your favorite bike out of what you have owned

schumacher

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of the following bikes 06' V-max, 06' KLR650, 07' V-strom DL1000, 07' KTM 950 SE, 81' KE 100, 82' Xt 250, and 01' YZ426.

The KLR is my favorite bike for the price.

The DL1000 is my favorite for distance riding.

The KTM is my favorite for suspension.

The YZ 426 is my favorite for poping wheelies.

The KE 100 is my favorite for return upon sale.

The Xt 250 is my favorite for being a great trainning bike.

The V-Max was my favorite for making me look like a posser. :lol:

Wow, what a tough question. It's hard to pick a favorite when I've owned so many bikes...

I owned r1crusher's '07 GSXR1k at Norwalk

I owned RVTPilot's RC51 on Rt 83

I owned Likwid's Vulcan on Fitchville River Road

I owned some kid on a new R1 on 555

I owned LOTs and LOTs of Harleys at LOTs of different places

Wow, what a tough question. It's hard to pick a favorite when I've owned so many bikes...

I owned r1crusher's '07 GSXR1k at Norwalk

I owned RVTPilot's RC51 on Rt 83

I owned Likwid's Vulcan on Fitchville River Road

I owned some kid on a new R1 on 555

I owned LOTs and LOTs of Harleys at LOTs of different places

I said owned, not pwned :p

My fave has to be my 1973 Honda CR125 Elsinore.

I was the first kid at the local tracks to have one and it really gathered a lot of attention. Fast as shit, reliable (for those days anyway) and was ready to race right outta the crate.

Back then, you bought a bike and then spent a month trying to sort out all of the issues they had. Jap bikes were slow, handled like tractors but were cheap. Bultaco's were faster than stink, but boke daily and were a bitch to get parts for. Husky's and Maico's were the hot set up, but ya had to be rich to afford one.

The Elsinore changed all that. It was the day that the Jap's took over motocross from the Euro's.

1974_cr125.jpg

Edited by Earache

My fave has to be my 1973 Honda CR125 Elsinore.

I was the first kid at the local tracks to have one and it really gathered a lot of attention. Fast as shit, reliable (for those days anyway) and was ready to race right outta the crate.

Back then, you bought a bike and then spent a month trying to sort out all of the issues they had. Jap bikes were slow, handled like tractors but were cheap. Bultaco's were faster than stink, but boke daily and were a bitch to get parts for. Husky's and Maico's were the hot set up, but ya had to be rich to afford one.

The Elsinore changed all that. It was the day that the Jap's took over motocross from the Euro's.

1974_cr125.jpg

so how many did you have?

so how many did you have?

Sheeit, lost count. They were only like $700 brand new. I raced them '74-'77, so I probably had about 7 of them. And then switched to Suzuki RM250's and RM370's. Bought two Suzuki's per year for about 4 years.

By 10th grade I was 6'1" and weighed about 185 lbs, so 125's were just too small for me. They only had like 13 bhp at the time. Had to move up to the big bikes after that.

Sheeit, lost count. They were only like $700 brand new. I raced them '74-'77, so I probably had about 7 of them. And then switched to Suzuki RM250's and RM370's. Bought two Suzuki's per year for about 4 years.

By 10th grade I was 6'1" and weighed about 185 lbs, so 125's were just too small for me. They only had like 13 bhp at the time. Had to move up to the big bikes after that.

you should be out with that p7

I bet your big ass would still be pretty fast on it though

Saw some cool ones at the SEMA Show in Las Vegas last weeek...

IMG_7259Large.jpg

IMG_7260Large.jpg

Weird looking scooter that is a great platfrom for doing custom crap.

Wonder if I could get race compound tires for it?????