Heat Smart Infrared heater sale

Gump

Damn..You ever try and pipe your clothes dryers exhaust into your house? If you use the right softner it's like a big ass fresh scent heater, humidifier. Just don't have any guns hanging on the wall or they will rust. ;-)

The cost of the pellets for those wood stoves is almost equal to the cost of propane I looked into getting one up until my cousin bought one , he's spending about $15 less a month than I am. Not worth the $1800 he paid for the stove and chimney + whatever he paid for the instal. I really thought it would be better than it is.

Really? I've heard good things about them. I'll have to investigate more' date=' but my first choice is simply piping a wood burner into the existing chimney and existing duct work. My house is pretty small so a wood stove would do nicely.[/quote']

thats what Im looking at doing now is a woodburner, But yea his is a pellet only stove almost identical to the one in your link it does throw off a ton of heat and fully heats the place no problem but at the $2.69 - $2.89 a bag he's paying for the pellets his monthly is almost the same as my propane and his place is even a lil smaller than mine . plus hes gotta load it 2 or 3 times a day I can just set the thermostat and walk away.

I have a gas furnace that I use for heat and my house was built in the 60s. It's not hateful. I do use budget billing though. Much better than trying to budget for the weather.

Brandon, you're out of your mind. 45 degrees in the house, I'd be doing something to change that or moving.

Yep dats why Im thinkin woodburner I got plenty of trees "alot of lead in em" but still alot of wood here. Im prolly gonna put a insert into the existing fireplace so I can use the existing chimney the open fireplace is great for getting laid and heating just that room but thats about it .An insert with a blower would be a huge improvement for cuting back on me propane bill.

I received my Heat Smart heater. Very nice woodwork and controls are very simple. Easy remote control. Quite, for having fans. The washable magnet filter stuck to the back is a smart idea. I must say though the heating part of it is nothing more than air blowing past infrared bulbs and I would bet it would be more efficient if the bulbs were exposed.

Basically it's a "pretty" heater and your paying for the woodwork and design. It would make a nice end table.

Edited by Gump

buy a high efficiency furnace if your heat bills are out of control. my furnace is 94% effiecient. it cost me less to heat my 1600sq foot house at 70 degrees than to cool it in the summer.

$100 in the winter $140 summer.

those little space heaters are junk. it barely puts out anything. a friend of mine has one and it can't warm a 9X13 room.

Edited by serpentracer

1800 or 1200 I don't remember. I'm sending this heater back. It looks nice, works nice and heats nice. No special technology involved. I don't need a another piece of furniture, I just need a simple heater.

If you're worried about aesthetics, this is the heater for you.

I received my Heat Smart heater. Very nice woodwork and controls are very simple. Easy remote control. Quite, for having fans. The washable magnet filter stuck to the back is a smart idea. I must say though the heating part of it is nothing more than air blowing past infrared bulbs and I would bet it would be more efficient if the bulbs were exposed.

Basically it's a "pretty" heater and your paying for the woodwork and design. It would make a nice end table.

Ya don't say.....:violin:

NOt bustin' your balls or anything...but yeah...I think I called this in post numero #2.

LOL!