Socially Awkward Engineers on Motorcycles

EvilTwin

why is this thread in EF again??

I'm blaming it on you, who accidentally pwn'd the CEs, while getting the EEs, causing a defensive measure by the CEs in return... (who all really hate math, and just look things up in books...)

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(who all really hate math, and just look things up in books...)

We were the ones that were Lego Maniacs as kids and never quite grew out of it, so now we build buildings; and yes we all hate math b/c we'd rather just build stuff.

We were the ones that were Lego Maniacs as kids and never quite grew out of it, so now we build buildings; and yes we all hate math b/c we'd rather just build stuff.

Me too...

ok, i'll take credit for all that... but this was in the EF section waaaay before I put all the other types of engineers in their place... :grin:

Actually, I didn't know it got out of EF, I wonder if it was me saying "dyke".

Maybe I should have said "butch", not much better though.

(sorry, dyke is a noun in the Merriam-Webster dictionary, I'm going to use it.)

edit: dyke, a variant of dike:

1: an artificial watercourse :

2: a: a bank usually of earth constructed to control or confine water

b: a barrier preventing passage especially of something undesirable :lol:

I have a little Lego bulldozer on my desk that I like to rebuild into new stuff during really boring conference calls. Good stuff.

that actually sounds fantastic... I think instead of rebuilding the bulldozer, I would wad up all 'not important' paperwork on my desk and scoop them into my pencil container...

Apparently

what do the I and the P stand for?

K'nex were cool but they were always breaking and never staying attached how I wanted them.

well I could have told you that was going to happen...

:D I <3 K'NEX

I love legos, I'm gonna have to go rescue mine from my parents' house.

There is a virtual 3D lego application you can download for free. Kinda fun to play with when bored.

Also, there is a huge lego contest in town at least once a year. Sort of like a science fair. Build wild mechs. I'll try to remember to let you know when it is on.

K'nex were cool but they were always breaking and never staying attached how I wanted them.

Funny story about Lego's and a contributing factor to why they cost what they do for little pieces of injection molded plastic. Lego engineers their molds to be ridiculously precise, down to .002mm. This is to make sure that any Lego can fit to any other Lego, and can continue to do so under repeated building. The molds are completely destroyed after a certain time, so all those old school space sets you have out there you better hold on to :)

That's why the cheaper knockoffs always fell out or didn't work as well, the molds weren't enginerded as well as Lego's.