What is important to you?

35RFTW

Looking for some input for future specials so I am reaching out to you. What are the members of Ohio Riders looking for in a special? Give us the ideas and your special could be the nwxt one we run. I am looking to get a good bit of input by Thursday to take to a marketing meeting on Friday so don't think to hard, just let me know what is on your mind!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given the fact that every business needs to turn a profit to survive... if you want to make a semi-reasonable margin on bikes - do something else for customers that they don't have access to... for example.

As a distributor/dealer, Cycle Search has access to parts and accessories at lower cost. So, sell bikes and offer parts/accessories at cost for a certain time period after purchase.

Or, free/discounted service for a given time period for the people that aren't mechanically and have no biker friends to do it for them.

Just my quick $0.02... I'm sure the more I think about it, the more added value activities I can come up with that would increase the customer satisfaction experience.

More trade in value.

We can only pay what they are worth. Trade values are way down right now anywhere you go. Might as well through the book out the window as for what something is worth.

Price

This is more a generalized statment than a helpful insight on a special. I would like to think our prices are pretty solid. Might have the occation higher priced bike, but I can assure you no one puts the time into their bikes to make sure they are right like we do. We have price specials all the time and I can tell you it doesn't seem to interest anyone.

Keep the good ideas coming!

well youre obviously going to have people commenting that they want a cheaper bike. im no business major, but its the things people dont know that they want thats really going to peak some interest.

-maybe an XX% discount on parts for bikes which need to be put back together

-like someone stated above, a discount or free service, but i would add since you guys sell a good amount used, something like a choice between X number of discounted oil changes or a discount on the next major service in the bikes life. i know i can change the oil, but id be a little more tentative of touching valves etc...

-accessories discount, this would probably be better with newer riders

i guess i just restated what everyone else had, JRMii just took all the easy ones...

This is more a generalized statment than a helpful insight on a special. I would like to think our prices are pretty solid. Might have the occation higher priced bike, but I can assure you no one puts the time into their bikes to make sure they are right like we do. We have price specials all the time and I can tell you it doesn't seem to interest anyone!

Hey what do I know? it's not like I have a business degree and work for a Fortune 500 company in their customer acquisition department :popcorn: You asked what's important, price is the key motivator of consumer transactions, lack of sales doesn't mean it's not working, it means it's not working enough based off your expectations.

Edited by Likwid

I know when I was first looking at buying a bike from a dealer, I had talked them into throwing in a decent helmet, gloves and I think a jacket. I don't know if you guys do this or not, but it'd be a really good idea for new riders to get this deal so they will more likely to be wearing gear if it was thrown in with the bike. BTW, I didn't buy the bike due to financial reasons.

Sponsor me racing and i will tell everyone i see at the track about you. I would need salvage bikes. Race bikes are in high demand.

Contact me and we can discuss the possibilities.

I know when I was first looking at buying a bike from a dealer, I had talked them into throwing in a decent helmet, gloves and I think a jacket. I don't know if you guys do this or not, but it'd be a really good idea for new riders to get this deal so they will more likely to be wearing gear if it was thrown in with the bike. BTW, I didn't buy the bike due to financial reasons.

Did this in I believe September and had marginal impact. Most of the dealers throwing in the helmet, jacket, and glove packages are new bike dealers. It is a little different when it comes to used bikes. But we are up for trying new things all of the time. Not many dealerships ask for much input from their customer, but we think you are the best source of information we have.

To those who commented about price, I did a full review of our inventory today in response and have made MAJOR price changes in your honor! This is not to say we are the cheapest people on the block, but they are better. If you have been paying attention to our prices, check out our website tomorrow and let me know what you think.

hookers and blow

I have no idea why you sell wrecked bikes for the street, I think you picked the worst business in history.

New business plan

1. buy wrecked bike

2. take off all parts that wouldn't need to be on a track bike.

3. sell the parts you removed (ebay, craigslist, forums).

4. sell the bike to someone for a track bike.

5. sell race fairings to the customer for their new track bike.

6. stop "putting so much time" into the bikes. If I am buying a salvaged bike then I should be mechanically inclined and be able to fix it myself (point is to save money) I don't want your $60 an hour labor working on the bike driving up the cost. If I had that money I would go buy a new bike.

I have no idea why you sell wrecked bikes for the street, I think you picked the worst business in history.

New business plan

1. buy wrecked bike

6. stop "putting so much time" into the bikes. If I am buying a salvaged bike then I should be mechanically inclined and be able to fix it myself (point is to save money) I don't want your $60 an hour labor working on the bike driving up the cost. If I had that money I would go buy a new bike.

I do like the idea, however if a salvage bike is cheap enough, I think some people don't care and will use it on the street...however..some of the salvage bikes on the site are just as much as a clean bike elsewhere...

But yes... I love the track bike concept, however right now, that is a terrible business to be in...U can get UN REAL fully built track bikes for 5 - 6K right now... SO you would have to be able to get the bike for around 3 or below to make it worthwhile...

I do like the idea, however if a salvage bike is cheap enough, I think some people don't care and will use it on the street...however..some of the salvage bikes on the site are just as much as a clean bike elsewhere...

But yes... I love the track bike concept, however right now, that is a terrible business to be in...U can get UN REAL fully built track bikes for 5 - 6K right now... SO you would have to be able to get the bike for around 3 or below to make it worthwhile...

they say that they can't go much lower on their bikes, so stop putting so much into them (labor) I would imagine that if they bought a decent salvage bike stripped off all of the good parts and sold them. They would be able to sell the rest of the bike for a really low price.

There are people on ebay that buy brand new 0 mile bikes and part them out. Why do so many racers part out their bikes? It is worth much more parted out.

1. buy wrecked bike

They actually do that.. Not all there bikes are are "rebuilds", and whatever you are looking for, chances are, they can find it.