Which type of jacket do you prefer?

Jcroz91

For the price, Which do you prefer?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. For the price, Which do you prefer?

• Textile
    • Leather
    • Mesh

i wouldnt lie.... its not a huge dick. technically its not a dick. its an vag... but decent sized. i call it my dick. but i guess your right i shouldnt have called it a "dick"

prob shouldnt have... its ok tho. we all make mistakes. u guys obviously just make a lot less than normal ppl.

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not go with the leopard print?

BTW, I got dibs on parts when this fucktard wrecks his ride.:thefinger:

Why do you douchebags keep use my word: fucktard? :lol:

I think I'm the one that gave jcroz that name, I'll have to go back to the other thread and check....

jcroz:

I'll lay it out for you. MOST of the riders on Ohio-Riders strive to be responsible, by keeping their bikes legal, licensed, insured, and wearing All The Gear, All The Time. After being around Ohio-Riders for a while, I would take everyones harping on you about having your bike legal as good advice, not just bashing on you. If you don't insure your bike, keep it off the road. All of this stuff has more to do with a persons attitude about riding than it does ANY of the actual stuff I've mentioned. It's a fact that someone that does all the stuff right, is going to be a safer rider than the guy that thinks he doesn't need to.

Got it?

Now let the flaming resume....

Why do you douchebags keep use my word: fucktard? :lol:

I think I'm the one that gave jcroz that name, I'll have to go back to the other thread and check....

jcroz:

I'll lay it out for you. MOST of the riders on Ohio-Riders strive to be responsible, by keeping their bikes legal, licensed, insured, and wearing All The Gear, All The Time. After being around Ohio-Riders for a while, I would take everyones harping on you about having your bike legal as good advice, not just bashing on you. If you don't insure your bike, keep it off the road. All of this stuff has more to do with a persons attitude about riding than it does ANY of the actual stuff I've mentioned. It's a fact that someone that does all the stuff right, is going to be a safer rider than the guy that thinks he doesn't need to.

Got it?

Now let the flaming resume....

I think Porter needs another star. Most of the riders on this site are responsible and wear their gear and we still have way too many RIP and injury threads from responsible riders. It really is sad, if I personally have to chase away someone who wont listen to good advice just to avoid another "rider lost" thread then so be it. Get your shit together and have a good time or get the fuck out.

Then what exactly is a "Textile" jacket?

Mine is a textile jacket, the Cortech jeans jacket I wear. Heavily armored, but a bit light on the back armor. More can be added. Mesh jackets give me the willies, I can't figure out how anything that thin can do the job. Sure, Kevlar mesh, but I'd just get the kevlar under stuff and wear it under whatever. Like the dragon jeans kevlar under gear; shirt and pants.

And Jcroz, stop with the wheelie stuff. Spend the first year trying not to do wheelies. Worry about staying alive instead. That there is really good advice from a guy with more than 40+ years on two wheels. Anyone and any bike can do a wheelie, it's un-doing a wheelie that gets whacked up.

And getting plates and insurance is extremely good advice, regardless of how it's presented, or from whom. Man up and just do it.

I think Porter needs another star. Most of the riders on this site are responsible and wear their gear and we still have way too many RIP and injury threads from responsible riders. It really is sad, if I personally have to chase away someone who wont listen to good advice just to avoid another "rider lost" thread then so be it. Get your shit together and have a good time or get the fuck out.

Thanks Shitty. That's a concept I got from around here very early on. It's just ridiculous that someone has to spell it out! Nice sig quotes, BTW... :lol:

Back to the OT:

I have a Fieldsheer Aquasport (I think) textile jacket. Very comfortable, and very warm. Nice shoulder and elbow armor, just a pad in the back. I've been thinking about replacing the back pad with armor. The venting lacks, and it gets a little warm on hot summer days. I also have the Fieldsheer Mercury (again, I think) riding pants. They are warm, and have NO venting. Both have removable liners.

Since I got the jacket, I haven't been out of the driveway without it. The pants, I usually just put on when I'm going much more than just down the road. Wrong attitude on the pants, I know. I just pray that I never need them when I don't have them on. I also wear my 7" high steel toe workboots when riding.

i went in and raised hell cause the guy wasnt answering my calls. they finally just switched the title

I missed this part. Good job getting it done. That's funny right there, yelling (raising hell) at them. Doesn't always work out that way.

I missed this part. Good job getting it done. That's funny right there, yelling (raising hell) at them. Doesn't always work out that way.

Yeah, it's about like myself yelling through the phone at the cell phone company, to a guy that spoke very broken english, trying to find out where the replacement for my wife's phone is!

Glad to hear that jcroz faired better than I did!!!

I started out with a textile, but every since I bought my A* leather jacket Ive never ridden without it. I wore it all the time in the desert heat. Id rather sweat a little on a ride then risk getting skin grafts or lose half my back for the sake of staying a little cooler.

I started out with a textile, but every since I bought my A* leather jacket Ive never ridden without it. I wore it all the time in the desert heat. Id rather sweat a little on a ride then risk getting skin grafts or lose half my back for the sake of staying a little cooler.

:plus1: on the protection vs. staying a little cooler!

Maybe one day I'll move up to leather. First, we have to buy the wife some gear so that she'll feel safer out riding, and therefore will ride more! I bet she's got about 15 miles in since we got our endorsements!!!!

I forgot to mention when talking about my gear, Ialso have a couple pair of gloves, one is Firstgear winter gloves, waterproof, and warmer, but still not all that warm. The other pair are fieldsheer mesh. I'm thinking about getting something with hard armor in them though. Next season maybe...

ok well i have read all this.............

kid get your stinking gear and insturance. one month is one month get it, its the fucking law. and learn to ride before you start you stunting carreer it will help. you are getting to butt hurt over everything so bad you cant realize these guys are on your side and trying to help you. it might not be what you want to hear right now, but when you GROW UP and realize why they are saying you are prob going to be pretty embarrased. and you little put down about the site........ well buddy this site is alot bigger than you will ever know with the piss poor attitude you have, and until you change it you will never realize it or get the full potential out of it.