Q102FM motorcycle rant. Did you cincy folks here it?

NinjaNick

Jeff and Jenn morning show on Q102 at 9:58am this morning had a little rant that went like this.

"These crotch rockets need to slow down out there. Those bikers are CRAZY. You don't see it with the harleys or other cruisers with their woman on the back, it's only these crotch rocket guys. You know the ones. They're all in their early 20's who ride those bikes and they have a death wish." ...blah, blah...He said more than that but I can't remember. It was a pure BASH on rider that's not on a cruiser. What a DICK!

I got PISSED! So I looked up their email and sent them a letter about it. Here's their email: jeffandjenn@wkrq.com

Here's what I sent them in an email. There was so much I wanted to say that I doubt I even covered it all. Too much time. It had to be done though. If you email them, don't prove them right and act like a punk. I would like to go off on them with a thuggish rant too..haha...but you won't get taken seriously like that or get respect from those idiots.

I frequent your station many mornings to listen to your morning show. Heck, I'm not even from Cincy either! I live up here in Dayton and am an avid motorcyclist. My motorcycles of choice are sport bikes, or what you non-riders call, crotch rockets. That is the most ignorant term in the sport bike industry. That's like calling a Corvette an ASS-ROCKET! Doesn't that term sound ridiculous? The reasoning behind it being called a sport bike is because of its superb handling and speed. There is an industry behind these bikes that is HUGE! They are very competitive machines at many racing venues. There's racing circuits such as, MotoGP, WSBK, AMA, etc., to name a few. Google is your friend if you want to be educated on what these machines are about. Not only are they used in competitive racing, but they make a very fun ride, just like a corvette would, to many people who enjoy the best quality you can buy for your money.

I am about to be 32 years old and plan to ride my so called "Crotch rocket" until I'm a senior citizen. You're comment about the riders being early 20's made me laugh, because that is wrong. One of my best buddies is 47 years old with a wife and 1 son in the Marines and a daughter who is a senior in HS. I have even ridden with a 60+ year old sport bike rider before. So, next time you want to be judgmental and think you know what's under that helmet...don't. That person whether you think they're speeding or not is still a human being with a family. I myself am a home owner with a wife of 4 years and a baby on the way. I have been working at the same company since 1999 and make my contribution to society unlike many in this nation.

Also, I want to rebuttal against your comment about them needing to slow down. They are not the ones to be worried about on the road. I don't know about you, but what gives a 3,000+ pound vehicle more rights than a 2 wheel machine to speed? It's against the law no matter how you look at it. Those heavy cars, trucks, etc, that are on the road everyday cause way more damage than any motorcycle in an accident. What's funny is that if you're on I-75 most of the flow of these heavy machines with 4-wheels is near 80mph at a cruising pace. How is that safe at all? I also would put money on the fact that you do that regularly yourself. So, please don't be a hypocrite and act holier-than-thou when it comes to excessive speed on the roads. A motorcyclist cruising at the same speed of automobiles is actually more dangerous for the riders. Motorists in their vehicles are distracted by so many of the variables that are dangerous to motorbikes; cell phones, eating, radio, mirror, etc. It's ridiculous! This is one of the reasons why I hate riding my bike on interstates. You normally will always find me out on back roads in the countryside to stay away from ignorant drivers.

A specific type of motorcycle does not tell a person if the rider is dangerous or not. Some of the most dangerous riders I’ve seen have been on both, Harley or sport bike. The Harley riders are more known for bar hopping and riding while drunk which is far more dangerous than anything else I know of. You mentioned that you never see the cruisers or Harley riders speeding like a sport bike. Are you kidding me!? Not to long ago a buddy and I were heading up north to Troy on I-75 and while going through downtown Dayton there was a Harley rider with no helmet, just shorts and t-shirt, weaving in and out of traffic at a 100+mph! We both instantly shook our heads at each other and were just waiting for a car to smack into him because he was passing between cars splitting the lanes at those speeds! Insane if you ask me. There are bad seeds in everything. Don’t be a bigot and judge a group of people by the actions of a few.

So, this is my rant to you and your judgmental behavior. Remember, not everything is what it seems and we are all guilty of doing wrong now and then.

Thank you for your time,

Nick

Edited by NinjaNick

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, a good write-up aside form some grammar errors here and there. I don't care what idiots on the radio say, they have no power.

if they think their constant pissing and moaning is going to change anything, they are sadly mistaken. Talk radio is second rate programming that wouldn't survive on television. It's entertaining to listen to if you're stuck in the car, but not worth much more than that.

well, a good write-up aside form some grammar errors here and there. I don't care what idiots on the radio say, they have no power.

if they think their constant pissing and moaning is going to change anything, they are sadly mistaken. Talk radio is second rate programming that wouldn't survive on television. It's entertaining to listen to if you're stuck in the car, but not worth much more than that.

:lol: I used Word and made all the corrections it said to.

Fight the power!

Keep fighting the good fight anyway.

fight_the_power.gif

I'll have to check to out their station in the morning to see if they bring it up again.

I think it's a long show. :lol: I was in an Arbys in front of WSU at the time when I got in my car as it was ending and heard his rant.

I drive a cruiser but I whole heartedly agree with you. Awesome write-up!

Thanks :cool: I would like a cruiser to have for around the city limits here. I like many of them. I just had to let him know that he shouldn't be so quick to judge.

fight_the_power.gif

I think it's a long show. :lol: I was in an Arbys in front of WSU at the time when I got in my car as it was ending and heard his rant.

I'll listen on the way in and then catch the web feed. They start talking shit again I'll give them a little call.

This radio show is simply latching on to a stereotype. Which based on the first amendment, they are free to do. What might be a better rebuttal is to find some information about the people on the show, and bring up a stereotype about them to throw back in their face.

Oh but they do Mags, they perpetuate ignorance. Think about how many people are listening to that bullshit in the morning. Just passively listening until something they can relate to chimes in their ears. Then they start to shake their heads in agreement and go to the office and just for a conversation they say "you know what I heard on the radio this morning..." and "they are so right I hate..." and it goes on and on.

To bad people can't see thru talk radio in the morning. See how talentless it is btwn the laugh track, the poor writing for thier guest comics to throw out punch lines, and their daily skits.

ignorance requires no assistance, it perpetuates itself. certainly there will be a "local" spike of ignorance on this issue, depending on how it's handled, but overall it's insignificant. (imo)

:plus1:

oh but they do mags, they perpetuate ignorance. think about how many people are listening to that bullshit in the morning. just passively listening until something they can relate to chimes in their ears. Then they start to shake their heads in agreement and go to the office and just for a conversation they say "you know what i heard on the radio this morning..." and "they are so right i hate..." and it goes on and on.

qft!

Yes, many people listen and believe very deeply things that are preached to them. They're followers and can't develop their own opinions. The talk shows get them pumped up big time. They have their way of working.