Pay attention to whats in front of you!

SWing'R

Good thing the Wrangler driver reacted quickly. Otherwise it would have been a much worse day for that rider.

Yeah. But I wonder if they should have moved him like that, unless he was layin the middle of busy highway

I'd say they should have let him lay there until EMT's showed up and simply diverted traffic.

Yeah. But I wonder if they should have moved him like that' date=' unless he was layin the middle of busy highway

I'd say they should have let him lay there until EMT's showed up and simply diverted traffic.[/quote']

Agreed, never move a victim or remove the helmet unless extenuating circumstances require it. IMHO.

Another reason not to "lay it down". If you go out there with the idea that laying your bike down will save your life, you're not going to see the much more beneficial exit strategies. He could have easily kept the bike upright, split the cars in front of him and come to a stop before the intersection. Of course, not even that would happen if he never learned how to use his front brake. Laying your bike down is going to throw you off of it, and possibly under oncoming traffic

Definitely a broken ankle. Very good eyes on that Wrangler driver and since the guy was sitting up and apparently talking, i dont see an issue with getting him out of the road. Yes, something could still be broken but, you get someone rubber necking and then you have a whole new group of issues to deal with. Better off on the side of the road.

Good thing the Wrangler driver reacted quickly. Otherwise it would have been a much worse day for that rider.

That would have ruined the rider's day even more.

Agreed, never move a victim or remove the helmet unless extenuating circumstances require it. IMHO.

More people need to be aware of this.

That looks like it hurt. Without seeing more before the camera started filming, it's difficult to tell what happened.

Another reason not to "lay it down". If you go out there with the idea that laying your bike down will save your life, you're not going to see the much more beneficial exit strategies. He could have easily kept the bike upright, split the cars in front of him and come to a stop before the intersection. Of course, not even that would happen if he never learned how to use his front brake. Laying your bike down is going to throw you off of it, and possibly under oncoming traffic

he did NOT lay the bike down, he lost control and wrecked. Point blank. There's a difference between laying the bike down an dropping the bike. He dropped it. Looks like he panicked and locked up the rear without using any front brake.

he did NOT lay the bike down, he lost control and wrecked. Point blank. There's a difference between laying the bike down an dropping the bike. He dropped it. Looks like he panicked and locked up the rear without using any front brake.

That's exactly what I thought.