User Rep... another thread...

Casper

Do you think it should show who the rep came from?  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think it should show who the rep came from?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i sign mine too, or make it obvious its me.. but truthfully i dont really care way.. sometimes i do get curious though. there will be alot less negative rep though if people have to back up the shit they talk

Edited by cbrjess0815

I sign mine both ways...It would be nice to see who it comes from, I have forgotten to sign before.

I have noticed more often though that if I neg someone I get negged back usually, "returning the favor" is a comment i've gotten before...

You'll succeed in getting alot less negative reppers. I've personally only doled neg rep out a few times and I usually sign it or make it obvious that it was from me...

I don't think any of the neg rep given to me has been signed but I know who it was or have a very good guess. I'm cool with that.

I answer your question with a question....

How much time are you willing to devote to cleaning up the rep 'pissing matches' of people who just negative rep people in retaliation for being negative repped?

I like things how they are. It gives people privacy, and the ability to give honest feedback without fear of retribution. Assuming they have a legitimate beef... which is a big assumption.

I suppose in my case I've lost anonymity anyway since it's not hard to figure out with the gain/loss if I've repped you. I wouldn't want people to NOT +rep me because they think I've got too much rep, or NOT -rep me because they think I'll -rep them back.

We could just do away with the rep system? :eek:StirPot.gif

Edited by JRMMiii

if it automatically signs who left the rep, I'll no longer be able to leave creative signatures, like:

Sincerely, Karma

Yours Truly, The Race Card

Respectfully, ethug who leaves anonymous neg rep

etc etc...

I DO like that feature... short individual comments that can be left privately about a certain post for the person who posted it. Those get really creative and funny, but don't need to clog up a thread. That's a positive.

Kawikid would have half his post count if he just repped :lol: for everything he thought was funny rather than posting just that in a thread.

:lol: Loooooooooove Youuuuuuuuuu Kawi.

just do away with negative reps. can't we all just get along?

Now that's an idea I hadn't thought of... Only positive rep?

Problem with that would be a complete jackass with a few friends on here giving him/her positive rep all the time. There'd be no balance if no one gave them negative rep.

Now that's an idea I hadn't thought of... Only positive rep.

Do I need to remind everyone of a certain "busahauty". If we hadn't had the ability to leave neg rep and give her 5 commie stars of david, I'm not sure anyone would have realized what was really going on in that thread.

Now that's an idea I hadn't thought of... Only positive rep?

Problem with that would be a complete jackass with a few friends on here giving him/her positive rep all the time. There'd be no balance if no one gave them negative rep.

Looks like you need to void this poll and start another with 3 options.

I say changed it to Positive Rep Points only and log the givers name. That will promote friendship :)