did my good dead tonight

Hoblick

on my way home from work on rt 33 at about 1:40 am.. im getting close to my exit when i see a single tail light on the burm. i get closer i see its moving, but not fast at all. as i slowly go by i see its a bike.

i stop up ahead and wait for him to get to me.

a blue zx14. thought the guy had a flat tire, turns out he was out of gas.

he was from sandusky visiting a friend in columbus.

he asked where the next gas station is.. well its about 1.5 miles or so away, and his bike wont even start.

i told him to just pull it off the exit we were nearest to and id gladly take him to get some gas.

so we got his bike parked, went to my house grabbed a gas can and hit the gas station and got back and filled him up.

he offered money, but i declined... just wanting to help a fellow biker out.

real nice guy, we talked bikes a bit and told me he used to ride buells and drag race them, and now he drag races his z14.. at norwalk of course.

i wrote down the website and told him to join the board.

i rode to work on Monday, and there was another bike in the lot i hadn't seen before.

when I went to leave, the woman sitting on it comes up to me, "can you help me? the engine on my jeep blew yesterday, and I had to take my brother's bike to work today - but the battery's dead." (i guess he had ridden it over to her house, and she never turned it off that morning.

she kept saying, "you don't have to push me, i'll push you." it was a Honda Rebel 250... even compared to my EX 500, it was so light and low, I didn't need a push.

the only problem i ran into is that my bikes are all GP shift, and I had a bitch of a time finding neutral on the rebel after i got it started. probably didn't help that I was looking for N between 4th and 5th gear. duh.

lol, shoulda made her push you!

I don't think I could ride without my bike's neutral finder... when I took the class I had the HARDEST time getting into Neutral... makes me love my bike, shifting from 1 or down from 2 while stopped automatically puts it in neutral, full click, half click, all the same.

I <3 it

^ i do like that on my kawasaki. My hondas have never given me much trouble, but the kawasakis are definitely easier.

It had a lot more to do with the reversed shift-pattern than the bike though. I was having such a hard time, I asked her if her neutral light worked :p

^ i do like that on my kawasaki. My hondas have never given me much trouble, but the kawasakis are definitely easier.

It had a lot more to do with the reversed shift-pattern than the bike though. I was having such a hard time, I asked her if her neutral light worked :p

I'd like to ride with a race shift pattern, I feel like clicking down is so much more natural when riding hard... but now I feel like I'm used to it.

NEVER trust your neutral light! Our instructor asked us how to check to make sure you're in neutral, he was checking to see who was going to say "N LIGHT!" my answer was better imho.

"Drop the clutch and if the bike is still under you, you're in neutral"

He laughed