Ride! 9/2/07

rockybalboa

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll keep it going as well...

Twincharge, your bike is simply beautiful. No one knows how long they'll live and based on the riding skills you displayed, you made the right choice.

If that is your first bike, an R1LE is starting at the top. Lucky you!

The banter that went on got out of hand, yes, but we saw no cops, it was a really nice ride and the bark was worse than the bite for sure. Satan, you would have fit right in. As would have Putty, Flounder, et al. We should get another one set up before it starts getting cold and we whine to ride again.

Twincharge, on your suspension tweaking:

If you want to see how much your front end is diving, put a black (it'll match) zip-tie around each fork leg, not too tight that it'll hardly move, nor so loose that a wheelie will make it drift too much toward the bottom of the fork) and push it up as far as it will go (to the dust seal) and it'll help you judge how much suspension travel you're using. Wheelies will make it go down towards the bottom, obviously, as it will compress more and throw off your accuracy as to how much travel you're using. You can push it up again repeatedly to see what's going on. If you want to know about fork sag, call me and I'll fill you in, or there is, I'm sure, a plethora of info on the net to assist you. You could probably Google "suspension setup" and have a field day.

That's my 2 (probably) 3 cent's worth. Have a good one!

I'll keep it going as well...

Twincharge, on your suspension tweaking:

If you want to see how much your front end is diving, put a black (it'll match) zip-tie around each fork leg, not too tight that it'll hardly move, nor so loose that a wheelie will make it drift too much toward the bottom of the fork) and push it up as far as it will go (to the dust seal) and it'll help you judge how much suspension travel you're using. Wheelies will make it go down towards the bottom, obviously, as it will compress more and throw off your accuracy as to how much travel you're using. You can push it up again repeatedly to see what's going on. If you want to know about fork sag, call me and I'll fill you in, or there is, I'm sure, a plethora of info on the net to assist you. You could probably Google "suspension setup" and have a field day.

That's my 2 (probably) 3 cent's worth. Have a good one!

Johnny,

Want a free dinner if you help me tweaking my suspension setup? ;) I got so confused with the rear setup, gotta do more research on that. Tightened the front setup 4 days ago and tested at the sunbury road area. Whenever you had time to help me, hit me up. Thank you for the comment and advice!

Stevan or you can call me the "asian2" LOL

I'm up for another ride and I think I can get johhnymac to plan us another great route to go. I was thinking about either the weekend before or the weekend after LPSANDERS ride on Oct. 6. Are saturdays or sundays better for the group? Do we want to do 1or 2 groups?Medium or hard roads? Let me know and I'll start to work on the details.

I would like to go again but I think two groups would be best! No offense to last ride but some of those roads were a little much for a few of the riders who went! I'm included in with those people! So my input would be two groups....group 1 more advance riders on the harder roads, group two medium roads... as we all know my bike is in about oh a few pieces right now so give me a couple weeks before you go! Thanks

I would like to go again but I think two groups would be best! No offense to last ride but some of those roads were a little much for a few of the riders who went! I'm included in with those people! So my input would be two groups....group 1 more advance riders on the harder roads, group two medium roads... as we all know my bike is in about oh a few pieces right now so give me a couple weeks before you go! Thanks

I'd say share the roads, but let the groups separate by pace... Otherwise it kinda defeats the purpose of the group ride...

2 groups...Fast riders up front, and the ones that just want to "ride" and have fun, follow up behind. That is how I've always done it and works great! Have a meeting point for both groups to meet at and hand out printed maps/routes to everyone so if someone did get lost from the group, they can find their way to the meeting point or home.

I'm in for this next ride... let me know when!