Looking for liter bike recomendations

Wheezle

I am aware of that I have ridden some crotch rockets and I have decided on the 1000. I will buy one here in the next week or so.

Oh I hear ya, get what you want. I just wouldn't consider going from a 750 cruiser to a 600 sportbike trading down to a "smaller" bike.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh I hear ya, get what you want. I just wouldn't consider going from a 750 cruiser to a 600 sportbike trading down to a "smaller" bike.
You really don't think a 750 cruiser compares to a 750 sportbike do you? Moving to a 600 is probably still moving up not down.

My VROD is an 1130cc and in my current search for a sport bike I'm looking at 600 - 750. Either of those sport bike sizes is leaps and bounds quicker than any cruiser w/an engine twice their size.

That being said, if you WANT a litre bike then you need to get a litre bike or you won't ever be happy no matter how fast your bike is. You really do need to get out there and throw a leg over'em to find that right fit! For those telling you to sit back and relax for awhile before getting back in the saddle, FUCK'em!!! YOU know when you're ready to bike shop, YOU know when you're ready to ride.

Saying only getting 80% is OUT OF THE suspension/leaning capabilities. Getting 100% out of a motor is EASY. Twist it back and wring it out. There isn't 1 single motor that I haven't gotten 100% out of. Now riding using the SUSPENSION 80% is what most of you guys are referring to and is irrelevant to the subject that is at hand. This is about power, not tearing it up with handling he is worried about. So, as I agree with lizard, his response doesn't apply to what this thread is about, because getting 100% out of a motor is simple. Get what you like and realize it will rip your arms off if you're too rough with a 1000+. I love that feeling honestly. I'm geared -1/+2 and wide open you will get tunnel vision and it makes me smile. Then again, I use my 1400 reeeeeeally close to 100%...haha, then again it's not a liter bike, but I push it hard, not just on straights.

Edited by NinjaNick

Saying only getting 80% is OUT OF THE suspension/leaning capabilities. Getting 100% out of a motor is EASY. Twist it back and wring it out. There isn't 1 single motor that I haven't gotten 100% out of. Now riding using the SUSPENSION 80% is what most of you guys are referring to and is irrelevant to the subject that is at hand. This is about power

no, this is about Wheezle getting what he WANTS, not what others think he should have.

Saying only getting 80% is OUT OF THE suspension/leaning capabilities. Getting 100% out of a motor is EASY. Twist it back and wring it out. There isn't 1 single motor that I haven't gotten 100% out of. Now riding using the SUSPENSION 80% is what most of you guys are referring to and is irrelevant to the subject that is at hand. This is about power, not tearing it up with handling he is worried about. So, as I agree with lizard, his response doesn't apply to what this thread is about, because getting 100% out of a motor is simple. Get what you like and realize it will rip your arms off if you're too rough with a 1000+. I love that feeling honestly. I'm geared -1/+2 and wide open you will get tunnel vision and it makes me smile. Then again, I use my 1400 reeeeeeally close to 100%...haha, then again it's not a liter bike, but I push it hard, not just on straights.

You can get 100% from the motor at times. I agree. However, being able to apply it in conjunction with suspension, Brakes, components, etc. is not going to happen. There are VERY few people who can ride a 1000 or similar with 80% of the BIKE's ability. If you think you can, maybe in a straight line, but that's not what the bike is about... Street riding at 80% of about ANY sportbike is borderline stupid and honestly, not typical. The rider interferes so much that they may think they use 100%, but they aren't. If you are using 100%, that means nobody can beat you at all. Only can get equal at best. I doubt that...

I like you, Nick and I think I know what you are trying to say. I'm just making sure everyone understands I am not just talking suspension...

AND... If you use almost 100% on the street, that's not much left in reserve when needed.

picture.php?albumid=417&pictureid=6174

picture.php?albumid=417&pictureid=6173

Look at these. I'm sure there will be opinions to follow but they are worth looking at. They seem to fit most of your criteria. If discussion is what you want I don't have any personal experience with them but they can be had inexpensively with lots of goodies. Hopefully some here will have some real world constructive input about these. It all boils down to your wants and desires since motorcycles are not necessities, get what you think will move you. I ride a 2003 600 not because it's what I was looking for but the right deal came at the right time. If a similar deal came up I would move on to something else. I like to experience different bikes. You may get what you think you want only to find out you think there is something better for you after you live with it for a while. Good luck!

You can get 100% from the motor at times. I agree. However, being able to apply it in conjunction with suspension, Brakes, components, etc. is not going to happen. There are VERY few people who can ride a 1000 or similar with 80% of the BIKE's ability. If you think you can, maybe in a straight line, but that's not what the bike is about... Street riding at 80% of about ANY sportbike is borderline stupid and honestly, not typical. The rider interferes so much that they may think they use 100%, but they aren't. If you are using 100%, that means nobody can beat you at all. Only can get equal at best. I doubt that...

I like you, Nick and I think I know what you are trying to say. I'm just making sure everyone understands I am not just talking suspension...

AND... If you use almost 100% on the street, that's not much left in reserve when needed.

Yeah you and I are on the same page kind of. I just want to say that I meant I sometimes ride my 14 near 100% because it's not a 600 or liter bike, which then I would say 60-75% on a bike like those. When I took my 600 on the track in 2006, I realized that on the street I can't come close to the 70-75% range as I could on the track. 80% or more on the street is insane, yes. I consider 100% on a ZX14 being 70% on a 600-1000cc on the street. :)

Hope that makes more sense. :popcorn:

Edited by NinjaNick

Not wanting to post anything controversial I take that back, I am sorry for my transgression.

Without the creepy little action figure I am powerless. It's my go fast button, take it away and I might as well be riding a cruiser. I think everyone should strap one on the back of their bike to see how much faster it makes them go. Just remember you learned that little go fast tip here first kids.