Post your targets

Likwid

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

check your trigger finger, if you're wrapping your first digit around the trigger and pulling it versus depressing it with the tip of your finger you'll usually pull to the left. But otherwise not bad homie, just some helpful advice because I use to pull to the left all the time and that was my issue.

check your trigger finger, if you're wrapping your first digit around the trigger and pulling it versus depressing it with the tip of your finger you'll usually pull to the left. But otherwise not bad homie, just some helpful advice because I use to pull to the left all the time and that was my issue.

Definitely appreciate the advice. Not really noticeable at 30 ft and under, around 100-150 feet I'm solidly to the left.

theres some formula that for every 1/8th of an inch of movement (left or right) on the pistol it accounts for like an inch or two on the target from so many feet out. You might not notice it from 30ft, but obviously as you go to 100 ft or more it becomes noticeable. So it could be the tiniest movement but it can add up over distance. Some people argue its not trigger control but anticipation of the recoil that causes you to pull down on the gun and you can "milk the grip" and throw the shots off just a bit. Anyhow! Good luck, mastering trigger control takes most people just long enough for arthritis to set in haha

We should try to get a shoot and ride event together. Of course that would be a select few interested. But, I would be one of that select few!!! Let me know if anyone is interested in trying to do that!

We should try to get a shoot and ride event together. Of course that would be a select few interested. But, I would be one of that select few!!! Let me know if anyone is interested in trying to do that!

i would be in for that

Springfield 1911 A1

Cheap range ammo

Taken at Ohio valley outdoors Lancaster.

7-8 meters

0125091413a.jpg

Look...lower

approx 4-5 meters

0125091413.jpg

Just tried it for fun. Ok, you can stop cringing in pain.

Ouchies, nice shots though. Man, those 1911s are crazy reliable and accurate

An 1/8" off on a handgun with a 4" sight radius, would be 11.25 inches off the target's normal aimpoint at 30 feet. Lol, it's called Trigonometry. Oh crap, now I done started it...

It's math, don't hate me... ok, I'll go back to the Socially Awkward Engineers on Motorcycles [©EvilTwin] now...

If I find some of my old targets, I'll scan/post them up...

20090214_0734.jpg

First time out with the PT1911...I tend to pull a little to the left also.

Still a very nice grouping! A few things I read say at 25 ft and under you shouldn't line up like "pumpkin on a post" but rather have your front sight centered on what you'd like to hit. Could explain the lower rounds?