d172a1420663f.jpeg

IMG_5326.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

While my tires are fine, my wife is not fine with the current 48 it is in Cleveland. So we are out, I can't ditch her so we will do something else after it warms up.

Very sorry gang.

1 hour ago, Tonik said:

While my tires are fine, my wife is not fine with the current 48 it is in Cleveland. So we are out, I can't ditch her so we will do something else after it warms up.

Very sorry gang.

That is a man that's been married for a long time and expects it to stay that way.

Even if I had tire left today I wouldn't have been able to ride because we have a wedding to go to at 4:00 that's a 55 minute drive away. 

It's a beautiful morning guys, have fun giggling on your adventures. 

Posted (edited)

Sorry couldn't update here as the forum was not loading for me. Some kind of error , ty again for coming out in the cold @Gpaw @durk @B-Mac so nice to meet familiar faces again. 

we got back Saturday night itself. It was a fun day getting to meet yall and riding with you again. Hopefully get to do it again in fall. 

missed meeting you @Tonikand @Pauly

till next time 

IMG_5392.jpeg

IMG_5397.jpeg

IMG_5413.png

Edited by NinjaDoc
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

WoW! Like old times. Thank you Doc for the ride. Had a great time. Only thing missing was Jshaft on his Ninja and me on my Z1K. I tried to represent the aging V-Strom community by chasing you tourist from the south. I even had a stuffed toy on my top case for the GW-ers. 

Ohio Riders Start.JPG

Ohio Riders 1..JPG

• Like 1
  • Beer 2

Awesome, ty for the video B, that stretch of 537 was crap lol, you must have been laughing your rear off to  see us pavement riders always slowing down and going carefully through that little bit dirt and grime lol You ride that strom like a boss. As always excellent ambassador for the Vstrom brand. 

I wish I still record videos of rides, there were beautiful roads and views. 

By any chance you have the segment on 800, that segment  was the great finale for the ride once we opened up a bit more. 😄

Great to see everyone. Next time I’ll be sure to have something I can try to keep up with you young whipper snappers with. I did not feel comfortable pushing the oldwing. 

• Upvote 2