Your Favorite Quotes-

KL9 F4i

So in class the other day we had to give an impromptu speech on your favorite quotes and why. Figured it would be interesting to do a similar thing on here. So that being said whats some or Your Favorite Quotes?

Mine would probably have to be

-"If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything."

"To love is to suffer. To avoid suffering, one must not love. But, then one suffers from not loving. Therefore, to love is to suffer, not to love is to suffer, to suffer is to suffer. To be happy is to love, to be happy, then, is to suffer, but suffering makes one unhappy, therefore, to be unhappy one must love, or love to suffer, or suffer from too much happiness — I hope you're getting this down." - Woody Allen

For the ladies:

“I am ready for whatever's coming. I expect nothing but to be let down or turned away. I am alone. Goddamn. The shit hurts sometimes, but I realize what I am, what I have become. The alien man waved his arms up and down and noticed that he couldn't wave in the right language so he stopped.”

How to live life:

“There are so many hammocks to catch you if you fall, so many laws to keep you from experience. All these cities I have been in the last few weeks make me fully understand the cozy, stifling state in which most people pass through life. I don't want to pass through life like a smooth plane ride. All you do is get to breathe and copulate and finally die. I don't want to go with the smooth skin and the calm brow. I hope I end up a blithering idiot cursing the sun - hallucinating, screaming, giving obscene and inane lectures on street corners and public parks. People will walk by and say, "Look at that drooling idiot. What a basket case." I will turn and say to them "It is you who are the basket case. For every moment you hated your job, cursed your wife and sold yourself to a dream that you didn't even conceive. For the times your soul screamed yes and you said no. For all of that. For your self-torture, I see the glowing eyes of the sun! The air talks to me! I am at all times!" And maybe, the passers by will drop a coin into my cup.”

“Don't do anything by half. If you love someone, love them with all your soul. When you go to work, work your ass off. When you hate someone, hate them until it hurts.”

• Upvote 1

"busier than a one legged cowboy in an ass kickin' contest"

"Aim at heaven and you will get earth thrown in. Aim at earth and you get neither." -c.s. lewis

"I have found the paradox that if I love until it hurts, then there is no hurt, but only more love." - Mother Teresa

random:

Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feel - anonymous

"Having a smoking section section in a restaurant is like having a peeing section in a swimming pool" -Neil Malone

^^ Not a fan of Rollins, but that's not half bad.

I like movie quotes. Two movies FULL of quotes: Scent of a Woman and Devil's Advocate.

an example:

Lt. Col. Frank Slade: Women! What can you say? Who made 'em? God must have been a fuckin' genius. The hair... They say the hair is everything, you know. Have you ever buried your nose in a mountain of curls... just wanted to go to sleep forever? Or lips... and when they touched, yours were like... that first swallow of wine... after you just crossed the desert. Tits. Hoo-ah! Big ones, little ones, nipples staring right out at ya, like secret searchlights. Mmm. Legs. I don't care if they're Greek columns... or secondhand Steinways. What's between 'em... passport to heaven. I need a drink. Yes, Mr Sims, there's only two syllables in this whole wide world worth hearing: pussy. Hah! Are you listenin' to me, son? I'm givin' ya pearls here.

random quotes heard at work:

* "everything is a function of time and money" - Chief Technology Architect

* "no time to do it right initially, but plenty of time do it over" -one of my co-loafers

* "he isn't stupid, he's just a dumbass" -one manager describing another manager

* "and they say "How do I in Oracle?", and that's when Colin tunes out"

* "it's like a flat, hard turd, but it's pretty good" -Colin, describing his energy bars

* "it smells like ass in here" -co-loafer walking into a meeting. We were on a conference call and the phone wasn't on mute....

* "licensing is forward compatible" -me, opining on why MS Office 2007 should be free since I bought Office 95

* "the upstack was having problems" -former admin describing what was wrong with a server. Server ran Linux. Former admin couldn't even spell Linux. He hard powered it off, powered it back up and it was working again. Trying to make it look as though he fixed something. Maybe he meant IP stack, bought he wrote it multiple times in an e-mail.

* "incompetency breeds management" -smart intern co-loafer, on his way out the door after quitting. His boss didn't offer him a job, that's why he walked.

* "Vidi, spanki, veni" -me, demonstrating my great knowledge of fractured Latin.

random quotes heard at work:

* "everything is a function of time and money" - Chief Technology Architect

* "no time to do it right initially, but plenty of time do it over" -one of my co-loafers

I say that daily. The boss enjoys creating that situation

* "he isn't stupid, he's just a dumbass" -one manager describing another manager

Heard that many times...

* "and they say "How do I in Oracle?", and that's when Colin tunes out"

* "it's like a flat, hard turd, but it's pretty good" -Colin, describing his energy bars

* "it smells like ass in here" -co-loafer walking into a meeting. We were on a conference call and the phone wasn't on mute....

* "licensing is forward compatible" -me, opining on why MS Office 2007 should be free since I bought Office 95

* "the upstack was having problems" -former admin describing what was wrong with a server. Server ran Linux. Former admin couldn't even spell Linux. He hard powered it off, powered it back up and it was working again. Trying to make it look as though he fixed something. Maybe he meant IP stack, bought he wrote it multiple times in an e-mail.

* "incompetency breeds management" -smart intern co-loafer, on his way out the door after quitting. His boss didn't offer him a job, that's why he walked.

* "Vidi, spanki, veni" -me, demonstrating my great knowledge of fractured Latin.

“Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the men of old; seek what they sought.” ~Matsuo Basho

And, of course, a bunch of FDR:

A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned how to walk forward.

Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough.

I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.

I do not look upon these United States as a finished product. We are still in the making.

"Its okay to step on your dick. Just don't mark time on it." StgMaj. Hector, MALS-14 SgtMaj., 1992

"Son, some people look at life as if the glass is half empty. Others as if its half full. You need to appreciate the value of simply having a fucking glass." my grandmother

"Lack of proper planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine." heard often from my mother, but I'm sure she's not the author

"If it were raining pussy, I'd get hit in the head with a dick." can't remember

"You would fuck up an anvil with a rubber mallet." my son's godfather

"On a scale from 1 to mayonnaise, your boyfriend is a 4." shittygsxr to osumj

Nobody fucks with the Jesus. - Jesus Quintana

Donny was a good bowler, and a good man. He was one of us. He was a man who loved the outdoors... and bowling, and as a surfer he explored the beaches of Southern California, from La Jolla to Leo Carrillo and... up to... Pismo. He died, like so many young men of his generation, he died before his time. In your wisdom, Lord, you took him, as you took so many bright flowering young men at Khe Sanh, at Langdok, at Hill 364. These young men gave their lives. And so would Donny. Donny, who loved bowling. And so, Theodore Donald Karabotsos, in accordance with what we think your dying wishes might well have been, we commit your final mortal remains to the bosom of the Pacific Ocean, which you loved so well. Good night, sweet prince. - Walter Sobchak

"What is this, Amateur hour?!" - my best line to use during beer pong

"Life is one big road with lots of signs. So when you're riding through the ruts, don't complicate your mind. Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy. don't bury your thoughts, put your vision to reality. Wake up and Live!" - Bob Marley

"Its okay to step on your dick. Just don't mark time on it." StgMaj. Hector, MALS-14 SgtMaj., 1992

"Son, some people look at life as if the glass is half empty. Others as if its half full. You need to appreciate the value of simply having a fucking glass." my grandmother

"Lack of proper planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine." heard often from my mother, but I'm sure she's not the author

"If it were raining pussy, I'd get hit in the head with a dick." can't remember

"You would fuck up an anvil with a rubber mallet." my son's godfather

"On a scale from 1 to mayonnaise, your boyfriend is a 4." shittygsxr to osumj

:lol: Those are funny.