New Bike!

chevysoldier

Well I have moved up to the 600 class. Got rid of my Ninja 250 and got a 1996 Yamaha FZR 600. It's amazing how much quicker it is. lol. The front is not the most appealing but I am reall y liking it. It need the carbs cleaned and some other stuff but it is ridable. It will get worked on this winter. Let me know what you guys think and if you know much about these bikes.

smsger.jpg

2qxcqc5.jpg

Nice bike, how much did you end up paying for it? Why do you say the carbs need cleaned? Hesitating, sputtering, rough idle?

It does have a rough idle. The guy I bought it from put like 50 miles on it in a year. Other than that it sat. Prob need synced too. I also have a new chain and sprockets for it seeing as they are very dry.

Has for how much? I traded my 07 ninja 250 with 8000 miles, and 5 truck tires for the 96 FXR with 11,000 miles, and 500 dollars cash. the 500 covered the new fork seals(leaking), sprockets and chain(worn out) , brake light modulator, mirrors(didn't have any) oil change, ignition switch(worn out), air filter(dirty) and brake pads(wet from the fork seals leaking), petcock(knob broken off) and a caliper seal kit(thought was leaking, was only the fork seals, havent intalled yet)

I think I got a good deal.

Last time I saw that Genesis decal was on my '86 FZ-750. Genesis meant 5 valves per cylinder - does it still, in '95?

Nice one by the way!;)

I believe it is still the same for my '96-"The Yamaha FZR600 came with the genesis engine which featured 3 intake valves and 2 exhaust"-Wikipedia