Parks and Waterfall ride.

Lost1888

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favorite section of Chagrin River south of Chagrin blvd. to the park.

100_2963-1.jpg

picture.php?albumid=38&pictureid=316

102_42292.jpg

102_42442.jpg

Holden Arboretum

svholdenarb10082.jpg

Tinkers Creek

sharonNnikkitinkercreek75082.jpg

Near Paine Falls.

Hellshollow4092.jpg

A little more to tease everyone.

Edited by Lost1888

I like traveling north on Chagrin River Road to catch that nice right hand sweeper just before the bridge into "downtown" Hunting Valley. I almost wish we could run an "Isle Of Mann" type race down river road.It is not too heavily police patrolled, but I don't want to ride like "that guy" and give sportbikers a bad name.

And the Bedford Metro park between Egbert rd and Dunham road is a nice road too. The section of the metro park that is between the 2 golf courses.Also in Bedford is Viaduct Park, nice water fall and stone arches, off of Taylor road

I've been known to be that guy :cool:

The spot I low sided 2 years ago that screwed my shoulder up is on Chagrin river just north of Wilson Mills. Here's a video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGYmCZJ0hiI Chevellefan made of the section. I was headed south he is headed north. It's a fun road for sure but this ride will be a just a sight seeing type of ride. The other road I have worked into the route is Rapids rd. I've been known to be that guy there also. There is also some nice technical stuff in and around Paine Falls but I'm not planning on any spirited riding on this ride. Idk anyone's skill level and don't want to piss anyone off.

If you live in the area and never explored any of these areas you will see some stuff you might like to come back to. They keep me entertained during the week ;)

I like traveling north on Chagrin River Road to catch that nice right hand sweeper just before the bridge into "downtown" Hunting Valley. I almost wish we could run an "Isle Of Mann" type race down river road.It is not too heavily police patrolled, but I don't want to ride like "that guy" and give sportbikers a bad name.

Right hands sweeper going north before Hunting Valley? All I can think of are lefts after Cedar rd. The one left that is at the bottom of the cemetery is kind of tight and often has gravel from the trucks pulling horse trailers. The longer left sweeper before the tight left I just mentioned is nice. Some landscapers have been working on the private dr. right there where the road has a pull off and starts going right to the harder left, but they have been tracking some gravel and mud in the road and making it kind of treacherous. The other big hazard on River rd. is the bicyclists. Cops usually aren't to bad but there have been many times they follow me but never been pulled over.

I really like that section of the Pkwy over in Bedford also but it can be pretty dirty with gravel and Park cops driving Chargers.

Seems like i am wrong on the location of the northbound right hander. If we start the ride at Ohio Motorcycle, we can stop at Viaduct park in bedford, then catch the metropark to Bridalvail falls. Only concern at Bridalvial is the gravel parking and the slight hike to actually see the falls. So maybe we can skip that one depending on the number of people? Then finish the metro park at Dunham, a quick juant down Tinker Creek Road, to canal and turn left. (away from Quaker steak and lube) There is that sweet part of Canal ( just after Pleasant Valley road bridge) where the speed limit changes from 35 to 50. That should point us towards the correct direction to stop at Brandywine falls. From there, I am not sure how to link back to the other stops or Chagrin River road. We can plan the rest in a private message?

I kind of figured we would start at the Ledges so anyone like Timothus coming from the east would ride out 422 kind of central location for everyone. Then we would follow the route I mapped out and possibly eat in Chagrin. There's Dave's Famous Subs, Joey's pizzeria, Yours Truly.

It all depends on what everyone wants to do. The ledges is probably about 50-60 miles from me and if I go to Bedford I will ride River rd and the parks to get there. I guess I could scope it out along the way.

Idk where do you guys want to start?

I vote Ledges.

We should be fine. There are plenty of gas stations not to far from any given rd. Especially since the whole route might only be 100 miles. I will just ask who ever needs fuel along the way to speak up within 20 of running out. I would also suggest anyone who is going to need fuel to stop in Welshfield/ Parkman (I know there's a station in one of those towns along 422 but I rarely run 422 so I can't remember which one.) to fill up before coming to the Ledges. I will be stopping there myself.

The other thing about ending in Bedford is all the freeway access for people to get home.

So, factoring in everybodys travel time, when would be a good meeting time, and then a leaving to start time? I figure it would take maybe 45 minutes for me to get 422 to nelson. I will look on the map to see exactly where the meeting spot will be. I think this time i'll take to Katana.

Switch dates or bikes? :) If I wasn't IN the wedding next weekend I would have certainly considered skipping it.

I feel your pain on that. My best friend was supposed to get married this Saturday and well the bitch bailed so we are throwing a party to release him back in the world. Why is this an issue? Because we are starting at noon and I have some broads coming up from Cinci who would be pissed if I ditched them all day :lol: