your favorite bike out of what you have owned

schumacher

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok mr fancy guy with all of the shiny tractors. I would ride one of them to work over my bike any day. :cool:

That'd look pretty sweet seeing you driving a tractor thru town on your way to work. But I dont know what you're talking about, I'm just a poor white trash bum:D

for now, i'll say my '93 F2 is my favorite (sold in July). aside from some fork dive (corrected by thicker fork oil), that bike was just so much fun to beat on... And I barely cared when I crashed it. bought it for $1250 (with penske shock, racetech emulators, woodcraft rearsets, race bodywork, etc.) and sold it a year later for $1400, after crashing it twice.

my '03 RR is sure to eclipse the F2 in fun-factor (i'm already faster on it than I was on the F2), but I'm still too sentimental about it to really push, and risk crashing. It will undoubtedly become my favorite in due time.

The EX500 will always have a place in my heart as my first bike, but it's "overwhelmingly underwhelming" in every way, now that i've ridden better bikes.

my brother's seca II is just big... I like the brake feel, but that's the only thing I can say i really enjoy about that bike...

my dad's GS500 is light, but anemic in the engine department. If there's anything i really enjoy about it, it's that I get to wring the piss out of it and not be in danger of breaking any posted speed limits :-p

I love my Meanstreak only because I've wanted one for several years before I started riding. It's still makes me smile when I look at it.

My first bike was an '85 Honda Nighthawk 650. I paid $1100 for it a few years ago. I learned to ride on it, and was actually a really fun bike (Once I had the fork seals replaced, the carbs cleaned and balanced, and did some electrical cleanup and battery replacement) The bike hauled ass for being an '85. I miss having it at times. But I was way too big for it. Sold it for $1500 at the beginning of this year.

NighthawkLeftside.jpg

I have owned a Honda Shadow VLX, a Magna VF750, and an older CBR, which was my first sportbike, the F2. All have been good to me as well as the '05 600RR that I bought further down the road. If you want a cruiser with decent looks and torque, get a Suzuki Intruder 1400. That was my last cruiser before discovering the truth about motorcycles. Now I have the '06 1000RR, my favorite toy and something that I will never part with, unless I wreck it. Sure, I hear great things about the new CBR 1000's but the 06 and 07 models look alot more "street" to me. Now I want to ride...

The EX500 will always have a place in my heart as my first bike, but it's "overwhelmingly underwhelming" in every way, now that i've ridden better bikes.

my dad's GS500 is light, but anemic in the engine department. If there's anything i really enjoy about it, it's that I get to wring the piss out of it and not be in danger of breaking any posted speed limits :-p

I think this describes why I still like the Ninja250. I ran the piss out of it tonight (as I do most every time I get on it) for a couple quick trips into town. Compared to the Interceptor 500, it IS slow (duh) but the brakes are much better, then you have the suspension dive on the 250, when hitting the brakes..... No bike is perfect, I suppose, but with some work, I think the 500 is gonna be pretty solid for me...