Ride! 9/2/07

rockybalboa

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its interesting to me that so many people care what OTHER people are riding... You don't like Buells, don't buy one. I don't like ZX-14s therefore I didn't buy one. We are in a forum to get along and ride together, not to start fights on whose bike is better.

its interesting to me that so many people care what OTHER people are riding... You don't like Buells, don't buy one. I don't like ZX-14s therefore I didn't buy one. We are in a forum to get along and ride together, not to start fights on whose bike is better.

I love the ZX14! Fuck you man!! lol

Just fucking with you. :p:cool:

i was wondering how it got to this as well???

who cares what the other person rides, we ride and thats all that matters

if you believe someone else bought a crappy bike thats your beliefs. have at it. dont be glad that someone isnt joining you on an "open" group ride just because of the bike he/she rides.

actually an uneducated statement would have no proof backing it up. are we to just go by your word? here is some proof http://www.jdpower.com/autos/ratings/motorcycles

now look at the chart, buell is below average on 3 areas, they are kind to products and dont say they just plain suck but use the term "the rest". i have a consumers report online subscription and cant link here because of password but on there any buell is on the do not buy list.

don't be mad you bought a heavy, slow, hot and nervous handling motorcycle. just look at the good points, it might be comfy for some to ride, cheaper on insurance, lots of torque down low and good looking to some.

so who is the non backed up dumb ass now? only as you put it.

JD Power... ah yes, cause we all know there information is always so accurate... "The Rest"? That's your source? :lol:

You do recognize that 'the rest' can also include areas in which people didn't vote right? Not to mention the fact that their surveys have been proven to have been influenced in the past by manufacturers... Hell, they don't even all ask the same questions!!! Even with all things equal, those reports are so subjective they are worthless... Where's that sheep smilie when you need it???

BTW i put up a poll in my mind and i cant decide if you are a TURD SANDWICH or a GIANT DOUCHE.

maybe I should put a poll up here to what most people think. who voted in your poll for "uneducated dumbass statement of the year" maybe we should recall it and see who votes for you.

also are you serious about calling a air cooled harley/buell engine reliable? they cant even finish an 18 lap AMA race with buell do to engine problems, and i would bet my left or right nut that the motor in those bikes just don't get pulled out of xb12s. maybe a little custom work and building of the engine. just in case yours is a way better built motor with more reliability here is the phone for buell 1-414-343-8400, they might appreciate your xb12s motor with no mechanical problems or any developing ones so they can finish a 18 lap race

The RR engine and the one in my bike are completely different... If you want to argue that the RR shouldn't be allowed to race because it's nothing even close to stock, I'll agree... But you are comparing two different engines son. You're edjumacation must be bester then myne.

If you don't belive J.D. power I'm up for a real world challlenge. Lets ride to the flordia keys the weekend after next. I have an old GSXR with 30,000 miles on it. Lets get together and ride down there if your brand new Buell will make it that far.

Yeah, I wanna ride with you... :roll: I'd rather staple my nuts to my forehead...

HD's are junk. Buells are powerd by HD's so in turn Buells are junk. I can't say it any better than this guy so i'll let him do it.

http://www.goingfaster.com/angst/noharley2.html

If you've got a half hour and 50 or so working synapses it's a great read.

I know 5 people who own Harleys 10 years old or less who have a combined total of about 300,000 miles on them... No major issues. Routine maintenance is your friend. I've also seen many threads on many boards about GSXR frames snapping, R6's blowing cams, etc, etc... However, I am smart enough to not base my decisions off of information that begins with, "I know a guy, who knew a guy, who had a kid that was dating this girl who's father read on the internet that..." or "despite the thousands of people who have had no issues, there was this one guy who had a problem so..."

True dat. I bought my bike after considerable research. It's a bike that fits me, my style (riding and otherwise), and I wouldn't trade for anything... It does what I want it to do and does it well. Maintenance is nothing and it's all grins every time I ride it. :badgerrock:

Bottom line... Arguements like this are like wrestling a pig... Everyone gets dirty, and the pig LIKES IT.

wow you typed alot to absolutely nothing. You say you know some poeple that have 300,000mi. on their bikes then you say that you don't belive stories that begin with iknow a guy, GOOD proff dumbass. I guess your not willing to take me up on a cross country ride. You know what they say,90% of the harleys made are still on the road today...............................the other 10%made it home!

wow you typed alot to absolutely nothing. You say you know some poeple that have 300,000mi. on their bikes then you say that you don't belive stories that begin with iknow a guy, GOOD proff dumbass. I guess your not willing to take me up on a cross country ride. You know what they say,90% of the harleys made are still on the road today...............................the other 10%made it home!

Unlike you, I am not trying to prove anything... I am stating a fact from my personal experience... not mindlessly posting drivel sourced online.

I would never ride with you... I ride for fun, not to prove to anyone anything... I guess our motives are just different. :cheers:

I'm only stating facts I've seen in my personal experince.I've seen a ratio of 10 to 1 harleys verse every thing else combined broke down on the side of the road.Lets face it basicly what you have is a 1200 sportster. Your right you never would ride with me. After about 10 secs. of listening to your slug of a motorcycle i would get tired of listening to it miss, give mine a little more gas and watch yours dissappear in my mirrors.

I'm only stating facts I've seen in my personal experince.I've seen a ratio of 10 to 1 harleys verse every thing else combined broke down on the side of the road.Lets face it basicly what you have is a 1200 sportster. Your right you never would ride with me. After about 10 secs. of listening to your slug of a motorcycle i would get tired of listening to it miss, give mine a little more gas and watch yours dissappear in my mirrors.

You win...

My bike sucks... It doesn't run right... It's twitchy at speed... I've got like 4300 miles on it and it's broken down 1000 times... It's nothing more than a sportster with a different chassis, heads, cams, pistons, crank, etc, etc, etc... It's underslung exhaust was copied off of Suzi who only decided to put it on there a few years after Buell stole the idea... The brakes suck, it doesn't handle worth a piss, it won't wheelie, and it catches on fire every few miles...

Your infinite wisdom and articulate posting has me in total awe of your greatness... Especially since you know so much about so many bikes from mearly passing them on the street... Most people base their decisions on hands-on knowledge... What a bunch of retards!!!

Watch out folks, the great one has spoken...

:bow:

why did this argument even start honestly?!...when i first saw this thread i was stoked to get to ride and meet a new group of riders, but now its disgusting. i thought this was about riding? and seperating ourselves from the 4-wheeled cagers, whether you ride a Ninja, gixxer, harley, or w/e.

please get this thread back on track so the people that actually care can have fun.

Aaron

I think it is funny that you kids keep going back and forth! those who want to go to the ride go, those who don't stop fighting back and forth on this post! This could be a fun ride and a chance to meet some new riders in and from around cols!

do i get a good laugh watching you go back and forth yes! :bitchfight: but come on we all bought our bikes for our own reason! ( WE LIKE THEM)

My best friend gives me shit because I ride a suzuki and she rides a Honda!

lets get back to the topic at hand a ride on 9/2! Or did we forget about that?

why did this argument even start honestly?!...when i first saw this thread i was stoked to get to ride and meet a new group of riders, but now its disgusting.please get this thread back on track so the people that actually care can have fun.

Aaron

:) yes can we please focus on the actual post a ride! I was excited about getting to meet some new people, and have a good ride that day!

Fuck you and fuck your poll douchebag. Asshats like yourself are the reason for splinter groups.

Try validating your bruised ego by doing something, instead of trying to be an internet toughguy.

Have a nice day.

would that first part after a nice dinner and movie, with lube? and i am quite the freak and never have tried to f a douchebag, is it hard?

ha you must not ever watched south park!!! that was big joke and you cant laugh! never tried to be a tough guy, didn't offer a fight or cage match in my basement.

my ego is great, got a great life and family. who cares if you, any AMA racer, 40,000 people on the Internet and Doogie Howser are faster or slower? i was commenting on proven research of ownership from a brand. how about my zx10? lets see it is a huge pile of crap. been through 2 motors, 1 alternator (yes they tried it and it didn't work great, went back to a stator) and a front rim recall.

what is the perfect object? they one someone owns and take of. it is his/gers/its and they bought it for a reason wheter financial or some other reason.

JD Power... ah yes, cause we all know there information is always so accurate... "The Rest"? That's your source? :lol:

You do recognize that 'the rest' can also include areas in which people didn't vote right? Not to mention the fact that their surveys have been proven to have been influenced in the past by manufacturers... Hell, they don't even all ask the same questions!!! Even with all things equal, those reports are so subjective they are worthless... Where's that sheep smilie when you need it???

The RR engine and the one in my bike are completely different... If you want to argue that the RR shouldn't be allowed to race because it's nothing even close to stock, I'll agree... But you are comparing two different engines son. You're edjumacation must be bester then myne.

Yeah, I wanna ride with you... :roll: I'd rather staple my nuts to my forehead...

I know 5 people who own Harleys 10 years old or less who have a combined total of about 300,000 miles on them... No major issues. Routine maintenance is your friend. I've also seen many threads on many boards about GSXR frames snapping, R6's blowing cams, etc, etc... However, I am smart enough to not base my decisions off of information that begins with, "I know a guy, who knew a guy, who had a kid that was dating this girl who's father read on the internet that..." or "despite the thousands of people who have had no issues, there was this one guy who had a problem so..."

True dat. I bought my bike after considerable research. It's a bike that fits me, my style (riding and otherwise), and I wouldn't trade for anything... It does what I want it to do and does it well. Maintenance is nothing and it's all grins every time I ride it. :badgerrock:

Bottom line... Arguements like this are like wrestling a pig... Everyone gets dirty, and the pig LIKES IT.

Well Mr i can read, "the rest" is a term used by JD Powers. not me their term. so go back and look at the page again

as far as the RR engine i trying to show if with a ton of money if it cant be reliable what does that say about production bikes. maybe i should have dropped a bigger hint, like a fully loaded dump truck because that one completely missed you.

also your pig analogy is a good one. never heard it before.

I did not say your bike is junk/garbage/trash/worthless, i just trying to say each bike has a purpose.

also i don't think Rocky was trying to get you to ride with him. this ride was more of You can talk shit, now back it up. nothing to do with a group ride for everyone. personally i cant risk going to jail so if i was there i would maybe ride with your group. group riding is a great time. this time it was not about the group but the Internet fast guy.

I do have great idea from all of this, next time someone wants see if a person is what they say they are a PM would be the best way. keep it private and to who you are directing it at. now most people who are upset with all this were not even who was being called out. i am sure you as well; as any one else who has a bike and cares to in a forum are good people to hang out with, but why are we all ANGRY?

Okay, BACK to the ride, How many people have ChatterBoxes?

and GSXR frames crack along with alot of other sport bike frames because unlike harleys and buells, they can lift the front wheel off the ground and sudden slamming them back down stresses the frames where they were not designed to be stressed. I'd LOVE to see a Harley or Buell frame after 100 or so wheelies, assuming they could do it in the first place