Ride! 9/2/07

rockybalboa

heh, ride was awesome! GSXR Girl went down but nothing major, just a bruised ego :D nothing a drink or two couldn't fix I'm sure :drink:

who ever planed that route needs a cookie! it was awesome, but being my first time I was really nervous and kinda timid, nice twisties but ALOT of up and down and blind curves. I'll have to organize a nice run up near Youngstown, we've got some great twisties but without all the hills (I guess it'd be a diet version?). I'm sure if you know the route it's a blast but not being able to see whats 300ft in front of you when your going 85-90mph is kinda scary, well at least to me :eek:

Dweezel

R u sure that you couldn't see what's 300 feet in front of you? I couldn't see because the reflections of those glitters!! LOLOL:rolleyes:

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fast, well at least to me it was but I'm sure to others it was slower then normal! not too bad til i scratched up my left side! grr! glad i found the grass first!

Any girls who went through what you went through today would not even able to stick it out as long as you had. Good job and I'm glad you had a full gear on!! :D

John,

thanks for all of the effort to make the trip happened! I had one of the best time of my life and I started to learn a lot more how my bike reacts. After I got back (and washed the bike), I tweaked some of the front suspension until 1 A.M. because of this trip. When r we going again so I can tweak my suspension a lot more? next week? or tomorrow? ;)

I was told to check out all the posts about this ride yesterday at the Mexican restaurant, and that was quite an entertaining affair. You guys are a hoot!

The ride went quite well, we kept the whole group together, beautiful weather and EVERYONE rode great!! Sorry, we didn't know you guys at the gas station were part of this forum group or we would certainly have stopped. I was the guy on the Orange bike. Hope your ride was great as well.

Kudos to the guys who came down from Youngstown, glad you could make it and you guys are good riders. We'll have to do it again.

Next ride will include Rt 83, we rode it on the way home and it was as good as Rt. 337. Smooth, less blind, no gravel. Highly recommended to everyone on the forum. It goes from Coshocton down to almost Marietta.

Sorry more of us didn't get to go but after reading all the posts I understand.

Perhaps next time...

Anyway, great time, and thanks for coming all that could make it.

And I loved the response "and my bike catches fire every 100 miles or so" in one of the posts; as the commercial says, "priceless."

Just remember, if we were attacked by aliens, we'd channel all this energy and every one of us would be fighting on the same side.

R u sure that you couldn't see what's 300 feet in front of you? I couldn't see because the reflections of those glitters!! LOLOL:rolleyes:

heh, yeah the bikes paint is my "Secret Weapon" :tongue: if I see someone getting Close i just lean into the sun a little and VIOLA there either blind, or mesmerized by the colors :D

:lol::lol::lol: Did anyone see the bass boat we passed? looked very familar to a certain someones bike :p

hehe I TOLD you! I was seriously kinda worried riding that close to the river that the fish would jump out and slam into my bike! :p Makes me nervous riding close to large bodies of water. I think the guy i bought it off of still has fishing pole holders for it somewhere I've got to get off of him... Too bad I don't fish :(

hehe I TOLD you! I was seriously kinda worried riding that close to the river that the fish would jump out and slam into my bike! :p Makes me nervous riding close to large bodies of water. I think the guy i bought it off of still has fishing pole holders for it somewhere I've got to get off of him... Too bad I don't fish :(

you got screwed! you should really get ahold of that guy he at least owes you the holders!!! :lol::lol::lol: yeah I would worry about riding that close to the water too! Next time we go on a ride don't forget your tackle box :tongue:

Yeah, we figured that was you guys that passed us at that gas station on 377. We were with the C.O.R.E. group that started in Zanesville. Good to see you all wearing gear...well most of it. Saw a few jeans in there but we had some with us too so it's better than nothing. Glad to see you weren't that sportbike squid group we saw of about 10 or so with not a single one of them wearing a helmet. Crazy!

Anyways, hope you all had fun on your ride and I know that Mexican joint and hope it wasn't as painful of a ride home for you guys as it was for me when I ate there a couple months ago. LOL

Not to change the subject but I read this thread from start to finish and I have to admit how disappointed I was to "feel" the ego that was displayed by the initial invitation and in a lot of the responses I read by more than one. I know I don't participate in here much and have never been on a ride with you all but I had hoped to someday. I must admit however, as an outsider looking in, this thread turned me off and when that feeling didn't turn around it made me not want to ride with you guys at all even though I'm sure some of you are just fine and fun. This was not meant to offend anyone at all, far from it as I really like that this site exists and what Satan is working towards with it, I just wanted to let you see what I saw if you're hoping to attract more riders to participate and give you a try. Just something to think for future ride posts from a veteran of the SE Ohio twisties and riding in groups. ;)

Not to change the subject but I read this thread from start to finish and I have to admit how disappointed I was to "feel" the ego that was displayed by the initial invitation and in a lot of the responses I read by more than one. I know I don't participate in here much and have never been on a ride with you all but I had hoped to someday. I must admit however, as an outsider looking in, this thread turned me off and when that feeling didn't turn around it made me not want to ride with you guys at all even though I'm sure some of you are just fine and fun. This was not meant to offend anyone at all, far from it as I really like that this site exists and what Satan is working towards with it, I just wanted to let you see what I saw if you're hoping to attract more riders to participate and give you a try. Just something to think for future ride posts from a veteran of the SE Ohio twisties and riding in groups. ;)
I complete agree, which is why I didn't participate.

I complete agree, which is why I didn't participate.

it did get out of hand, and i maybe (probably) fueled the fire some. all i can say is lets ride and have fun. lets leave the faster and better and eat more chili dogs than you, maybe in a new forum called the BS. talk all the poop you want there but don't take nothing personally. leave it there and live our lives not worried about person here or there, i have done that a few times and it only burns you.

for the people i have wronged or talked poop about I AM SORRY.

lets have F U N !

it did get out of hand, and i maybe (probably) fueled the fire some. all i can say is lets ride and have fun. lets leave the faster and better and eat more chili dogs than you, maybe in a new forum called the BS. talk all the poop you want there but don't take nothing personally. leave it there and live our lives not worried about person here or there, i have done that a few times and it only burns you.

for the people i have wronged or talked poop about I AM SORRY.

lets have F U N !

I concur.

Oh no you know what we forgot... We didnt line up our bikes and have the motorcycle photoshoot. You know with all the different angles and such. Maybe we could all get together this weekend and fake the photos I hope everybody remembers what they wore that day

:lol: make sure you get mine from the good side, and oh wait make sure the sun is in the right position or the bass boat will blind us!

If you didn’t go because of the banter on in this thread you did miss a good ride.

Amen! without that trip, I wouldn't know how my bike and its suspension reacts under stress and pushed to its or my limit. After reading everyone's responds on this, i asked myself "why did I get a sport bike in the first place...or why did I even get a motorbike?"

Then running thru my mind, many many people told me:

1. "you're crazy, you're getting an R1 for your 1st bike" (5 months riding skill at this trip)

2. "If you haven't fallen, it's the matter of time"

the lists just keep going and going and going

What brought me a smile at the end is the quote from braveheart: "Every man dies, not every man really lives". So, the question is: have I lived my life without a regret?