What do you do with your helmet?

viking_rider

I am new to biking and will always wear my helmet so that I don't die. :) I want to start riding my bike more to get me to places I actually need to go to rather than just joy riding but I was wondering, what do you do with your helmet when you get to your destination? Do you take it with you? Do you leave it at your bike? Do you lock it up?

I didn't spend a ton of money on my helmet but it is a nicer one I got a good deal on and wouldn't want to lose it. Just wondering what all of you do.

Thanks!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends, If Im out on a Ride with a group and we are just stoping for a break I typically wont lock it up. If I know I wont be able to see the bike Ill lock up the full face or throw the half in the saddle bag. I would hope that if I did leave it set out that some SLIME woulndt steel it. But I have lost 1 good helmet that way. So I tend to be a little more cautions now

If someone really wants my 8 year old $80 KBC helmet... they can have it. I'll lock it on the bike sometimes, but normally I'll carry it w/ me because:

1) I wouldn't want people knocking my bike over to steal it

2) It's nice to get your helmet out of the sun and in the cool, or out of the night air when it fills with dew

3) Chicks (at least the ones I'd be interested in) dig it.

Maybe I'll think differently if I have to wear my more expensive Shark on the street.

i usually lock it unless i have a bad feeling........

:plus1: Me too!

Unless its raining, then I take it with me.

I still remember the time when it rained and I didn't know it. Walked up to the bike, unlocked the helmet and poured a quart of cold water on my head. :eek:

Of course the parking lot after work was full of hot babes. Man did I look cool! :cool:

:plus1: Me too!

Unless its raining, then I take it with me.

I still remember the time when it rained and I didn't know it. Walked up to the bike, unlocked the helmet and poured a quart of cold water on my head. :eek:

Of course the parking lot after work was full of hot babes. Man did I look cool! :cool:

LOL!

I can only imagine!

I do take my helmet with me if it's raining.

Walked around the library one day with a helmet under my arm. It was pouring outside and we were trying to wait it out.

I sure got a lot of odd looks from that crowd.

take it with me. all a lock is good for is keeping honest people honest. if someone really wants it, they will just cut the strap.

besides, chicks dig it.

Hmmm. I think I will carry it everywhere I go now. It can also be used as a weapon in case of a knife fight.

It depends where I go..... if its at wal mart or someplace like that, I lock it up. If I go to the bank, I dont lock it, I park in front of the ATM so at least they have video of it if someone steals it.... lol I dont lock it at a gas station either..... Its a chance......

I do have my own system when I lock it, makes it real convenient...