What is important to you?

35RFTW

There (I assume you mean they're) are people on ebay that buy brand new 0 mile bikes and part them out. Why do so many racers part out their bikes? It is worth much more parted out.

And to answer that question, yes, with the right parts and right market..

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They actually do that.. Not all there bikes are are "rebuilds", and whatever you are looking for, chances are, they can find it.

I know not all of them are rebuilds but I have never seen any stripped of all the parts a track rider would remove. No fairings, lights, signals, even some of the bar switches.

Well I know this is not a new idea, but how about free transportation. Since you guys are in Delaware offer to pick-up and return for the bike with scheduled service. I know that is my biggest issue.

I am guessing you didn't read our specials thread for this month! We are doing free pickup or delivery to anyone in Delaware or Franklin counties.

Pay for the MSF courses or help out with the cost?

It is posted on the MSF website that we offer $250 off any bike in stock when someone has taken the class within 6 months prior to purchasing a motorcycle from us. This was in our August newsletter I believe.

They actually do that.. Not all there bikes are are "rebuilds", and whatever you are looking for, chances are, they can find it.

Thanks! We have built a couple track bikes for people. It works well for the people that are willing to pay for it to be done by professionals. Reality is, most racers are on a budget and cannot afford to pay someone else to do the work for them. As for selling parts off of a bike and the selling to people, well there is a time factor that you are not equating. What is worth more money $5000 now or $6000 over six months? In our business plan it is been proven time and time again that $5000 now is the best option. If someone doesn't need/want the fairing that are on their bike, they could also post them to whatever selling medium to make the money back off the purchase.

One more day till the ideas are presented, keep them coming. If you haven't signed up for our newsletter, please make sure to do so that important discount offers are not missed. All you have to do is go to our website and there is a box to sign up on the lower right side of the page.

I am guessing you didn't read our specials thread for this month! We are doing free pickup or delivery to anyone in Delaware or Franklin counties.

It is posted on the MSF website that we offer $250 off any bike in stock when someone has taken the class within 6 months prior to purchasing a motorcycle from us. This was in our August newsletter I believe.

Thanks! We have built a couple track bikes for people. It works well for the people that are willing to pay for it to be done by professionals. Reality is, most racers are on a budget and cannot afford to pay someone else to do the work for them. As for selling parts off of a bike and the selling to people, well there is a time factor that you are not equating. What is worth more money $5000 now or $6000 over six months? In our business plan it is been proven time and time again that $5000 now is the best option. If someone doesn't need/want the fairing that are on their bike, they could also post them to whatever selling medium to make the money back off the purchase.

One more day till the ideas are presented, keep them coming. If you haven't signed up for our newsletter, please make sure to do so that important discount offers are not missed. All you have to do is go to our website and there is a box to sign up on the lower right side of the page.

If you have the leeway just lower the prices and stop dicking around. If someone wants to buy a wrecked bike they are TRYING TO SAVE MONEY do put your time into it.

DON"T build people track bikes just sell them a bare bones bike that they just need fairings for. Nobody wants to pay you to take shit off a bike, just take it off and sell it.

Nobody wants to but a used damaged cbr1000rr from you for as much as a new left over. If you want money now vs money later you are doing it wrong.

We have kicked around the service idea a couple times, just no real movement on it. Good ideas though! Pretty realistic as well. Any "out of the box" ideas for something other than service?

Track day bike rentals.;)

Aaaand he went there :popcorn:

what?

do they think that potential customers are unable to find out what something is worth prior to buying?

I am a potential customer. I WANT to build a custom/salvage bike.

But from my experience, I know if I go to 390bike I won't find any bikes that are cheap enough to justify the purchase.

what?

do they think that potential customers are unable to find out what something is worth prior to buying?

But from my experience, I know if I go to 390bike I won't find any bikes that are cheap enough to justify the purchase.

They're a sponsor and nice guys so I wasn't saying anything. I browse their site a LOT and I have to agree.

I see these posts getting moved or edited in the near future.

what?

Yeah it's a tough sell when there are people on CL and Ebay dropping prices below fair market value. I guess it wouldn't hurt to back up a higher priced sales with special events like tech days, swap meets and tool rentals. Look at things from the customers perspective, if you wanted to buy and fix up a bike what things do you have access to that the normal Joe/Jane do not?;)

normal joe and jane don't buy salvage bikes

That may be true but you don't know their friend Jack! :p JK

On a serious note, why is it that beginners don't buy salvage bikes to fix up and start riding on? Mostly because of lack of knowledge in repair or diagnosis of problems. Wouldn't it be nice if a local shop would help? Sure would build a lot of customer loyalty. :rolleyes:

i honestly think the track day bike rental is a fantastic idea (even if it's JUST for novice days). just make sure you get together with a good lawyer to make a pretty solid rental agreement (as in, you crash it, you buy it). You can even put together group packages where you provide the trailer and bikes.

that, or full frontal nudity.

Advertising, Advertising, Advertising.

I'm sure the initial payout seems huge but the return can be immense. The company I work for recently ran a tv campaign for two weeks and killed third quarter profits by 444%

Granted a smaller company can't just go out and blow money on tv adds but maybe think about approaching websites with heavy track rider traffic. IE something with STG or STT?

Maybe having a salvage title bike that needs a windshield, tail, plastics, tank and more shouldn't be listed for MORE than NADA low retail?

what?

Harsh. Curious what bikes you are talking about:confused:. Obviously we haven't talked about it and you are just going to through us under the bus about our prices being high. If you talk to anyone on here who has bought a bike from me, I give them the best price I can PERIOD. Please before you bash, give me a call and at least try to strike a deal instead of giving the hate.

If you have the leeway just lower the prices and stop dicking around. If someone wants to buy a wrecked bike they are TRYING TO SAVE MONEY do put your time into it.

Just lowered about 90% of our inventory prices yesterday

DON"T build people track bikes just sell them a bare bones bike that they just need fairings for. Nobody wants to pay you to take shit off a bike, just take it off and sell it.

It is only offered, we do not build them to sell. We build them at the customer's request and to whatever extent they want. I don't think trying to build a bare bones race bike is worth it any way you do it. Too many people are in bad places right now in life and unloading already done race bikes for next to nothing.

Nobody wants to but a used damaged cbr1000rr from you for as much as a new left over. If you want money now vs money later you are doing it wrong.

If you sit behind their computer and do nothing than look at prices and pass judgment based on that, it is your choice. Are you looking to purchase this bike? Have you spoke to me about talking numbers? Did you ask for the OR discount? No, No, and NO. I take care of every OR that comes through the door. We can help what Honda decides to do at the end of the year. Our prices have been adjusted, but please stop throwing up your opinion when you don't even investigate the situation.

Yeah it's a tough sell when there are people on CL and Ebay dropping prices below fair market value. I guess it wouldn't hurt to back up a higher priced sales with special events like tech days, swap meets and tool rentals. Look at things from the customers perspective, if you wanted to buy and fix up a bike what things do you have access to that the normal Joe/Jane do not?;)

THANK YOU! With so many people out of work, bikes are going for unseen prices. We can only offer the assurance that our bikes are tested and you can know any problems(if any) up front.

That may be true but you don't know their friend Jack! :p JK

On a serious note, why is it that beginners don't buy salvage bikes to fix up and start riding on? Mostly because of lack of knowledge in repair or diagnosis of problems. Wouldn't it be nice if a local shop would help? Sure would build a lot of customer loyalty. :rolleyes:

We always let our customers know we are available for any questions they may have. We even offer to do the Salvage inspection as a service.

Thanks for the input guys - we have taken the time already to map out ideas for promotions for the rest of this year and next year.

Some specials in the parts department include tires, oil, frames, engines, new, used and special order parts.

Right now we're offering Buy 1 Get one Free on Fuel stabilizer

Harsh. Curious what bikes you are talking about:confused:. Obviously we haven't talked about it and you are just going to through us under the bus about our prices being high. If you talk to anyone on here who has bought a bike from me, I give them the best price I can PERIOD. Please before you bash, give me a call and at least try to strike a deal instead of giving the hate.

I'm not throwing you under the bus. I'm explaining MY reaction as a potential customer. The first bike I clicked on was a 2002 F4i. I looked at the pics and saw all the damage that I described (and then some). So I ventured over to NADA and it listed a Low Retail price of $100 LESS than you have your salvage title bike listed for.

At this point I feel offended and do not wish to pursue the transaction. I don't feel that it is worth my time to negotiate a better deal when it seems that the price is drastically higher than it should be. I fully understand that you guys inspect your bikes to a great extent and therefore stand behind them. I also understand that you need to turn a profit to stay in business. Just don't expect me to come running in there eager to throw cash down.

I'm not throwing you under the bus. I'm explaining MY reaction as a potential customer. The first bike I clicked on was a 2002 F4i. I looked at the pics and saw all the damage that I described (and then some). So I ventured over to NADA and it listed a Low Retail price of $100 LESS than you have your salvage title bike listed for.

At this point I feel offended and do not wish to pursue the transaction. I don't feel that it is worth my time to negotiate a better deal when it seems that the price is drastically higher than it should be. I fully understand that you guys inspect your bikes to a great extent and therefore stand behind them. I also understand that you need to turn a profit to stay in business. Just don't expect me to come running in there eager to throw cash down.

You feel offended? I am sorry if I have offended you, but you are calling us out on a public forum. No intent to offend, but I will defend our position. The price you saw was actually an error that was corrected in the price changes made yesterday and is now only $2795. IF you would have spoken to me about the bike, you would have already known that. There are errors on our website from time to time that go unnoticed, just as any other website. We do our best to keep it up to date, but cannot have it perfect all of the time because we do not have someone that is dedicated to updating it as their sole job. Small shop, job responsibilities get shared. This is why it is important to give us a call or at least an e-mail about pricing. We like to hook people up with deals, especially our OR community. Once again, sorry it I offended you.

Might just be me but I think he was talking as if he were a person thinking of buying that bike. I don't think he was actually saying he was personally offended. IMHO :rolleyes:

As for misspriced items, doesn't that just piss you off when they do that to you at the grocery store?;)

Low retail is $2700.

I didn't call you out. You've repeatedly asked for suggestions and explanations.

$4420 is high retail. What is your point. Low retail is in no way a determing factor of pricing. Take a look on Cycle Trader. John Hinder has an 03 clean for $5850, Cycle Specialties has an 06 for $7995, a private seller has an 02 for $4995. That are all WAY above retail. Are they just as clueless as me? For Salvage, Addams auto salvage just sold an 02 light damage for $3400 and Racers Edge has an 01 listed for $2600. So given the market, I think we are pretty fair, and at least our bike is tested. Any further information you would like to enlighten me with I would appreciate through a PM.

Edited by 35RFTW