Parks and Waterfall ride.

Lost1888

Ride will be happening on October 10th.

Meeting at Nelson Ledges on Nelson Ledge rd. off Rt.422

Meeting time will be at 9:00am leaving promptly at 10:00am

If you want pics at this location please show up early so we can leave at 10:00.

Who should be attending.

Kosmo

Likwid

Timothus

Johnny

Lost1888 (verified)

Jbctown

Neohiofan (per tires)

Scottb

jgrOhio (rideohio member)

Danimal (rideohio member, perspective)

Passinthru (rideohio member, perspective)

Likwid's friend.

From the Covered bridge thread there is interest in exploring some waterfalls in the N.E.

What's everyone's thoughts on trying to do it this year or next year?

Places they would like to see and stop at-

Brandywine Falls

Bridalveil Falls

Chagrin Falls

Squires Castle

Sulfur Springs

Possibly???

Tinkers Creek

Nelson Ledges

Holden Arboretum (Private park with a public road. It's a nice place to ride through.)

Paine Falls

I have some good routes to all of these places. Some of the roads are very much residential but scenic. Depending on the size of the group we can stick to state routes or back roads. It's up to the group as a whole!!!

Discuss......

Edited by Lost1888

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Next year will most likely be best for me also due to I'm getting surgery on my shoulder Oct.20. But if anyone want to go before my surgery I might be able to make it. Like always if the wife's not working or a Sunday ride since she rarely works on Sunday. I'm sure I will see some of the sights this year no matter what because it's my home turf. I might even be out this evening covering about half the route just because it's where I ride. :rolleyes:

At least we could get some ideas flowing on what, where, when and how.

Next year will most likely be best for me also due to I'm getting surgery on my shoulder Oct.20. But if anyone want to go before my surgery I might be able to make it. Like always if the wife's not working or a Sunday ride since she rarely works on Sunday. I'm sure I will see some of the sights this year no matter what because it's my home turf. I might even be out this evening covering about half the route just because it's where I ride. :rolleyes:

At least we could get some ideas flowing on what, where, when and how.

Yeah. At least have it concrete as to what you want to do lol. It always changes here...at the last minute though. :D

Well, since I had the day off, I went out to squires castle. I took a few pics of the place, just to act as a teaser. I also got a few pics of Chargrin river road south bound. On place we can add to the list is an ice cream place on 322 in the same parking lot as Chesterland Tavern. I wont name the place since I am not advertising, but the family owns it......I'll post up a few teaser pics shortly

Well, since I had the day off, I went out to squires castle. I took a few pics of the place, just to act as a teaser. I also got a few pics of Chargrin river road south bound. On place we can add to the list is an ice cream place on 322 in the same parking lot as Chesterland Tavern. I wont name the place since I am not advertising, but the family owns it......I'll post up a few teaser pics shortly

Valley Villa? Don't they close soon?

There is also the Popcorn shop in Chagrin we will be stopping at anyways to see the falls. Also the ice cream shop at the end of the park next to Tinkers creek down the road from Bridalveil falls.

LOST, correct on Valley Villa....they might still be open, but will be closing soon for this year, but if we do this ride next year, they will be open. I think i am back to LA this week, the weekend of the 17th, I have a wine tour with friends ( I dont drink wine so i am the DD) and then the 24th I have a halloween party. So unless we do this on a Sunday?I am usually in Chagrin Falls on Sunday late afternoon,early evening on the bike anyways.

i would prefer a dry weekend just saying ;)

If folks are wanting to do this NOW I'm definitely down.... I'd be done to do this now AND in the spring/summer... would be REALLY cool to do it both times actually, get some fall pictures and summer pictures!

Just throwing this out there, Saturday and Sunday are supposed to both be dry (Saturday more dry than Sunday)

map_wkpln_day7_3usne_enus_440x297.jpg

LOST, correct on Valley Villa....they might still be open, but will be closing soon for this year, but if we do this ride next year, they will be open. I think i am back to LA this week, the weekend of the 17th, I have a wine tour with friends ( I dont drink wine so i am the DD) and then the 24th I have a halloween party. So unless we do this on a Sunday?I am usually in Chagrin Falls on Sunday late afternoon,early evening on the bike anyways.

I don't see why this ride couldn't be done twice, once this year and again next year. Fall this year for the leaves changing and again next spring for the winter melt to really get the effects of the waterfalls.

Like I said earlier after the 20th. I will be most likely done riding for the season due to shoulder surgery. Someone else could set up a route and take this into the end of October or November. I just won't be there no matter what.

i would prefer a dry weekend just saying ;)

Then it would have to be a last minute decision due to the unpredictability of the Autumn weather.

Like I said earlier after the 20th. I will be most likely done riding for the season due to shoulder surgery. Someone else could set up a route and take this into the end of October or November. I just won't be there no matter what.

This weekend is good for me, next weekend is out due to a wedding.

I'm in....except some last minute emergency.....squeezing out the last miles from my back tire......they are not twisty worthy but will be OK for this kind of ride and the end of season before I get a set of Pilot Road 2s :D

This is what I'm understanding. I'll know whats going on with me after I talk to my wife.

Oct. 10

Kosmo

Likwid

Timothus

Johnny

Lost1888 (verified)

Jbctown

Neohiofan (per tires)

Scottb

Oct.17 (Date canceled!!!!)

Bad324

Timothus

Kosmo

Johnny

Lost1888 (verified)

So far this is what I'm looking at for attendance. Correct me if I'm wrong! I also posted this up at Ride Ohio and Svrider. There are a couple guys I ride with pretty often who might be interested. Hope no one cares.

Edited by Lost1888

This is what I'm understanding. I'll know whats going on with me after I talk to my wife.

Oct. 10

Kosmo

Likewid

Timothus

Johnny

Oct.17

Bad324

Timothus

Kosmo

Johnny

So far this is what I'm looking at for attendance. Correct me if I'm wrong! I also posted this up at Ride Ohio and Svrider. There are a couple guys I ride with pretty often who might be interested. Hope no one cares.

Who the hell is Likewid?