Betting Pool: Teaching the wife to ride

Likwid

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish some of the female riders lived closer though that would prolly help her more since shes only like 115 pounds and not very strong some perspective and coaching from another girl would prolly help more

Yeah definitely. The ninja is pretty light, she couldn't pick it up if she dropped it?

you guys dont have a lot of faith. I learned (from my bf at the time) on his newish(2006?) 600rr. I didn't drop it once, and I certainly didn't get frustrated at him bc he was an excellent teacher.

From what i've seen, with people trying to teach their significant others to ride...you would understand. My oldest brother tried to teach his wife. She can drive a stick, so...everyone thought she'd pick it up pretty easy. Does pinning the throttle and slamming into a tree...sound like she picked it up?

I'm just going with experience. I've never tried to teach anyone, and i don't plan on it. :D

As a reference point, nobody actually taught me how to ride. I jumped on and went! That's just how I am, if it has wheels, I'm good to go!

Had I been through some structured teaching of some sort, I would have been a better teacher. We both went through the BRC together (stayed away from each other during the class) and we both learned a lot. I'm sure I'll be teaching her a refresher next spring when we get to ride again.

you dont think she could pick up the ninja? I can pick up my 500.... its all about the technique kiddo :-P

nope , your stronger and a we bit bigger.

and she dumped the sumo one time an broke the clutch lever dats all so all good shes fine :)

she didnt do anything wrong just a lil short couldnt get her foot down soon enough one time when she stopped

Edited by MidgetTodd

All you guys teaching your wives/gfs how to ride you have more patience than I do,

One of my employees bought a 600 yamaha and I rode it to his house for him and I saw a parking lot across from his house so I took him over and tried to teach him some basics and almost had heart failure, He killed it a few time when trying to let out on the clutch and then he got it going and panic and pinned the throttle back my heart dropped and luckily he got it stopped and at that point I said give me the bike and go take the course next spring. Never will I try to teach anyone how to ride again my nerves cannot take it. Plus I have zero patience.

yah, sounds like not such a great idea... I think we just need to get her in the MSF and I'll take it again as a refresher.

if she needs someone to take it with and you don't wanna do it again let me know as my buddy and I still need to take it too

Why do you want to teach her to ride? Isnt that what the back seat is for? :D

more bikes in the garage that way ;)

OK.... I'm not a super stellar rider or anything, but if you guys have wives/gfs that would like to learn from someone other than you guys, I could probably find an hour or two to help teach the basics...

I just might take you up on that and she also mentioned the same thing today about you, carie and mandie and getting a female perspective on things like pickin the bike up and stuff thats just different for a girl rider . shes not doing to bad ,hasnt been out of the parking lot yet but still not bad